Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:47:40 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Ugh. More lockdown WTF!?  (Read 6316 times)
OssoEnnio

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2020, 02:12:27 am »

Rants and Flames
No rules in here. Complain about anything!
OK

Here I am in California, and today Gov Nuisance made a mask rule for the whole state! WTF man!?
We're supposed to be coming out of this Chinese virus crap, and the gov makes a u-turn to go back to Dumbfuckville.
I wish he'd get covid and go into a coma or something.
Fantasmist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 05:01:23 pm »

How unfortunate that you're inconvenienced and forced to wear a mask... to help prevent the spread of disease, a disease which has more confirmed cases of infection in the US than any other nation by nearly double.
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 12:16:39 am »

A disease that we are also going to be dealing with for quite awhile.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 10:29:01 am »

Think what he is saying is he is tired of his freedoms being on the chopping block....America has faced many diseases in the past without this kind of restriction on freedom.  Considering the death rate of this disease is less than the flu I have to agree.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 10:30:41 am »

How unfortunate that you're inconvenienced and forced to wear a mask... to help prevent the spread of disease, a disease which has more confirmed cases of infection in the US than any other nation by nearly double.

America has a larger population than any other country because it is HUGE.  If you break it down by land mass how would it look then?

Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 12:31:07 pm »

America has a larger population than any other country because it is HUGE.  If you break it down by land mass how would it look then?

Hmm.. I think you will find China and india have a MUCH bigger population --- Americans aren't the biggest at everything hehe, jus sayin  Grin

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2020, 04:42:40 pm »

Yeah, Chieftan, China has a larger country than the US the population is 1.42 billion versus 329 million in US but China is a MUCH older country....I am speaking more to the size of most "standard" countries...not so much Russia or China...but I still believe my original concept has it's merits.

Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 09:38:13 pm »

America has a larger population than any other country because it is HUGE.  If you break it down by land mass how would it look then?

Hmm.. I think you will find China and india have a MUCH bigger population --- Americans aren't the biggest at everything hehe, jus sayin  Grin

And you believe in China?
Fantasmist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 01:33:45 pm »

I imagine this is what you were referring to as your "original concept" because clearly America doesn't even come close to the population of China.

Think what he is saying is he is tired of his freedoms being on the chopping block....America has faced many diseases in the past without this kind of restriction on freedom.  Considering the death rate of this disease is less than the flu I have to agree.

I disagree with the premise that this is a "restriction on freedom."
I guess it can FEEL like a restriction on freedom, but why is this any different than making it illegal to be naked in public?  Was that a freedom that was stripped away too? Why are some section of Americans so opposed to the idea of wearing a mask?  The guidelines were put into place before a mandate was issued, clearly that didn't work.

Also, even "if the death rate of this disease is less than the flu," why are we ok with doubling or increasing the rate of preventable deaths in the world? 

Shouldn't we ask ourselves, why is it that our society can't handle 2 weeks quarantine to stop or at least massively stem a disease? We could have prevented several thousands of deaths if we simply had 2 weeks of quarantine, or more targeted interventions. 

I understand the frustration with these social distancing and masking guidelines. 

Why is it that 2 weeks causes such havoc economically for people? We should have expected and planned to have some support systems in place for these kinds of situations.  This possible scenario was foreseen, the contingency plans just weren't planned or executed for containment.
Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 03:06:25 pm »

I guess it can FEEL like a restriction on freedom, but why is this any different than making it illegal to be naked in public?  Was that a freedom that was stripped away too? Why are some section of Americans so opposed to the idea of wearing a mask?  The guidelines were put into place before a mandate was issued, clearly that didn't work.

Also, even "if the death rate of this disease is less than the flu," why are we ok with doubling or increasing the rate of preventable deaths in the world? 

Shouldn't we ask ourselves, why is it that our society can't handle 2 weeks quarantine to stop or at least massively stem a disease? We could have prevented several thousands of deaths if we simply had 2 weeks of quarantine, or more targeted interventions. 

I understand the frustration with these social distancing and masking guidelines. 

Why is it that 2 weeks causes such havoc economically for people? We should have expected and planned to have some support systems in place for these kinds of situations.  This possible scenario was foreseen, the contingency plans just weren't planned or executed for containment.

How was it not a restriction on freedom? There were states where you couldn't even go to your backyard to plant seeds or play with your kids. Then there crazy ass fines where if you're out you get fined 1000 bucks. This is straight Communist China bullshit. The only thing the U.S. government was short of doing was welding people's door shut.

