Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:04:16 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SK epic tap proc  (Read 8155 times)
Lord Traxor

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2013, 04:12:50 am »

so I was on a pretty long break, I was 4.0'd when i left, when I came back I was able to snag a 4.5 book, yay.  Suffice to say, I went to PoDrag to go farm and noticed my epic proc was only doing 2250, whereas my 4.0 was doing about 8K. (has a lowbie Sorc Charm) My SK survival has seemed to greatly decrease, obviously i noticed the insane boost to melee damage and with that the slower delays, but it seems like quite a nerf to drop the tap down so much along with the slower swings on top of that.

I noticed other epics (ie BER) got their damage proc increased, i presumed to make up for slower swings, was that not the intention for SK?

thanks.
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 04:46:19 am »

The SK proc isn't affected by AAs anymore for some reason :/ It used to do like 10.5k with a UC, it's only 6k with a UC now.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 06:45:50 am »

Was either a change pushed by Hate or when Hunter updated the DB last and the AA's were changed. I'm sure one of them will chime in sooner or later and respond with how its meant to be.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 10:36:44 am »

I didn't even really notice because I get heavy use out of the T3 lifetap, which hits for 20k and heals for 140k with a UC. This change really hurts lower geared SKs. We're monsters with a UC due to the double dipping on the proc damage/healing, but this would make the proc for a 3.0 wielder with an oracle 11 charm heal for 4.5k per proc instead of 18k. This is a pretty severe reduction. Lower tier SKs don't have any kind of beefy lifetap spell like legend of crab to use.

With a UC it went from 10.5k damage/73.5k healing to 6k damage/42k healing. This can still crit on both halves, so it's still possible to get some silly healing values. 42k is about what my paladin's 4.5 procs for though, and that heals the entire group and cures.

Ideas/Solutions:

The proc effect on 3.5 and beyond can be improved upon slightly now, since the SK proc stopped upgrading after the 3.0 (and didn't need it), but now it is almost half its previous values. Currently, once I finish my 5.0s, my paladin's group proc will heal for more than my SK's self only proc. Yeah, what? I'd suggest 2000 on 3.5, 2250 on 4.0, 2500 on 4.5, and 2750 on 5.0. This would be 8k/9k/10k/11k damage per proc and 56k/63k/70k/77k healing respectively, or reasonably close to the old values (coming out slightly ahead at the end of T5)

I'd also suggest a lower level version of Legend of Crab dropping somewhere around qvic level, costing 1000 mana and being half the value of legend of crab, or a 2500 tap. It is important that it still be reasonably potent while having a severe mana cost reduction, because a SK at that gear level will not get the damage/healing double dipping effect of a UC, and even if they do their homework and farm up to an oracle 21 grinding LDONs, it will still only heal for 20k while they are battling kronos to get into HoH for access to v2s. UCed SKs will continue using the T3 version since it does double the damage/healing and they have the regen to back it up.

Edit: Final thought, this change makes the penalty on the Call of the Void line of spells pretty hefty. The spell already is pretty lame now, since it contributes much less relative dps now with the swing speed change, but it provides an even harsher penalty to healing. Before, I would proc for 10.5k and heal for 42k with Call of the Void 2 on and a UC equipped. Now I heal for 24k with it going. That kind of survivability hit is just not worth it at all for a 6k damage proc Sad
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:39:42 am by Griz » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 11:49:55 am »

Was either a change pushed by Hate or when Hunter updated the DB last and the AA's were changed. I'm sure one of them will chime in sooner or later and respond with how its meant to be.

There is actually an issue with some of the scaling atm. Intensity of the Resolute isn't actually increase critical damage on some spell damage, but only sometimes. If I take off Curious Creation II or drop Ancient: Call of Power, it WILL sometimes take effect on Hate. If I have them both up, it never seems to apply. This didn't happen before and I will eventually get to debug to find out why. Right now, there is a scaling issue somewhere along the line.

