Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:47:30 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Warrior agro concerns  (Read 20207 times)
Peign
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2016, 11:58:06 am »

"broken" maybe a lil harsh, but IMO things should be usable at the level/tier you get them. it isn't like I bought ore from tier 7 to make these augs. you can make them starting at tier 1.

the question of whether Nerds augs need a pass for balance/etc, maybe that's a separate issue, sure. I mean these Nerds IV can't hold aggro from Fire/Ninja 7 (also crafted from looted mats, not bought) not even sure the Nerds V could, even if you changed the level req back to 70/71 or whatever.

Nerds alone certainly will not hold aggro.    There are other items tanks can get that help with aggro.   There are also specific classes that have utilities to help tanks keep aggro and reduce aggro on dps.

Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2016, 02:08:22 pm »

Have you try putting Slimy Sapphire of Cowardice augs on your aggro stealing DPS?

My monk used to steal aggro all of the time until I got at least 15%+ aggro reduce aug on him and it's so much better now.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2016, 02:44:23 pm »

No excuse other than laziness for aggro issues.

use an aa...delay your dps's attack if need be to build aggro...farm some items that take care of this like 100%   

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2016, 05:52:27 pm »

No excuse other than laziness for aggro issues.

use an aa...delay your dps's attack if need be to build aggro...farm some items that take care of this like 100%   

Agreed - Back in Kunark I wouldn't break mez until I had taunted twice  Cool

Plus, things are a lot more fun when the game is more than a mindless button mash of 2-3 keys.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2016, 11:19:27 am »

*sigh*
so then what is the point of Nerds augs again?  Roll Eyes

I wrote a lot of this in the previous thread but I'll repeat...

setup is
War 4.5, Ice7/Nerds4, 3.0 for aggro click, Angerbomb clickie, chanter aggro buff.
Pal 4.5, Fire7 x2
Rng 4.5 Ninja7 x2, Cowardice aug 8 or 9 I think..
Mage *whocares*
*few other trash toons whocares*

I normally pull with the Pally, if I pull with scepter he keeps aggro pretty much, which is ok, he's a fine tank, can def. tank trash..
War grabs adds with AOE epic and Nerds4, works fine. IF I want War to get aggro of main target, eg a boss, I have to *spam* 3.0 clickie... I put Angerbomb in his rotation but it doesn't do very much. I have to click his 3.0 about 10-20 times to pull aggro off the paladin, or ranger if he grabs aggro... on a boss, I have to keep spamming it every few seconds or the ranger/pal will pull aggro.

Like I said originally, none of this is game breaking... yes I can spam clickies ( gosh so fun and "challenging" :rolleyes:

I brought it up originally because I wanted to *try* the NerdsV instead of the Icestrike, but *whoops* I can't use it for .. ummm.... TWO more tiers. *lol*

fwiw I did try 2x Nerds4... not any better, in fact it was worse. I kinda doubt using Nerds3 is going to be any better.. though I may try... I'll have to backfarm for it I guess in CT/Qvic?

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:21:06 am by walk2k » Logged

walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2016, 11:24:18 am »

Oh , I also tried putting Jolt in ranger's rotation but umm. Cinder Jolt -500 aggro... yea no. I put the jolt proc buff on him fwiw.. it's pretty much free so why not, but doubt it really does anything.  I mean, these are spells/items designed for EQ live when toons were hitting for 100s and 1000's... not 100,000 - 1millions+

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2016, 01:24:14 pm »

I see two problems, first you need 2x nerd 4's(AOE hate generation), and second you should be pulling with your tank not your healer.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2016, 02:09:41 pm »

Like I said originally, none of this is game breaking... yes I can spam clickies ( gosh so fun and "challenging" :rolleyes:

Roll your eyes all you want, but this agro issue (which is very temporary as at 75 it goes away) was the only time that i wasn't just pulling and sending my box army to attack with my only concern being when a mob dies i need to re-send the army. Even having concern for my Main Tank's ability to survive is not an issue until T9ish (thanks to uber buffs).

The point isnt the actually click spamming but managing your agro. A degree of difficulty that requires a semblance of thought in between a mob going down and having to turn auto attack back on.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2016, 03:43:31 pm »

truth is spoken in the above post.. my tank is 95% more likely to die in those few moments between death of a mob and targeting/sicking my group onto the next one...

sometimes I target a mob that is under the world/untargetable for some reason and my paladins just stand and watch me get beat to death... sometimes I target a mob that got behind me somehow... sometimes a toon will go down and lag out the bcc channels and again my team watches my tank get slowly beat to death....(not so slow in t10)

But agrro off of my tank is never a problem... even with uc3 max uw paladin spamming heals and damage... max uw uc3 rogue stabbing the shit out of things...wizzards nuking for 5 billion aoe at the start of a fight... none of these thing pull agro...

I use the aggro clicky to pull.. and spam it and arrows on inbound mobs....I use furious and fight for 5 or 6 seconds solo just to make sure....I use buffs to enhance or reduce aggro as needed and keep them up...

I dont have aggro issues...

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2016, 06:51:34 pm »

Agreed. Only agro issues I have are on the "suicide AoE" classes, wizzie and druid. Outside that, even my rogue (UWXI) cant peel agro from the warrior.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2016, 11:04:44 am »

thanks for the feedback guys.

driving/pulling with the paladin avoids the situation(s) you describe, where the healer gets stuck or whatever and you don't get healed and wipe... basically as long as my paladin is attacking he can solo anything, while I tab over to other toons to see wtf is going on (got stuck on geometry, crashed.. was looting, etc..)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:34:16 pm by walk2k » Logged

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2016, 12:24:18 am »

They are talking about pulling dozens or hundreds of mobs and the pally having trouble targeting one of them. You will need to pull more than one at a time in order to finish T5 before you go senile. If your warrior can't handle it you should work on your shield of the ages. When you use MQ2 you can make your group move to the mob and attack it using simple commands. All of this is covered in the wiki.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2016, 04:58:10 pm »

basically as long as my paladin is attacking he can solo anything

Heh. That changes fast.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 256