Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 08:51:17 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The EZ Enchanter!  (Read 7674 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2013, 02:33:25 am »

Ok, not a lot of recent posts here, so thought I'd finally, per request, outline some info on the chanter!

Ok, so you used to "pwn" the masses using chanters live, and you wanna do the same here. Understandable!

But wait.....whatya mean charm doesnt work??? Chanterz is useless!

Not so, asshopper.

The enchanter may be overall the best support class on EZ. The class on its own has a very respectable pet, some damned good spell DPS and adds more DPS to a group than any class on EZ (if added to the right group). If I had to pick between a chanter, a bard or a shammy....well, rough call, but I'd take the chanter.

Lets take a look at why.

Getting Started

By now you've hopefully read Compiled Starter Guide, and know a bit of what the server is about. If not, go ahead, take a few and read. Thats ok, I'll wait.

Ok, so by now you know you probably wont get far trying to solo ANY class, let alone a squishy caster type. So, given what we know about EZ we know that the chanter is a BOX CLASS here, meaning its one of your army you run from your main character and usually only see to log in, loot and get unstuck from the lovely EQ geometry. Early on you probably wont see much benefit to the enchanter class....before custom spells and epics their pets are a joke, they cant match even a druid for nukes and dots, and the buffs for the most part are 'meh'. Thats alright, just be patient. Eventually you'll see why you've spent so much time on this skirt in qvic, Cazic and PoDragQueens farming gear!

Enchanters start to get a decent pet at 4.0 (epic pet). They're very tough, all in all, and hit so so. They do have a "DT" type effect that seems to trigger when a mob is low health. However, atm its broken, and according to Hate will be til the core coding is updated again. But even without that added effect the pet does a bit of added damage, especially if you have kraken and/or tempest blade on the pet.

Enchanters also get decent nukes later (Insanity, Polarity Flux both always in my cast bar), and a solid DoT in Breathless (lvl 4 of this DoT does 75000 initially, and 10266 a tick, adjusted by sorc and spell cast buffs). Wail of Tash lowers resists, as you'd expect, but also increases the amount of damage a mob takes from casts.

But these are all gravy. The taters of the chanter is their buffs!

Enchanters here get two buffs that really do a lot to increase group DPS: Vampiric Thunder and Gift of Annihilation! You start with Vampiric thunder at level 69 (single target version). This spell increases magic damage from spells and procs by 125%. The timeless version of the spell drops in HoH, and is group, not single target. Massive add to a group's dps when you start dropping the buff on classes that use ninjastrike augs, or on a zerker, or any class that casts magic based damage spells. Gift of annihilation drops in T3/4 from H1N1, Warlord or MCP. This spell is a 300% increase in spell damage for 18 seconds on ONE character, with a recast time of three minutes. This doesnt sound like much, but it can make a massive diff if used on boss fights or big pulls, and 3 min recast isnt that long. GoA also increases chance to crit cast, crit DoT and increases accuracy 200%. Used right its....well, huge. I set up GoA to drop on my zerker with a hotkey on my main box. When I have a large pull or a bigger boss that spawns adds I make sure it casts. Typically stuff just....melts. Nice spell! Also dont forget haste! While melee haste on a player isnt really useful here, the T3 chanter haste spell (timeless: haste) also adds 50% cast haste....which can make a pretty big dif casting! Also haste still works on pets Cheesy

But possibly the biggest contribution a chanter can make on EZ is agro management! They get 2 spells: Irrational Irritation and Masked Strength that effect agro. The first you drop on your tanks, and they get an increase to generated agro (40% add on II3). Masked Strength does just the opposite: reduction of hate fro any action (50% reduc in MS3). These 2 spells combined on your group/raid can make agro management VERY VERY easy, even with mobs doing biggerDPS and/or healing.

In addition to the benefits outlined above, echanters STILL do solid slows, debuffs, mezzes. While these arent used as much here as live, they can, used properly, have quite an impact on gameplay.

On my enchanter I have a "buff set" to buff the group/raid. I make damned sure to agro buff the whole raid. My combat spell set includes the nukes, the dot, rune, GoA, Wail of Tash. My common spam rotation includes wail of tash 2, insanity 4, breathless 3 and polarity flux 2. Works well for me, but play with combos and see what works for you.

Anyway, just a little start to discussing the enchanter class. So discuss, already!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 10:19:57 am by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 07:21:55 am »

I need to write more mq scripts for my enchanter.

I'm thinking a GoA for my UC'd monk as an alternative to the UC'd zerker for certain situations

Along with debuff ones and dots

I really need to utilize my casters more.
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 09:52:28 am »

I have a geared up chanter, no charms on it though.  I have always wanted to find a way to implement it into my group.  I just don't see myself getting rid of a UC'ed bard with strike aug 5's in every slot for a chanter.  I know GoA on my zerker would be insane but does it actually work out to the same  or more damage?
Or is it better to run it out of group as a buff bot?
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 10:06:29 am »

Can do either. I use mine in either G1 or G2, but the times I run single group I pick the chanter over the bard every time (bard UC and NS8). Bard I use when defenses are an issue....or I run out of group if mana is an issue, as regen song isnt group, its area.

And ya, I have an alternative key to drop GoA on monk for ST fights.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 10:18:52 am »

I've been running

G1 war,druid, mage,enc,bard, pal

G2 zerk,zerk, shm,pal,monk,ranger

let's me save the squishies a little quicker if in my group and on my screen and pets get buffed from bard

Shaman in group2 gruges the melee and warrior when he targets him at the same time.

I find I forget about GoA and that makes me gimpy.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 10:34:18 am »

Just confirmed: GoA does work on wizard fire and ice spells.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 11:24:02 am »

I've been running

G1 war,druid, mage,enc,bard, pal

G2 zerk,zerk, shm,pal,monk,ranger

let's me save the squishies a little quicker if in my group and on my screen and pets get buffed from bard

Shaman in group2 gruges the melee and warrior when he targets him at the same time.

I find I forget about GoA and that makes me gimpy.

Just confirmed: GoA does work on wizard fire and ice spells.

Gift of Annihilation is the equivalent of having an Ultimate Charm v1's spell damage bonus ADDED to whatever your current setup is. If you have a UC1 equipped and then get GoA, you have 100% more spell damage bonus than UCv2. If you have UCv2 and get GoA, you will have 100% more spell damage bonus than UCv3. If you have UCv3 and get GoA, you'll have 1000% spell damage bonus.....*cringe*

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 12:13:12 pm »

Great spell, Hate...and nice balance with the limitations.

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 10:15:21 am »

One add on the class: if you're gonna give a chanter a slot in your group, GET THE MANA NECKLACE!! This has a chance to, when the chanter casts an offensive spell, add a ninjuastrike-like proc to the pet! VERY MUCH WORTH THE INVESTMENT!

huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 09:37:37 am »

Yea, I got my enchy UC1 (finally) and ManaNeck V, this toon blows my Bard out of the water. 
The buffs alone are amazing, then the pet with the proc, it's crazy.  My farming T6 time was dramatically reduced. 

Thanks for this post.  If not for it, this toon would still be a Zone holding wanker.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 09:44:47 am »

Yeah, atm my enchy with a mana neck 9 is ....well, lets just say no way in hell I'd replace him with any class other than maybe a neck 9 mage.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 183