Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 11:36:15 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update 1/2/2015  (Read 30200 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2015, 05:39:16 pm »

Due to it being the Holidays and some lingering small issues that have crapped up some peoples play times, I'm enabling Double Loot for the night along with a patch fixing some issues.

I think expeditions are finally completely smoothed over, fixed some things in Abyss and Dranik should update without a hitch, but for crying wolf sakes, I will just say that they are extremely broke, that way your lowered expectations will make them seem not so bad.  Grin

Notable Changes:
  • Expedition lockouts are 22 hours instead of 24 hours
  • Abyss and Dranik now have soft lockouts of 2 hours once committed by killing the first boss in each
  • Folks having issues with tasks updating properly should no longer have those issues
  • Trevius: (RoF2) *Hopefully* Fixed looting incorrect items from NPCs.  Please report any issues!
  • Trevius: (RoF2) Now able to loot items past the 10th slot on NPC corpses.
  • Trevius: Attuned Items can now be auto-looted and will equip properly.
  • Trevius: (RoF2) Aug Type 21 no longer shows the "Buy Now" button in the aug slot of items.
  • Trevius: (RoF2) Identified the "Copied" item flag with the help of Uleat.

Enjoy

EZ Server GM
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 05:45:56 pm »

I have emailed you about the summoners bag quest being broken, I have to log for about 3-4 hours but I will be back on later.
Darinow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 05:47:50 pm »

Fffuuuuuuuu doubles going back in while im at work?!  Shit if id known that at 3pm i couldve called off >. <  time to go develop a severe illness

EDIT: told the chick im working with i have ebola and need to go home....she didnt buy it.  Working on a plan B
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 06:56:40 pm by Darinow » Logged
Kielohawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 05:53:51 pm »

Thanks!
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 05:55:17 pm »

I have emailed you about the summoners bag quest being broken, I have to log for about 3-4 hours but I will be back on later.

Should be part of the same issue

EZ Server GM
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 06:36:07 pm »

most generous sir, ty.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 01:50:32 pm »

Akka,

There is an odd lockup when zoneing. When you zone in and zone loads, you can move for like a second or two but no buff or group shows, then screen locks up for a second or two and then buffs, groups etc.. show and you are free to move. no big deal just fyi.

littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 01:57:11 pm »

Was removing the charm upgrades from named in the Mini dungeons done on purpose... I have noticed they are no longer dropping charm upgrades

Also, the main toon that is getting the missions is getting the quest removed before final hail and not receiving berries but gets the quest lockout timer
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:00:24 pm by littlelongbeard » Logged

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 01:59:26 pm »

Akka,

There is an odd lockup when zoneing. When you zone in and zone loads, you can move for like a second or two but no buff or group shows, then screen locks up for a second or two and then buffs, groups etc.. show and you are free to move. no big deal just fyi.

sounds more like a performance issue now that all trons actually pretty much load at the same time. might want to increase your page file or use a flash stick for added memory
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 03:04:40 pm »

Akka,

sounds more like a performance issue now that all trons actually pretty much load at the same time. might want to increase your page file or use a flash stick for added memory
could be, this is on my laptop with i7 sandy  8gb memory and an nvidia gtx460m only 1 toon loaded. page file is also 8gb, using SSD and it does it on other PC thats more powerful. It just started with server code updates so fairly sure its not my PC but anything is possible. and iirc UF does not do this, or did not as of a few days ago.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:07:00 pm by Warbash » Logged

Drep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 03:38:55 pm »

Does this issue happen to pertain to the task not updating?  Me and a buddy tried it twice for his mage.  We get the unfinished bag but cant move on to the next step.  He has the unfinished bag but the quest still thinks he needs the parts.  We still get the parts as well again and again even though we should be past this.

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 06:12:03 pm »

Akka,

could be, this is on my laptop with i7 sandy  8gb memory and an nvidia gtx460m only 1 toon loaded. page file is also 8gb, using SSD and it does it on other PC thats more powerful. It just started with server code updates so fairly sure its not my PC but anything is possible. and iirc UF does not do this, or did not as of a few days ago.

This actually has to do with the RoF client, it loads a lot of resources on demand so what happens when you zone is that you are seeing a freeze where it is loading race models into the client on demand via memory so it locks up for a quick second. This is purely a client thing which is not really an issue even though it is slightly bothersome in the beginning.

You notice this because you zone so much more faster on EQEmu than you would on EQ Live servers that your toon enters often times before NPC's. Otherwise before your toon is given the 'Ready state', it is sent all the NPC and door positions before it is given the zone to drop into which allows it time to load resources. In this case, you're zoning so fast its happening backwards and then the client loads everything just after zoning.

Hopefully that makes some sense.

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 06:12:26 pm »

Does this issue happen to pertain to the task not updating?  Me and a buddy tried it twice for his mage.  We get the unfinished bag but cant move on to the next step.  He has the unfinished bag but the quest still thinks he needs the parts.  We still get the parts as well again and again even though we should be past this.

Yes, I sure hope its been updating today.

EZ Server GM
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 08:18:25 pm »

Thank you for the response, makes perfect sense:)

greatshadow

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 02:57:19 pm »

Tried to do mini dranik today. hailed miner accepted. None of my raid members get auto prompt zone into the expedition and no quest given to any toons in my raid.  Tried to #e destroy to get it to prompt and still does not give task or enter instance.  I am still using rof client.  thanks. I once again tried this a couple hours later did a /# destroy and got the quest from nexus miner instead of stone hive and it worked.  dont know if others having issues with stonehive miner. 
Thanks

Xeky
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 08:56:35 pm by greatshadow » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats