Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 01:52:30 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update 1/2/2015  (Read 30201 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 12:58:23 am »

Tried to do mini dranik today. hailed miner accepted. None of my raid members get auto prompt zone into the expedition and no quest given to any toons in my raid.  Tried to #e destroy to get it to prompt and still does not give task or enter instance.  I am still using rof client.  thanks. I once again tried this a couple hours later did a /# destroy and got the quest from nexus miner instead of stone hive and it worked.  dont know if others having issues with stonehive miner. 
Thanks

Xeky

Fixed issues regarding expeditions and Abyss tonight, we should be good.

Let me know if anyone runs into anything else.

EZ Server GM
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 09:35:41 am »

This actually has to do with the RoF client, it loads a lot of resources on demand so what happens when you zone is that you are seeing a freeze where it is loading race models into the client on demand via memory so it locks up for a quick second. This is purely a client thing which is not really an issue even though it is slightly bothersome in the beginning.

You notice this because you zone so much more faster on EQEmu than you would on EQ Live servers that your toon enters often times before NPC's. Otherwise before your toon is given the 'Ready state', it is sent all the NPC and door positions before it is given the zone to drop into which allows it time to load resources. In this case, you're zoning so fast its happening backwards and then the client loads everything just after zoning.

Hopefully that makes some sense.

While the load on demand could definitely be the cause of the lag spikes on RoF2, I am not 100% convinced that is the issue yet.  I hadn't experienced these lag spikes on my GM char previously, but I loaded a level 1 char and saw the spikes yesterday.  Kayen had mentioned that they come in as the no mercenary messages come in.  So, it may be some kind of lockup related to the merc packets that are getting sent.  I am not sure offhand if EZ gets these messages since Mercs are not enabled there, but I don't think there is anything preventing them, so you may get those messages.

Once most of the RoF2 remaining issues are resolved, I will look into this lag spike issue further to see if it can be resolved as well.  It will be easy to prevent the messages from coming in on servers that don't use Mercs (if you guys even get those messages).  Also, I need to look into why the message is coming in twice, and probably need to prevent it from coming in at all.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 11:17:28 am »

Trevius, your help and presence is always appreciated.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 11:47:50 am »

Trev, I just jumped onto stormhaven for S&G's and played a bit. What I noticed was the clients would tend to lock up for 5-10 seconds when switching to make them the primary screen after a long period of being in the background. I don't know if it helps or not but maybe there is something w/the background FPS and memory or something? I dunno.

Keeze
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 01:57:42 pm »

This actually has to do with the RoF client, it loads a lot of resources on demand so what happens when you zone is that you are seeing a freeze where it is loading race models into the client on demand via memory so it locks up for a quick second. This is purely a client thing which is not really an issue even though it is slightly bothersome in the beginning.

You notice this because you zone so much more faster on EQEmu than you would on EQ Live servers that your toon enters often times before NPC's. Otherwise before your toon is given the 'Ready state', it is sent all the NPC and door positions before it is given the zone to drop into which allows it time to load resources. In this case, you're zoning so fast its happening backwards and then the client loads everything just after zoning.

Hopefully that makes some sense.

While the load on demand could definitely be the cause of the lag spikes on RoF2, I am not 100% convinced that is the issue yet.  I hadn't experienced these lag spikes on my GM char previously, but I loaded a level 1 char and saw the spikes yesterday.  Kayen had mentioned that they come in as the no mercenary messages come in.  So, it may be some kind of lockup related to the merc packets that are getting sent.  I am not sure offhand if EZ gets these messages since Mercs are not enabled there, but I don't think there is anything preventing them, so you may get those messages.

Once most of the RoF2 remaining issues are resolved, I will look into this lag spike issue further to see if it can be resolved as well.  It will be easy to prevent the messages from coming in on servers that don't use Mercs (if you guys even get those messages).  Also, I need to look into why the message is coming in twice, and probably need to prevent it from coming in at all.

Two separate issues Trevius. I know for a fact the client is locking up on on-demand resource loading and has for as long as I've used the RoF client, however I don't doubt that the client is hanging for other reasons as well when expecting a particular packet.

EZ Server GM
supra297

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 03:12:55 pm »

I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work Akkadius on the expeditions before going into the bug reporting  Grin.

I'm still having issues with raids getting the quest and porting in.

1. Inviting/Quest Invitation
I tried in both the Nexus and Stonehive this morning and just could not get the Miner to invite my whole raid or teleport in on first accepting the quest.
I tried reforming my raid several times and both #e leave and #e destroy. He would sometimes give only my main the quest, and other times my main toon and one other bot, but never more than two. I worked around it by manually inviting everyone (which I made a hot button for now), but only after I tried #e destroy, #e invite, and raid reforming and re-hailing the Miner. I noticed that after destroying or leaving the quest the first time, it did not show up on my main's quest log the second and subsequent times I tried to get the quest. After going through the motions to click OK and "receiving" it (without it showing in the quest log) on my main, my bots did get the quest in their log when I did #e invite for them. I had to switch expedition leaders and re-invite my main on a alt bot in order for it to show in my main's quest log.

