Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:03:11 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Pets/Weapons  (Read 14539 times)
Necosi

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2010, 11:32:07 am »

I never played a pet class (much) in Live, so I'm not all that familiar with them, but there was some discussion in EZ /ooc the other day about giving epics to pets.  The discussion was based around Mage/Necro pets, but the general consensus was that they would work for all pets.

I'm working RoA with my Bst (he's currently 52) so I got some epics from SFG, zoned into Dulak, and equipped them.  I've tried Rogue/SK (traded in for 1H) plus Monk, Berserker (again, handed in for 1H version)/Ranger) plus Monk, etc, but none of them really seem to be working.  For one thing, his HPs aren't increasing when I hand him the weapons, but they *do* when I hand him the Monk epic.  Additionally, he's hitting for exactly the same with weapons equipped as he does without them.

Are Beastlord pets exempt from being able to equip weapons because they're animals?

Siccwilly Darkmind - Barbarian Berserker
Snaekize - Iksar Beastlord
Dhuka Vhurl - Dwarf Paladin
Costa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 12:22:43 pm »

Your BST is level 52 but what level is the warder? If the warder is under level 50, the weapons won't proc.

I spent part of a day messing around with a BST and got him to level 30something. Since the only epic I could see that didn't have a level 50 level req for effect was the SK 2 hander, I tried it out and it procced right away.

(One thing I did notice was that it didn't really proc as much as I thought it might. As I levelled a bit more and acquired the pet proc buff, it actually started proccing more often.)

Necosi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 12:31:02 pm »

He would have been 48, or so, I think.  It's not the procs I'm talking about, but the actual melee damage (I have the messages shortened and forgot to undo that to see what the damage type was listing as).  I put a 55 damage weapon in its hand but it would only do 48 damage (or whatever it was), which is the same amount it was doing with no weapons.

Necosi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 06:16:38 am »

Tested again last night.  The damage type *is* changing from bite to slash, but the damage amount is *not* increasing.  Nor does the delay seem to decrease.

I might have to roll a mage to test and compare...

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 07:23:29 am »

ohhh. equipping epic?
didnt know you could do that. Damn Summoned weapons dont even works for mages when giving to pets.. pets do not want them lol... Ill try the epic thing tonight!

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 08:27:11 am »

Yes you can !

Just proc will work if the pet have enought level.

Also you can give him an epic 2h and once you click give buttom give your pet a 1h epic, your pet will fight with both of them. I was giving SK 2H with war 1H thta proc DD.

If i remember well on live, giving weapon to pet was just allowing to dualwield  and did change anything else.

A pet that can dualwield won't dualwield until he got one weapon. (correct me if i am wrong)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 08:30:05 am by xoltrek » Logged
Necosi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 02:13:37 pm »

Damn Summoned weapons dont even works for mages when giving to pets.. pets do not want them lol... Ill try the epic thing tonight!

From what I understand, you can't do it in SFG/Nexus.  So if thats where you were trying to equip them, then you'll get the same returned message with epics.

So it doesn't matter, then, which weapons I give to my pet?  It's not going to modify the damage any, just allow them to 'dual weild'?

xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 06:51:20 am »

I try to summon epic mage and i try to give it to pet.
Pet don't accept it (i try in PoT & BoT).

So it doesn't matter, then, which weapons I give to my pet?  It's not going to modify the damage any, just allow them to 'dual weild'?

Not sure that do nothing, maybe stat on weapon affect it but not dmg and delay.
I say that about stat because once you get CG you can summon the Fireblade V2 to your pet, and he get HP bonus (but only from one weapon).
I don't really know how this summon like work. I mean is it just a summon a fireblade graphic weapon on pet and give a buff in same time (that will explain why only one weapon modify pet hp). Or does it really give a weapon with stat, and stat affecting the HP ?

once i will get time to log in i will try to summon a low level pet (68) and i will give it a weapon with like 300HP if nothing change i will cast cleric buff with 300 HP to see if hp bar moving. So if with cleric buff the HP bar move and don't move with weapon, that will mean that weapon are only for dual weild.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:58:09 am by xoltrek » Logged
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 07:20:38 am »

I tried equipping my pet with epics... it didnt want any... I tried with the 68 fire pet and epic pet...

Not sure if its a bug or... maybe I was in nexus. I remember that summonned weapons did niot work on my pets regardless where i was... he simply didnt want to take them

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 06:23:19 am »

Giving weapons to pets does NOT work in surefall, not sure about nexus but i think its the same.

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 06:24:53 pm »

Well I was able to equip ranger epic and warrior epic to the 68 fire pet (mage).  I did it in Potime.

Though If a port back in nexus, weapons disappears.  But in time he did have them attacks much faster since dual weild works it seems

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 09:43:23 am »

Pets will not accept anything in The Nexus or Surefall Glade.

Too many times people meant to turn in quest items to the quest NPC but accidentally handed them to their pets, so now the pets simply will not accept anything offered to them in either of those zones.  In any other zone they should accept anything you wish to give them, including epic weaps.
Saerdin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 11:52:28 am »

In this, pets dmg will not change with weapons.  In live their dmg max would be double the weapons displayed damage, not to include dmg bonus.  They would also allow them to hit for a higher avg dmg.  This is not so in this, the only effect you get from giving them weapons in this is the proc.  I would recommend Fiery Defender as it has a 100dmg nuke and 500pt group heal and is fairly imbalanced for a pet weapon.  Just remember they lose all equip/buffs when you zone and wont accept them in nexus or surefall glade.  On a side note, armor still works on pets for both ac and stats/hps.
Also, your pet will not proc its self proc or weapon proc if it doesnt have los; this even applies if he is in melee range but inside a wall or around a corner.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 03:25:15 pm »

The numeric weapon damage does not matter. However all the other stats on the weapon do matter and raise your connect rate, multi connect rate and over all dps. Take for instance I gave my pet a rusty shortsword. Hid dps was around 5300 to 5400. this is pure melee dps, I did not count proc dps in any of these parses. This is incidentally the same melee dps my pet does with no weapons at all. So you are correct on numeric damage having no effect on pet weapons.  I give him paladin epic and it goes up about 1k dps. Remember this is without magical effects. The difference is in the the strength and other modifiers on the sword. With the paladin epic the pet gets more doubles, triples, quads, crits etc. Incidentally you are also correct about them not keeping epics when zoning, however they do keep the fire blades and buffs. And no they are not just keeping the icon, they are keeping the effect too. It may take an aa or two, but they do have the capability of keeping buffs and summoned weapons. As for los procing, I have never encountered a situation where los did anything to my pet.

Abattoir

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 09:14:29 am »

The LoS complications mentioned earlier are correct for all pets that I've used.  For example, going through tunnels in PoD causes my necro's pet to run under the ground at times, and his 25k proc won't fire.  Same situation happened with walls and corners in BoT. 

I imagine classes that do little more than '/pet attack' are the ones that see this issue arise more often than hybrids.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)