Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:05:26 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: ToFS Suggestions  (Read 84783 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2012, 07:52:16 pm »

If I remember, the teleporter for T3/T4 airplane bosses is working correctly? You should be able, within an instance, hail the NPC and teleport to the island without leaving the instance?

I'll copy/paste that code for the teleporters in ToFS. If we can't use doors, then I'll make an NPC near the door/mirror that you can hail to properly teleport/move you and your group to the next area.

Now that I think about it, I could set edit BoThunder, and remove the floor teleporters, and instead set an invisible NPC there with a Proximity event of 30 range, that when a player gets close to this invisible npc, it auto moves the player to the proper spot within the same instances.

I'm assuming the only work around / fix for that right now is that players use the teleport pads in BoThunder, then when arriving at that XYZ location in public, have to re-enter the instances again in that spot?

Hope makes sense. We'll try to make sure that ToFS teleporters are working even in instances.

Honestly, I never did that zone on live, although I know Crystal Caverns (I think that is the name omg its been such a long time now). Its that zone that has entrace in that outhouse inside that fort in velious, omg whats south of Great Divide, western waste? Its huge tunnels that go deep underground, then there is a city, then tunnels with spiders and geo rock thingies in a tunnel going up to the zone out. I used to buff my druid with sow before going in, then nerd rage pvp that zone. Anyways, was a favorite zone but I don't think big enough for expansion.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2012, 08:16:11 pm »

I know Hate plans to do a lot of work this weekend for stuff.

I probably won't be able to do anything until Early Sunday Morning, since I got plans for Saturday.

I'm def excited about ToFS for all tiers and also creating a T7

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Iichigo

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2012, 09:00:31 pm »

Yes, air plane teleporter works properly inside a private instance
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2012, 10:52:01 pm »

I copied over frozenshadow_chr.s3d, frozenshadow_sndbnk.eff, frozenshadow_obj.s3d, frozenshadow_sounds.eff, frozenshadow_chr.txt, frozenshadow.s3d, and frozenshadow.xmi.

I have no idea which one fixed the problem though. I would guess maybe frozenshadow_obj.s3d since that is the file I got the error on when I first tried to zone in. But that is just a guess. It may take more than one of the files to fix it.

That worked for me.

I can zone into TOFS (on another server) using Steam's UF now.
Hurley

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2012, 07:18:29 am »

The zone was called Iceclad Ocean Hunter and it was inside the orc fort. I spent more time there then I care to remember. Small Coldain town at the bottom of it.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2012, 07:41:19 am »

All the mirrors, which are what port you to the next loc's, work in ToFS, they are keyed tho.

This means you could easily add a player.pl file to the quest folder and use doorID's to port groups over. You can also change the keyitem in the door DB to match the new key, so you don't have to use perl. The more you can handle in the DB, the smoother things will be and less chance to break.

If ya need any help rounding some this stuff up, let me know Hate, be happy to help.

edit:
 This is just a quick run down of the mirrors. Used as a player.pl. You still get the 'locked' spam(if not in GM mode) but it overrides and moves ya anyways, so would have to edit the DB and zero out the existing zone/loc's it moves you to and the key. From testing I guess you would still have to use perl for key check and to port group. I don't run a group or have instances on my test server, so that's above my pay grade. But I'd like to learn!

Code:
sub EVENT_CLICKDOOR {
if($doorid == 1) {  #mirror A
$client->MovePC(111,20,250,355,0);
}

if($doorid == 2 || $doorid == 166) { #mirror B
$client->MovePC(111,660,100,40,0);
}

if($doorid == 4 || $doorid == 167) { #mirror C
$client->MovePC(111,670,750,75,0);
}

if($doorid == 16 || $doorid == 165) { #mirror D
$client->MovePC(111,170,755,175,0);
}

if($doorid == 27 || $doorid == 169) { #mirror E
$client->MovePC(111,-150,160,217,0);
}

if($doorid == 34 || $doorid == 168) { #mirror F
$client->MovePC(111,-320,725,12,0);
}

if($doorid == 44) { #mirror G
$client->MovePC(111,-490,175,2,0);
}

if($doorid == 154) { #claw H
$client->MovePC(111,10,65,310,0);
}
}

#Second set of doorid's are for the room with all the mirrors

Here is a little script I found to let ya know doorids if ya interested in using them, just drop it in a player.pl then into whatever zone's quest folder. Then when ya click a door, it'll give ya the ID for that zone. Objects that are clickable are found in door's table too. So you can pop mobs,start events,port etc from clicking them. This gives those id's too.

Code:
sub EVENT_CLICKDOOR {
$door = ($doorid % 256);
$client->Message(13, "This is door number $door.");
}
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 11:56:02 am by Drezden » Logged
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2012, 10:10:51 am »

The zone was called Iceclad Ocean Hunter and it was inside the orc fort. I spent more time there then I care to remember. Small Coldain town at the bottom of it.

What? Iceclad Ocean was the zone that connected Oasis and Eastern Wastes. TOFS was in Iceclad though.

Crystal Caverns was indeed in Eastern Wastes, and had 2 exits there. One was in the orc fort as hunter remembered, the other was through a tower, though I think that was a one way exit from the Geonid side of the crystal caverns zone.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2012, 11:20:24 am »

o.0

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hurley

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2012, 12:40:04 pm »

Your memory is clearly better than mine, I forgot eastern wastes existed.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2012, 03:20:49 pm »

Inside the orc fort in Eastern Wastes was a small stone hut with a gate and a crystal.....the crystal zoned you into Crystal Caverns. There were a variety of mobs in there, including orcs, ghosts, testicle terrors, spiders, geonids and more....and yes, in the bottom of CC there was a Coldain (dwarven) outpost called Froststone, the original home of the Coldain. Many quests down there.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2012, 04:01:58 pm »

testicle terrors
Pukagiz

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2012, 06:42:30 pm »

don't know if you were being serious or that was a typo but i say

LMFAO +11111111!!!!!!one one one
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2013, 10:10:17 pm »

I started looking at frozenshadow today. Its a confusing zone. Not sure if all the keys are available, but that could easily be fixed with updated quest files downloaded, and making sure the item keys exist.

Not sure what style to do yet. Was thinking of making mobs all difficults from T1 - T9 with various loots and bosses. Not sure if this would prevent lower level players from advancing where they need to go.

What loot would we drop here? I could always make an earring rank quest item.

Would probably leash mobs like LDoN.

I've seem some good post already in this topic here about how they would set it up. But I get lost when roaming around the zone. I've used a few mirrors already that teleported me around.

Should we make the mobs a variety of levels? Or would that be too difficult for lower level players, and too easy for higher level players?

What about making it into a T8 custom zone? Since mobs are already spawned, would only need to edit their stats and add new loots.

Any ideas welcome, haven't decided yet how to use this zone.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
bunga

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2013, 10:55:00 pm »

Probably make the first few floors 1 or 2 tiers per floor then final floors 1 floor dedicated to all that tier, throw in a combination of v1 and v2 charms for all the floors, no leashing. Then some specialty quests for just that zone, perhaps an earring, special augment, or ammo slot item that can summon stronger arrows?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2013, 11:00:39 pm »

I don't even know which floor is which lol.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053