As for the post from Griz regarding the epic lifetap: see the mess above. Once the scaling is resolved, it should get less painful. The Paladin epic healing more than the SK epic seems slightly off to me, but I will have to experiment as time permits. I think the epic effect will be renamed down the road since everyone sees "Epic Lifetap 3.0" on 6.0 and immediately feel neglected. Petty, but people are petty. As for the values, I'm still unsure if they need to go up. With UCv2, it's disgustingly high healing when it crits on either end (healing end or damage end).

As for a lower end lifetap, maybe.

As for the Call of the Void, I am aware that the changes drastically altered things. Kraken, Tempest Blade, Call of the Void, and other proc'ing bonuses will be likely upped slightly. I say slightly because the recent changes gave a LOT of dps increases and I'm hesitant to further skyrocket the values.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 02:27:27 pm »

Its nice seeing pretty numbers on crap like blades and kraken but I wouldn't upgrade those spells at all.
DPS across the board went up. Only the whiny ass bitchs try to deny this and that is because they want to see more dps on top of the increase we already got.

I have no idea how the Sk void spell works but reading this thread I assume it adds a proc that can heal the sk, if thats the case maybe upgrade it to keep it in line but I personally hate SK on this server.
For the longest time you could count on one thing when it came to loot, SK gear was 100x more common then anything else.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 02:29:14 pm »

Call of the Void is essentially a DPS form. Sacrifice large amounts of self healing for an added damage proc. If a player uses a rank higher than they can sustain, the effect will actually cause the player to kill themselves.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 04:27:57 pm »

Well you taught me something. Sounds like a fun spell. We like fun things, like candy and a van.

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 07:13:24 pm »

Call of the Void is essentially a DPS form. Sacrifice large amounts of self healing for an added damage proc. If a player uses a rank higher than they can sustain, the effect will actually cause the player to kill themselves.

-Hate

Call of the void 2 adds a 1500 base damage proc (basically like, a FS3?) at the cost of -300% healing. A UCv1 is +600%.

I'm not sure what the values are on III as I don't have it, I think it's -500% healing (so basically, you barely heal at all unless you have a UCv2), and the proc hits for 12.5k or something? Current swing speeds are around 4 seconds even with full haste. Considering how much you give up for it, the 3k dps isn't worth it. Besides, damage procs are boring. Do swarmpets work here? Give let me proc some short duration skeletal minions!

I think SK DPS is pretty good overall. If I had to have some kind of wishlist (none of which I am at all expecting, just throwing cool/silly ideas) it would be:

1) Thirst of Muram actually working in some capacity
2) damage shield on cloak of anarchy turned into a small lifetap proc that triggers when hit.
3) Upgrade to T4 AoE nuke, maybe give it a slight cast time to compensate.
4) Froglok Ghoul Pet! Can do anemic damage, maybe like a necro 2.5 pet with more hp. It just needs to be able to survive a rampage in T5.
Lord Traxor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 03:44:20 pm »

logged in and checked out the proc after a pretty long break, guess the proc damage was intentional.  Dang
Slapit255

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 11:22:07 pm »

I was actually testing this last night, and I didn't seem to be getting healed AT ALL from the SK tap proc (offensive OR defensive 4.0). I dont know if this is intended, but my SK is really broken atm =(
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 11:41:55 pm »

I was actually testing this last night, and I didn't seem to be getting healed AT ALL from the SK tap proc (offensive OR defensive 4.0). I dont know if this is intended, but my SK is really broken atm =(
http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=5097.0

Slapit255

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 12:15:32 am »

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=5097.0

I am probably missing something, but I don't see anything related to the tap proc for the SK Epic specifically.
Slapit255

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 08:52:56 am »

I just realized this is an incredibly outdated thread, I apologize for the necro thread revival =( It was one of the top ones though and "assumed" it was current. My bad
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 256