Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:26:16 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: 60 PvP  (Read 15696 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2013, 12:47:10 pm »

Max Epic 1.0 and Max Level 60 for pvp zone, discuss.

Max gear would probably be BoThunder unless I allow Blue Diamond Custom Armor.

Level 60 would restrict lots of stuff like charms, etc.

Maybe have a pvp boss every 1-2 hrs but not millions of plat if that often.

Other rewards too, maybe alternate way to get charm upgrades.

Which zone to use.

Discuss.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
dartonion

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 01:14:58 pm »

sounds gr8.i would make a toon and gear just to do this.lvl 60 would restrict spells and such too so there is no way to supertwink a toon.would be kinda neat to see like crushbone as a low lvl pvp if possible.you could do reward as like the huge plat bag or something.charm upgrades would be nice u could pvp farm yur charm upgrades way ahead of time this way if u put in the work
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:17:10 pm by dartonion » Logged

RAWR!!!!
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 01:27:55 pm »

Would make AA's worth leveling

Hulkmad
Udeni

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 01:50:01 pm »

Would be cool to see a zone that was only for lv 60's, mainly based off of skill. If blue diamond armor was allowed, there would be a HUGE gap between the people with BoT gear and BD armor (like the gap from qvic to t2). This would make the pvp ridiculously unbalanced, which would kind of kill the whole purpose of a low level pvp zone. I'd really like if it were based off of skill, not "Lets see how well we can twink a lvl 60 toon with BD armor! YEAH!!!"

I think it'd be really cool if you could get charm upgrades from this, also. Maybe have some neat items drop, also? Ideas are: weapons that are about the quality of a 3.0, maybe with some real useful pvp clickies on them? Or some jewelry/armor. Or some various other clickies, like illusion clickies. Illusions for these could be various mob graphics, like dune beetles, or snakes.

Opeij - Paladin, Udenii - Warrior, Dustoff - Cleric, Udeni - Berzerker, Intap - Wizard, Tempten - Shaman, Inedu - Enchanter, Ewoida - Druid, Gusis - Bard, Ranyp - Mage
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 02:13:32 pm »

Nobody charms a level 60. I'd just restrict gear on lvl 70's
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 02:36:46 pm »

One way to deal with someone with BD armor is similar to what RZ server used to be on live. In pvp if u dropped someone u could loot 1 item from their corpse and their coin. If u wear BD and get killed be prepared to lose it.
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 03:02:09 pm »

I suggested environmental stuff in ooc last night and people cried out that it wasn't PVE and they just wanted strict, rock 'em sock 'em, PVP. Personally, I think having some strategy involved is part of the game, knowing your terrain, being aware of where you are etc. I know bringing up WoW on these boards is blasphemy, but capture the flag was a lot of fun and you could definitely use the map to your advantage over people who preferred to just mash keys. If you guys just want to mash your keys that's cool, but personally, I'd prefer to just /random 1 1000 and be over with it if that's the case. That's over simplifying the argument, but I don't really see what environmental stuff would hurt.

I would suggest a zone like Kithicor or LFay if we wanted an open combat sort of zone, and Western Wastes complete with mobs for those who want a different experience. You could even ally yourself with Dragons to avoid them, but still have to watch out for burrowers, AE's, etc.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 08:55:32 pm »

Without BD armor you are just going to die way to fast to even be worthwhile in the zone.
If/When we get this going I'll show you what I'm talking about Wink

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 01:43:56 am »

Players could technically farm their RoA as well at level 60, unless I make the RoA level 70 only.

That might be a solution for a lot of stuff we don't want to allow in level 60 pvp is make the gear level 70 such as RoA, Charms, BD Armor, and other ranked items, etc.

So maybe all custom ez server armor would be level 70 required, and no flags allowed (No CG, FG, 3.0 flags).  That should help to keep it fairly low level pvp.

Just need scripts to limit 1 IP allowed in zone, and tracking of pvp kills. Prefer perl quest code rather than custom source since I rather just used the standard source code from eqemu.

Will make a vendor with pvp armor to buy as well. Hoping to make a lot of stuff, full suit, clickies, etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 05:13:10 am »

Update:

Making zone 'commons' a level 60 pvp zone for now. Might move it to another zone later, but using this for now for lack of better ideas.

Commons is now a static zone.

Having a multiple points of entry into the zone in addition to 30 seconds before pvp flag is on should help players to zone in and get established before getting ganked.

Must be level 60 or under and have no flags for anything (Casters, Crafter, Fighter, 3.0, etc).

Following items have level requirements:

65 Charms
70 Ultimate Charm
65 Epic 1.5
70 Epic 2.0
70 Ring of the Ages
70 Shield of the Ages
70 Mana Necklace
70 Sceptre of Time
70 Strike Augs
70 Angry Nerds
70 HP Augs
70 Halloween Pets

For now the Epic 1.0's don't have any level requirement. Not sure if some of them will be over powered, might need adjustment.

Custom Armor from Crafters Guild currently has no level requirement. Since Ring of the Ages no longer delevels players, then I might just make Custom Armor require level 65 or 70. Allowing the insane hp with crafted armor would almost defeat the purpose of finding twink gear like FBSS, Jboots, etc.

Currently I don't know how to limit 1 zone to allow only 1 IP address, or give credit for pvp kills. I know the pvp credit for kills only works if the the whole server pvp flag is on. Even if we give credit for pvp kills then how would we stop players from farming their multibox for kills unless limit per IP, of which even that can be bypassed. Would love to at least give a shout to zone when someone kills a player. That way we know who is dominating so other players can target them.

Will probably make a boss with token drop for armor and/or plat.

Please list any other issues or concerns for a some what fair level 60 pvp zone. Will continue to develop the the level 60 pvp zone and create rewards as well.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 04:51:39 pm »

Is it possible to have the player that was killed drop a PVP token that can be traded in for PVP gear?  Also, would the tokens be trackable as well for stats at least for total kills or kill streaks?

Team Warmon
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 10:39:49 pm »

I think its possible if the whole server is flagged as pvp, but what would prevent multiboxes from farming their own boxes to get tokens?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 03:34:11 am »

whole server is flagged as pvp

I hope that never happens.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 09:50:17 am »

I won't flag whole server. Will keep it localized to zones since lot of people don't like pvp.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 11:35:22 am »

Is it possible to have the player that was killed drop a PVP token that can be traded in for PVP gear?  Also, would the tokens be trackable as well for stats at least for total kills or kill streaks?
Yes I can write the code to track who kills who and reward the killer with tokens.
Yes the tokens can be "trackable" in terms that they can be used for rewards.

..., what would prevent multiboxes from farming their own boxes to get tokens?
I'm working through some crap I think will work but it's going to be a day or two before I really get it hammered down. I don't know if Nate has seen this thread yet but he will probably come up with the same solution as me but use a entirely seperate method.
Never hurts to have a couple pieces of code you can pick from.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 232