With all other diseases that has happened and hit the U.S. like H1N1, AIDS, Ebola, etc there were none of these stupid restrictions were put in place. No one ever stopped fucking when AIDS came out.

Then there were these "experts" that came up with these models saying how we're going to have millions of deaths. They were wrong and kept talking crazy shit using scare tactics.

It wasn't 2 weeks quarantine. It was basically 3 months. As for the contingency plans and execution we can blame every administration from the Clinton's on up for never replenishing any supplies and getting crap made in China.

Then with all the new riots and looting going on, you don't need to mask or social distance but heaven forbid going to the gym or a restaurant without a mask on because you're going to end up killing everyone.

America is all about personal choice, only the commies mandate these ridiculous demands.
Fantasmist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2020, 06:20:08 pm »

How was it not a restriction on freedom? There were states where you couldn't even go to your backyard to plant seeds or play with your kids. Then there crazy ass fines where if you're out you get fined 1000 bucks. This is straight Communist China bullshit. The only thing the U.S. government was short of doing was welding people's door shut.

Sorry I must have been living under a rock, where is it that you would get fined 1000 bucks for going into your backyard or playing with your kids?
Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2020, 11:33:05 pm »

Sorry I must have been living under a rock, where is it that you would get fined 1000 bucks for going into your backyard or playing with your kids?

Los Angeles county to be exact because we have the dumbest mayor ever.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2020, 02:21:09 pm »

How about churchs that were fined for having services.  People were in there CARS in a PARKING LOT not even in the church (which is still a violation of your freedom of religion and freedom to assemble). So yeah they balled up the constitution and threw it out of the window on this thing.

Zentail

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2020, 07:31:25 pm »

Okay the disinformation in this thread is stupid.

1. COVID has a higher death rate than the flu. This isn't even something to debate about. Fact is that it's higher. Someone disagreeing doesn't reserve the right to "disagree", it makes them wrong. Even if it was less than the flu, minimizing death is still important to the ultimate survival of the human race, otherwise we'd let murder be okay.

2. China and India have larger populations than the US. Stop comparing the age of the country to anything. The age of the country literally doesn't change a single thing about anything EXCEPT the age of the country (go figure). Trying to argue the age of the country makes you look dumb. Don't bring up irrelevant points to support your argument. Not to mention if you're trying to consider "standard" country size, the US far exceeds "standard". We are considered MASSIVE. Just not as massive as China or India.

3. No one was fined in their backyard for being outside. A mother was fined for having a large mother's day party in her backyard where she invited a bunch of people and they all showed up. That's a blatant disregard for rules and it totally reasonable that she got fined for it.

4. @Raygan, Freedom of religion (along with many other freedoms) only applies IF it's not a danger to society. We don't have absolute freedom in the US and we never will as that's just stupid. Absolute freedom would also allow, like point #1, murder to be okay. It should also be noted that the tickets issued to people in their cars is slightly blown out of proportions. Officers asked people to leave. If you didn't, THEN you got a ticket. That's reasonable for 2 reasons: 1) A warning didn't have to be issued. Ignoring a cop's warning, even if they're wrong, is just stupid. Leave and if the cop was in the wrong, hire a lawyer to deal with it. Any other option is stupid and cannot be argued otherwise. Dealing with legal activity through illegal means is never a way to accomplish something (outside of absurdly extreme measures like war). 2) People are not to be trusted. A gathering of people in their cars doesn't mean no one will get out of their cars and that's where danger can kick in. My city banned the drive-in worshiping because people kept getting out of their vehicles when police weren't around to talk to each other. Ironic watching religious people be anti-law and against integrity. I say this as an incredibly religious person (more than most). This argument of yours pisses me off the most because absolutely no one who claims anything about the constitution has actually read it (at least recently). There's a reason there's not lawsuits about this crap. It's because everything thinks the constitution lays out everything and it does not. On top of that, 99% of the constitution has contingencies to be valid.

5. This isn't communist China bull crap. Not even the same playing field even sort of. Even suggesting this means you either have no idea what communist means (very likely), you have no idea what it's like in China (very likely), or both (most probable). We're not like China. We're not like communism. Not even close to either. This argument is literally the same trying to say your pencil lead tip broke off so now that pencil is a horse. They're that far apart.

