Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 03:04:49 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Discussion about Zone in NPCs......  (Read 5553 times)
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2017, 05:35:08 pm »

I want to get a general feel for where everyone is on the issue of "zone in npcs"

this is to include the "guardians" at the zone in.

1) should we have helpful NPCs at the zone in, if so, why

2) should the zone in NPCs be removed, if so, why

3) should there be "guardians" at the zone in area, if so, why, if not, why

4) list NPCs that should be at every tier's zone in point (if you are for zone in npcs)

This is by no means a change expected to come. This is a fact gathering thread for the community thoughts. Do not let this ramble into anything other than what the stated topic is, please keep this straight to the facts. State your position on the matter and respect other's positions, even if you disagree.

Thank you all

Peign
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 05:37:43 pm »

Please remove all npcs from zone in.  

Why?

They are clutter.

They get targeted when I target nearest npc and annoy me.

They induce bile.  

It is easy to click belt and or boots and get to those npcs without issue.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 05:40:12 pm by Peign » Logged
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 07:18:06 pm »

1) Aside from a vendor, I don't see much reason to have any NPCs at the zone in. The only NPCs I interact  with are the vendor, banker, and teleporter, all of which I summon. The only reason I'd say leave the vendor is because the "Summon Vendor" is a Reward Item and the Summon Banker and Teleporter are just from the Noobie Vendor.

2) I'm all for removing them, aside from t9, and that's only because the Undead attack would have to be altered and some serious rewrites would have to occur to touch on that.

3) I never really saw a point to the "guardians" and if early days of t9 and t10 taught me anything, NPCs fighting NPCs is complete ass, unless it's a scripted event in which we're not meant to interfere.

4) Qvic - None
Cazic - Move the "Weapon Skin Vendor" from Plane of Dragons to here, seeing as how players unlock their 3.0 augments after Qvic.
Plane of Dragons (t1+t2) - Leave Rot
HoH - None
airplane (t3+t4) - Keep the big dude that spawns the bosses
illsalin (t5) - Keep the dude that starts the Kill Quest
anguish (t6) - Keep the UC2 Quest guy
lopingplains (t7) - Keep Wandering Trader
ToV (t8) - Keep t he UC3 Quest guy
OC (t9) - Probably shelf any changes here until the zone gets some rewrites
sunderock (t10) - Keep all Quest NPCs and Roaming Gnome, take out the rest.
Peign
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 07:46:41 pm »

1) Aside from a vendor, I don't see much reason to have any NPCs at the zone in. The only NPCs I interact  with are the vendor, banker, and teleporter, all of which I summon. The only reason I'd say leave the vendor is because the "Summon Vendor" is a Reward Item and the Summon Banker and Teleporter are just from the Noobie Vendor.

2) I'm all for removing them, aside from t9, and that's only because the Undead attack would have to be altered and some serious rewrites would have to occur to touch on that.

3) I never really saw a point to the "guardians" and if early days of t9 and t10 taught me anything, NPCs fighting NPCs is complete ass, unless it's a scripted event in which we're not meant to interfere.

4) Qvic - None
Cazic - Move the "Weapon Skin Vendor" from Plane of Dragons to here, seeing as how players unlock their 3.0 augments after Qvic.
Plane of Dragons (t1+t2) - Leave Rot
HoH - None
airplane (t3+t4) - Keep the big dude that spawns the bosses
illsalin (t5) - Keep the dude that starts the Kill Quest
anguish (t6) - Keep the UC2 Quest guy
lopingplains (t7) - Keep Wandering Trader
ToV (t8) - Keep t he UC3 Quest guy
OC (t9) - Probably shelf any changes here until the zone gets some rewrites
sunderock (t10) - Keep all Quest NPCs and Roaming Gnome, take out the rest.

Nice post.   My post was directed primarily at the noobie merchant, epic merchant etc that were added a few years back.   Brutish Arseclowns in T6 too.
Brunaa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 12:39:41 am »

super posting Kruciel I fully agree with that.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 11:01:04 am »

I was mostly thinking about zones like T6 and T8 and CT

zones where players tend to pull to the zone in area for farming aspects.

by contrast zones like plane of dragons, loping plains, etc where the zone in NPCs do not come into real contact with the zone NPCs don't seem to be much of a problem.

I have never felt the "Guardians" at the zone in area help a player in any manner.  The idea of "oh crap, I'm going to wipe, let me run to the zone in area for help" doesn't seem in the spirit of the way we play.

Still I want to gather all the facts and aspects to how the community uses these NPCs.

I really want to hear from the lower tier crowd as well about how those NPCs affect their play and progression.

Thanks all, keep the responses coming please.

Peign
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 11:22:28 am »

I was mostly thinking about zones like T6 and T8 and CT

zones where players tend to pull to the zone in area for farming aspects.

by contrast zones like plane of dragons, loping plains, etc where the zone in NPCs do not come into real contact with the zone NPCs don't seem to be much of a problem.

I have never felt the "Guardians" at the zone in area help a player in any manner.  The idea of "oh crap, I'm going to wipe, let me run to the zone in area for help" doesn't seem in the spirit of the way we play.

Still I want to gather all the facts and aspects to how the community uses these NPCs.

I really want to hear from the lower tier crowd as well about how those NPCs affect their play and progression.

Thanks all, keep the responses coming please.

My post specifically referred to T6 and T8.   The npcs in those zones serve as a hindrance more than a help.      The rest of the zones are fine imo.   
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 01:23:13 pm »

I say to get rid of the zone in guardians. The only time I've heard of anyone making use of them was when they first came out. Now nobody wants to take up a possible safe place to pull to by putting those guardians that botch up your pulls by bad positioning and aggro, regardless of whether you are backfarming or not.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 11:32:24 am »

the guards can go. don't see any reason to remove the bankers and noobie vendors etc. they are convenient. surely they don't put much strain on the server??

Subdued

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 12:04:30 pm »

I support the guardians being removed, but I agree with Gell here.  Why remove the banker/epic vendor/merchants?  Surely nobody wants to do anything to encourage even more players to be in Nexus/SH for any reason.  They'll be more likely to go there to AFK and make the zones even laggier than they already are.  When my toons get an epic book I like to turn it in when it's convenient to do so, after a repop, or after a succor, for the extra dps/heals/etc.  If I were constantly turning in epic books or things like that in Nexus/SH then I'm more likely to do those things and then take my AFK immediately after or whatever.

Guardians.. yeah, just stupid annoying and lacking in any purpose.  Byebye.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 12:56:19 pm »

If people want them, fine. The reason my post suggested removing them is because they never used to be there, resulting in the older players all carrying "summon banker" and "summon teleporter" on their warriors. Personally, I never use the vendors or bankers near the zone in because of this, but if the newer generation has gotten used to them being around it's fine by me.

Sounds like the  common thing is 'remove the silly guardians'

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 05:28:29 pm »

Sounds like the  common thing is 'remove the silly guardians'

seems like that's where it's going so far.

This can be done, in addition the other NPCs can be moved to accommodate the zone pull crowd as well.

walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 12:01:56 pm »

you should definitely remove the "waypoint" things (airplane, postorms, etc)..

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 02:54:32 pm »

you should definitely remove the "waypoint" things (airplane, postorms, etc)..

will consider.

Thanks all for your contributions on this thread

walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 12:05:19 pm »

there's also one in stonehive, by the donation vendors, probably same in nexus.

should also remove the waypoint clicky from the noobie vendor....

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64993
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 76