Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:21:53 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: is this class ever going to get balanced?  (Read 11723 times)
trendkiller

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2010, 05:37:25 pm »

Because as is....the enchanter cannot do what it is suppose to do ingame, or endgame.

They are completely boring and useless to play....you can however log them to buff up and then camp them. That is and should not be the role of any character though.

can we please look into UNnerfing them by making stuns, charms and mezzing useful again and not restrict usage in various zones?

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 06:38:55 pm »

as it looks, no progress will be made for some time. not until a way to prevent item duplication through charm (i believe it was) is found. also it requires some time on Hunter's part. lots of hours working per week seems to prevent alot of work for him on EZ

Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 08:49:25 pm »

My enc managed to run across the whole of T2 with a red dragon beating on him. Lucky little guy even survived long enough to get in range of my healer.
Woohoo I love having a buffbot with over 50khp .....
Seriously I would like to actually use the class for more then a lvl 70 spell. I dont even use epic click anymore since its a bitch to relog it so often to refresh that shit.
Temptrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 10:51:40 pm »

I love my Enchanter.... but yes... they are useless.  Glorified buff bot Sad

Xx**Official Creeper**xX
Temptrix- 70 Mage
Vanity- 70 Warrior
Erotika- 70 Enchanter
Dallas- 70 Paladin
Celestiss- 70 Ranger
Acaydia- 70 Druid
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 11:08:04 pm »

Because as is....the enchanter cannot do what it is suppose to do ingame, or endgame.

They are completely boring and useless to play....you can however log them to buff up and then camp them. That is and should not be the role of any character though.

can we please look into UNnerfing them by making stuns, charms and mezzing useful again and not restrict usage in various zones?

They are on the to-do list, possible after Paladins.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Temptrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 11:35:13 pm »

Good to hear! Smiley <3

Xx**Official Creeper**xX
Temptrix- 70 Mage
Vanity- 70 Warrior
Erotika- 70 Enchanter
Dallas- 70 Paladin
Celestiss- 70 Ranger
Acaydia- 70 Druid
Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 02:22:33 am »

that is indeed good news
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 09:55:55 am »

Well. Paladins are down, so guess Chanty is in the chute next?

Murrjok
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 03:03:38 pm »

Yes, Enchanters should be next for some kind of Usefulness. What that is. Need more ideas. All i came up with is a controllable pet PRE 4.0.
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 06:26:13 pm »

Since the charm=dupe bug was apparently fixed we can start by reinstating charm and adding charmable mobs at the zone in to zones for use by chanters/bards? (kinda like the ukun/golem in Qvic and the steamworks in PoD already are)

Blood of the Akkadian
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 07:36:32 pm »

Since the charm=dupe bug was apparently fixed

Really? Good news, when was it? Assuming it was awhile ago

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 08:28:37 pm »

Since the charm=dupe bug was apparently fixed

Really? Good news, when was it? Assuming it was awhile ago

VVVV

Exploit is long fixed regarding this.

It would be perfectly fine to re-implement charm.

Blood of the Akkadian
trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 08:37:53 pm »

very good news!
I can totally understand why this all takes loads of time, then you have to factor in less spare time do to work/RLevents and such. My hat is off to you guys n gals actually taking time to suggest honest solutions and hunter and the crew for actually taking the assload of time and skill to code and implement them.

I spent this past weekend trying to throw together my own server for the hell of it.....

I wanted to kill kittens and babies by the end of the night.

THe amount of knowledge and patience required to do all of this is nothing to joke about. It is very hard and trying at times.
I commend all you guys making it happen.

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 11:12:24 pm »

It's worth noting that on EQ Live past about what.. Velious enchanters were nothing more than buff bots on raids.  We even coined a term called "tashicide" on mobs that required nut casting.  I forget which dev it was, possibly even McQuaid himself, that said mezz was the one spell he/she had wished they would have never put in the game.  By the time bards for FM, rogues got SoS and monk FD mechanic was changed "crowd control" meant proper pulling and offtanking.

I am not suggesting that Enchanters aren't due some love.  To expect them to be what they were when the game released is... foolish.

Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 11:32:48 pm »

It's worth noting that on EQ Live past about what.. Velious enchanters were nothing more than buff bots on raids.  We even coined a term called "tashicide" on mobs that required nut casting.  I forget which dev it was, possibly even McQuaid himself, that said mezz was the one spell he/she had wished they would have never put in the game.  By the time bards for FM, rogues got SoS and monk FD mechanic was changed "crowd control" meant proper pulling and offtanking.

I am not suggesting that Enchanters aren't due some love.  To expect them to be what they were when the game released is... foolish.

I agree; mez is a dead mechanic that could be re-instated provided you didn't spam the thing over and over on multiple NPCs. Proper pulling and offtanking is one form of crowd control; I strongly believe in a heavily restricted version as a "stun that breaks on hitting" rather than a 36 second thing that trivializes any sort of strategy within a raid. Think of it as a stun; except that stun lasts a long time and is fragile. That's how I envision mesmerise ever working.

The issue would be multiple spells loaded, right? Wrong. If you are doing current tier content, you'd be able to mez NPCs up to that tier with that tier's spell. It's a surefire way to balance things

Though, I do forsee issues with a 3-tick charm. Maybe a 1-tick charm that gets affected by guardians' charm.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 182