Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:07:48 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fresh 70 - what to do now?  (Read 10355 times)
mikepic

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2010, 05:30:40 pm »

Hi, I just hit 70 on my SK (2nd time through) and I'm kinda lost as to what do I do now.

I've been in PoT soloing single pulls but that doesn't seem to efficient.  Should I try to get a group for something?  I kinda like I don't bring enough to the table to run a Qvic. 

I do have a decent pocket of cash sitting around.  Should I offer up 100k or something for someone to help me get my 1.5 weapon?

Any guidance would be appreciated.  I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this game!
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 05:36:50 pm »

You have along way to go before Qvic,

Get a group get your 1.5 and then start doin LDON.. get your 2.0s

give me tell in game Ill run your pages for 1.5 for ya.. for fun..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 06:33:35 pm »

If he is not on send Warriorstack a message.  i will help with up to 3.0.

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 06:47:38 pm »

Start working on the FG quest.  You'll need it to get 2.5 and it will boost your melee and defense skills.
mikepic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 10:40:48 pm »

Just want to give a huge thanks to Fugitive again!  He walked me through all of my 1.5 and let me take 15 mins looting all the goodies.  ;-)

I've been in lodn getting lost but having fun. 

It goes to show you that this element of mystery is missing from most modern games.  Queue up for a random instance with 4 strangers, clear in 20 mins, and go about your business.  lodn felt limitless!  I'm really having a lot of fun!

Thanks again Fugitive - you rock buddy!

Blacula
1.5 SK!
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 10:49:59 pm »

Start working on the FG quest.  You'll need it to get 2.5 and it will boost your melee and defense skills.

Totally agree with this.
Make sure you page through the epics and beginners guides here.

Hit me up in game, we will see what we can do about that crappy 1.5  Grin

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 08:08:22 am »

just my opinion..

if you are on this server for a different EQ experience don't let anyone run you through your epics or through the custom zones

i enjoyed grouping in bot and dulak... killing the bosses for the first time solo with 5% health left

when i started i went through each custom zone and got the custom gear.. it was a lot of fun
i did all of the level quests and got the platinum bags and free level rewards
not many people do this any more
Dulak>BoT>PoTime>LDoN>FG/CG>qvic>tacvi/anguish>T1-T2>HoH>T3-T4
there is a lot of content there.. sprinkle in some RoA or charm farming when you feel like it

don't be in a rush to get to the end game
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 08:27:21 am »

I am with you on taking your time.  It took me a week of on and off playing to get to 70 the first time with my mage.  I would no leave a zone until I got the entire set of gear there and finished the quests lol.

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
mikepic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 09:49:01 am »

Kaizen, I completely see what you're saying.  I've been playing this toon for a couple of weeks - went through each zone the first time through and did the quests and got the armor.  I farmed Fear for gems and gear and hit 70 in there.

I then immediately de-leveled back to 1 for my ring (mostly b/c I thought I could level it with XP) and now I just got back to 70 with my 1.5. 

I think I'm going to work on either my FG or CG quests and try to learn the LDoNs.  So far I've been able to solo the first floor with ease.  Do I just hand that stone into the guy in the beginning to get to the 2nd floor?

About FG/CG: I saw what the rewards are but didn't see anything about if a SK pet can get the benefits of the CG membership like normal pet classes (hail for buffbot and the weapon)?

Also, is there an interface to find group members or does everyone use /ooc?  Like I said I've been having success in LDoN 1st floor but I'd expect the lower levels are going to be more challenging.

Thanks again everyone, I feel like I'm learning SO much more every day!
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 10:09:53 am »

You hand the stone to the NPCs "Gatekeeper" which are at the end of each level. The NPC "Instance" at the beginning of the level is to go into one of two other instances of that level.

Once you become a member of either the FG/CG most pets (including SK's) will get the option to buff its master and equip the fireswords.

Bhanshei

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 10:14:55 am »

Make friends!!!  It doesn't matter the level, as having them I have found to be priceless!!!
revloc02

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 12:48:19 pm »

I think I'm going to work on either my FG or CG quests and try to learn the LDoNs.  So far I've been able to solo the first floor with ease.  Do I just hand that stone into the guy in the beginning to get to the 2nd floor?

About FG/CG: I saw what the rewards are but didn't see anything about if a SK pet can get the benefits of the CG membership like normal pet classes (hail for buffbot and the weapon)?

Also, is there an interface to find group members or does everyone use /ooc?  Like I said I've been having success in LDoN 1st floor but I'd expect the lower levels are going to be more challenging.
You could probably use a good guild. Whenever I have been in groups outside of guildies it just sorta happened. Kinda hard to plan on. So many people on the server box that there is not a lot of peeps looking for groups.

just my opinion..

if you are on this server for a different EQ experience don't let anyone run you through your epics or through the custom zones

i enjoyed grouping in bot and dulak... killing the bosses for the first time solo with 5% health left

when i started i went through each custom zone and got the custom gear.. it was a lot of fun
i did all of the level quests and got the platinum bags and free level rewards
not many people do this any more
Dulak>BoT>PoTime>LDoN>FG/CG>qvic>tacvi/anguish>T1-T2>HoH>T3-T4
there is a lot of content there.. sprinkle in some RoA or charm farming when you feel like it

don't be in a rush to get to the end game
I totally agree with this. The fun is in the journey not the destination.

Make friends!!!  It doesn't matter the level, as having them I have found to be priceless!!!
I sent you a PM check your inbox.
mikepic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 01:00:32 pm »

Replied   Wink
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 12:50:05 am »

LOL! Love the name Smiley Jefferson Twilight is my hero!

http://video.adultswim.com/the-venture-bros/jefferson-twilight.html

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
mikepic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 08:57:31 am »

LOL! Love the name Smiley Jefferson Twilight is my hero!

http://video.adultswim.com/the-venture-bros/jefferson-twilight.html

Funny thing is I saw a Euridite Necro in EQ with the name about 10 years ago and my roommate and I laughed with tears in our eyes for like 20 minutes. 

Since then I use the name for any class that has lifedrain abilities in current MMOs.

I think it originated from a movie in the 70s.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 256