6. Other diseases like Ebola, H1N1, etc. are so insignificant compared to COVID that it would be up-playing it to say it's a "fraction" of the severity. In comparison, those diseases practically don't exist. The death rate of COVID may actually pass ANY DISEASE IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND if we don't do something about it. We're almost at 10 MILLION so far and it's only been 6 months (we could be dealing with an increasingly quicker death rate for at least another year). For a frame of reference, the deadliest disease in history is Black Death at 75 million deaths, then Spanish Flu at 50 million deaths. Then AIDS at 32 million. For a better frame of reference to AIDS, we're at about 1/3 the AIDS death count at only 0.7% (less than 1%) of the time it's been around. The best part about the arrogant comment from Mersedez about "Then there were these "experts" that came up with these models saying how we're going to have millions of deaths. They were wrong and kept talking crazy shit using scare tactics." is that THERE ARE MILLIONS OF DEATHS.

7. Supply chain. Mersedez said "It wasn't 2 weeks quarantine. It was basically 3 months. As for the contingency plans and execution we can blame every administration from the Clinton's on up for never replenishing any supplies and getting crap made in China." Except this ignoring the fact that every administration actually replenished supplied regularly until Trump came along and destroyed that supply. There's a single administration to blame for how this has all been handled. Look at countries around the world. No one experienced an economy decline like we did and no one experienced a job loss rate like we did. You know why? Because many other countries (not all, some handled it worse than us) handled this properly by putting people first, not corporations. When you look at the economy destruction around the country, it's ONLY in countries that tried to save the economy by injecting cash to their businesses instead of giving people money, covering business costs so they can shut down, then letting the economy replenish itself with the money that was given to people. Simple economics that people learn in their MBA programs for finance. It's clear our "economy experts" in the white house don't have a good education (which is obvious to many already anyway--Trump, after all, has bankrupted 6 business and ruined several others until he was kicked off their boards).

8. America is NOT about choice. America is about freedom and protection. We have every single freedom and protection that we had before things shut down. Someone being inconvenienced is NOT the same as losing freedom. You can't compare the two like they're the same. What you find inconvenient I find convenient. What you're saying is "removing freedom" is what I would say is why we have freedom in the first place. You know how you lose freedom? Continue being stupid beyond belief and eventually the government has to start forcing behaviors because the people are nothing but bad on their own. Getting pissed off over losing freedom when none has been lost is exactly how a country becomes communist.
Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2020, 12:53:43 pm »

Okay the disinformation in this thread is stupid.

1. COVID has a higher death rate than the flu. This isn't even something to debate about. Fact is that it's higher. Someone disagreeing doesn't reserve the right to "disagree", it makes them wrong. Even if it was less than the flu, minimizing death is still important to the ultimate survival of the human race, otherwise we'd let murder be okay.

2. China and India have larger populations than the US. Stop comparing the age of the country to anything. The age of the country literally doesn't change a single thing about anything EXCEPT the age of the country (go figure). Trying to argue the age of the country makes you look dumb. Don't bring up irrelevant points to support your argument. Not to mention if you're trying to consider "standard" country size, the US far exceeds "standard". We are considered MASSIVE. Just not as massive as China or India.

3. No one was fined in their backyard for being outside. A mother was fined for having a large mother's day party in her backyard where she invited a bunch of people and they all showed up. That's a blatant disregard for rules and it totally reasonable that she got fined for it.

4. @Raygan, Freedom of religion (along with many other freedoms) only applies IF it's not a danger to society. We don't have absolute freedom in the US and we never will as that's just stupid. Absolute freedom would also allow, like point #1, murder to be okay. It should also be noted that the tickets issued to people in their cars is slightly blown out of proportions. Officers asked people to leave. If you didn't, THEN you got a ticket. That's reasonable for 2 reasons: 1) A warning didn't have to be issued. Ignoring a cop's warning, even if they're wrong, is just stupid. Leave and if the cop was in the wrong, hire a lawyer to deal with it. Any other option is stupid and cannot be argued otherwise. Dealing with legal activity through illegal means is never a way to accomplish something (outside of absurdly extreme measures like war). 2) People are not to be trusted. A gathering of people in their cars doesn't mean no one will get out of their cars and that's where danger can kick in. My city banned the drive-in worshiping because people kept getting out of their vehicles when police weren't around to talk to each other. Ironic watching religious people be anti-law and against integrity. I say this as an incredibly religious person (more than most). This argument of yours pisses me off the most because absolutely no one who claims anything about the constitution has actually read it (at least recently). There's a reason there's not lawsuits about this crap. It's because everything thinks the constitution lays out everything and it does not. On top of that, 99% of the constitution has contingencies to be valid.

