Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:58:24 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Omens AA - Pet Focus - Seems broken =(  (Read 8062 times)
L0stman

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2010, 08:50:52 pm »

Hey folks,

I just bought pet focus expecting to be able to direct little boo-bear around like a fine surgeon to find out that it has no effect.

Yes, I typed /pet focus.  No message / no effect.

Is this a known issue? 

Thanks!
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 10:27:49 pm »

I just bought pet focus expecting to be able to direct little boo-bear around like a fine surgeon to find out that it has no effect.

I thought Beastlord pets could already be controlled?

L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 10:40:38 pm »

If you tell your pet to attack a mob A, and B starts wailing on it, it may very well lose track of what it was doing and start attacking b.

/pet focus - when turned on - forces your pet to attack only the mob you tell it to.  This allows you to easily change targets your pet is on if you need him to tank a few.

Seems to be broken.  How do you submit a bug report?
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 10:58:54 pm »

Ok i see what you're saying. The post here should suffice. Hunter reads the boards for problems. but you could also email him about it. He reads that more than anything

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 07:43:27 am »

damn.. i think my mage pet is special then... regardless how many times i click attack on the second mob,.. he keeps hitting the first one... I have to spam BACK then attack the other one lol

Stubborn little bugger!

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Rezniron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 07:59:19 am »

i set up a simple macro for my beast that says

/pet back
/pet attack

i have to click it once maybe twice to get it to switch targets.
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 08:01:22 am »

And it may work sometimes, until another mob starts beating on your pet more, or is cooler looking, or looks juicier.

If two mobs are hitting a pet, the pet will apparently randomly change between them.

That was the point of the /pet focus.  "I will attack whatever mob you tell me to, until that mob is dead, no matter what."
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 08:10:41 am »

The lack of this is getting annoying.

I cant do mob encounters because I cant me my stupid pet on the mob it needs to be on.

Just attempted MoW.  When we got to 89% I /pet hold'ed, backed off, then moved to another mob and did /pet attack.  My pet gladly attacked - then started beating on MoW again.  Took another round of adds popping for me to realize what happened.  Wiped that one too =/

Does anyone have a workaround they know?  Is /pet focus broken on the entire emulator or just this server?
Murrjok
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 02:18:26 pm »

Its broken Emu-wide.
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 03:45:22 pm »

The lack of this is getting annoying.

I cant do mob encounters because I cant me my stupid pet on the mob it needs to be on.

Just attempted MoW.  When we got to 89% I /pet hold'ed, backed off, then moved to another mob and did /pet attack.  My pet gladly attacked - then started beating on MoW again.  Took another round of adds popping for me to realize what happened.  Wiped that one too =/

Does anyone have a workaround they know?  Is /pet focus broken on the entire emulator or just this server?

Like many AAs on Emu Advanced Pet Discipline (the AA that controls /pet focus and /pet no cast) is not full functional (either the AA isn't or the commands given by it aren't). regular Pet Discipline however works fine (/pet hold)

Contrary to popular belief not ALL of the Titanium AAs are completed yet. They still need work. That's why the "LOLOL yay SoD new AAs lol yay! people are gonna be rather disappointed when they switch up clients.

Blood of the Akkadian
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 05:55:57 pm »

maybe this is something Secrets is already looking at, if its Emu wide that is

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members