5. This isn't communist China bull crap. Not even the same playing field even sort of. Even suggesting this means you either have no idea what communist means (very likely), you have no idea what it's like in China (very likely), or both (most probable). We're not like China. We're not like communism. Not even close to either. This argument is literally the same trying to say your pencil lead tip broke off so now that pencil is a horse. They're that far apart.

6. Other diseases like Ebola, H1N1, etc. are so insignificant compared to COVID that it would be up-playing it to say it's a "fraction" of the severity. In comparison, those diseases practically don't exist. The death rate of COVID may actually pass ANY DISEASE IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND if we don't do something about it. We're almost at 10 MILLION so far and it's only been 6 months (we could be dealing with an increasingly quicker death rate for at least another year). For a frame of reference, the deadliest disease in history is Black Death at 75 million deaths, then Spanish Flu at 50 million deaths. Then AIDS at 32 million. For a better frame of reference to AIDS, we're at about 1/3 the AIDS death count at only 0.7% (less than 1%) of the time it's been around. The best part about the arrogant comment from Mersedez about "Then there were these "experts" that came up with these models saying how we're going to have millions of deaths. They were wrong and kept talking crazy shit using scare tactics." is that THERE ARE MILLIONS OF DEATHS.

7. Supply chain. Mersedez said "It wasn't 2 weeks quarantine. It was basically 3 months. As for the contingency plans and execution we can blame every administration from the Clinton's on up for never replenishing any supplies and getting crap made in China." Except this ignoring the fact that every administration actually replenished supplied regularly until Trump came along and destroyed that supply. There's a single administration to blame for how this has all been handled. Look at countries around the world. No one experienced an economy decline like we did and no one experienced a job loss rate like we did. You know why? Because many other countries (not all, some handled it worse than us) handled this properly by putting people first, not corporations. When you look at the economy destruction around the country, it's ONLY in countries that tried to save the economy by injecting cash to their businesses instead of giving people money, covering business costs so they can shut down, then letting the economy replenish itself with the money that was given to people. Simple economics that people learn in their MBA programs for finance. It's clear our "economy experts" in the white house don't have a good education (which is obvious to many already anyway--Trump, after all, has bankrupted 6 business and ruined several others until he was kicked off their boards).

8. America is NOT about choice. America is about freedom and protection. We have every single freedom and protection that we had before things shut down. Someone being inconvenienced is NOT the same as losing freedom. You can't compare the two like they're the same. What you find inconvenient I find convenient. What you're saying is "removing freedom" is what I would say is why we have freedom in the first place. You know how you lose freedom? Continue being stupid beyond belief and eventually the government has to start forcing behaviors because the people are nothing but bad on their own. Getting pissed off over losing freedom when none has been lost is exactly how a country becomes communist.

Are you just posting bullshit?

About the not replenishing stock to PPE gear
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/03/fact-check-did-obama-administration-deplete-n-95-mask-stockpile/5114319002/

Can you point out how Trump destroyed the supply? Or are you just a far left liberal dipshit? I've always been an independent, I will always choose the leader I think is best for this country. And yeah Trump is better than Hillary, a person I despise for the way she treated military and Secret Service when she was first lady and how Benghazi was handled.

I spent time in the Marines and we were taught to protect the constitution not a leader. If you can point to me specifically in the constitution where having a mother's day party during a pandemic is against the law then I'd be happy to state I was wrong.

Were these experts right? With all the riots and looting going on where's all the covid deaths? I didn't see any protestors, riotors, looters social distancing. Or does the covid disease is so smart it only goes after the mom's throwing parties, or the surfer that was the only one out at the beach, or the hair stylist that decided to open her shop so she can provide for her family? For me I believe in my 3 cousin's that are doctors where they say yes it's a contagious disease but it kills mainly people with poor health to begin with and the elderly. Then also the hospitals also get that awesome 3500-5000 from the federal government if they list a person has the virus, since any covid type symptoms they didn't have to pay for.

Let's see about China. First I am a Taiwanese American with parents that escaped out of China to Taiwan then to the U.S. And I just spent 10 years working in Shanghai, China. I moved back to the states Dec 15, 2019, 1 week prior they leaked the virus came out. I can also read Chinese and speak Mandarin fluently, can you? So I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. Here's a post from 4 years ago on this forum where I say I'm in China http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=5264.msg67974#msg67974

I can agree with you that America is all about Freedom. And with all that freedom you get choice. Protection as in 2nd Amendment, then I'd agree with you. If you'd want to go in depth of constitution law, I'd be happy to talk ^_^
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 01:10:50 pm by Mersedez » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053