2. Porting In
This is rather minor, but I just wanted to report it since I'm not sure if this is the new intended method of being ported in or not. After properly ensuring all members in raid were in the expedition, I hailed the Miner again on my main and this time it did show all 13 members before clicking OK to get ported in. The Miner however, only ported in my main and no one else. Of course the quick workaround I used is to just have my raid assist me and everyone /say interested in xxx + a dialog box OK macro button.

Not sure if anyone else is having the same problems as me, but I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 03:16:55 pm by supra297 » Logged
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2015, 09:14:42 am »

I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work Akkadius on the expeditions before going into the bug reporting  Grin.

I'm still having issues with raids getting the quest and porting in.

1. Inviting/Quest Invitation
I tried in both the Nexus and Stonehive this morning and just could not get the Miner to invite my whole raid or teleport in on first accepting the quest.
I tried reforming my raid several times and both #e leave and #e destroy. He would sometimes give only my main the quest, and other times my main toon and one other bot, but never more than two. I worked around it by manually inviting everyone (which I made a hot button for now), but only after I tried #e destroy, #e invite, and raid reforming and re-hailing the Miner. I noticed that after destroying or leaving the quest the first time, it did not show up on my main's quest log the second and subsequent times I tried to get the quest. After going through the motions to click OK and "receiving" it (without it showing in the quest log) on my main, my bots did get the quest in their log when I did #e invite for them. I had to switch expedition leaders and re-invite my main on a alt bot in order for it to show in my main's quest log.

2. Porting In
This is rather minor, but I just wanted to report it since I'm not sure if this is the new intended method of being ported in or not. After properly ensuring all members in raid were in the expedition, I hailed the Miner again on my main and this time it did show all 13 members before clicking OK to get ported in. The Miner however, only ported in my main and no one else. Of course the quick workaround I used is to just have my raid assist me and everyone /say interested in xxx + a dialog box OK macro button.

Not sure if anyone else is having the same problems as me, but I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it.

I'm going to need you to help me get a little more detail as to what your situation is so I can get to the root of your problem.

Sounds like most are not having a problem but I have heard some things about this occurring.

When this occurs are you in a group or a raid, I know you mentioned raid but I need to know for sure.

Another question is, was everyone in the same zone when you had issues porting in or with your invitation process.

Any specific details you can give me will help

EZ Server GM
greatshadow

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 03:34:02 pm »

Akk I am unable to currently get the mini dungeon tasks from instanced zones had to get it from public nexus.  This is what i did. Went to guild stone hive tried to get task it did nothing. So i #e destoy the exp. Tried it again same thing.  Went to guild nexus same thing.  Went to public nexus it worked.

Thanks xeky
Darinow

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2015, 03:50:32 pm »

Akk I am unable to currently get the mini dungeon tasks from instanced zones had to get it from public nexus.  This is what i did. Went to guild stone hive tried to get task it did nothing. So i #e destoy the exp. Tried it again same thing.  Went to guild nexus same thing.  Went to public nexus it worked.

Thanks xeky

Same thing happened to me today...did same steps, destroyed expo, left instance and worked like a charm in pub.  Remember our conversation the other night akka when i asked if this could be related to instances vs pub? =3
greatshadow

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2015, 04:21:36 pm »

Next issue that happened i finished dranik. Went to guild stone hive hailed miner. Then Bam all 18 toons disconnect and im talking the disconnect where i had to sit there and wait for my connection to drop . All happened after task was turned in.  Dc'd to the character select screen.
supra297

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 06:53:51 pm »

I'm going to need you to help me get a little more detail as to what your situation is so I can get to the root of your problem.

Sounds like most are not having a problem but I have heard some things about this occurring.

When this occurs are you in a group or a raid, I know you mentioned raid but I need to know for sure.

Another question is, was everyone in the same zone when you had issues porting in or with your invitation process.

Any specific details you can give me will help

Hey Akkadius, Yes all toons were in the same raid in the same zone standing right next to each other.

As Xeky has mentioned, I tested it more today and he is right. The issues with quest issue/receiving and porting in only occurs in user created instances of the Nexus and Stonehive. I recreated all the bugs today again and as soon as I moved to public, everything went smoothly. All toons got the quest immediately and were all ported into the expedition zones for both Dranik and Mini T5. I think maybe adding a dialog to the Miner to remind people to leave Stonehive/Nexus Instances rather than going in to mess with the code would be sufficient. Then again, it might be a really simple fix.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 07:19:24 pm by supra297 » Logged
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 06:53:29 am »

If it is an instance oriented issue, I'd rather just fix whatever the root of the issue may be.

Can a few others confirm like clockwork this is what is causing people grief is being inside of an instance?

EZ Server GM
Kardthe

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2015, 08:40:37 am »

If it is an instance oriented issue, I'd rather just fix whatever the root of the issue may be.

Can a few others confirm like clockwork this is what is causing people grief is being inside of an instance?

Yesterday I had that happen, where i was able to get the quest in public nexus after not being able to get it from instance.  Today, I can't get it in pub or instance, stonehive, or nexus.  I get the "The entry to your destination has been marked on your compass..." but no port, no quest on toon hailing or any other toon.  I am in raid currently....  

Disbanded raid and tried with a single group and got the same result.  

Edit:  This was for abyss T5 mini
Upon hailing a second time without destroying the instance, only the toon who hailed was ported in... then... when trying to #e invite the remaining group members and bring them in to instance, it says that my main toon (who got the expedition) is already in an expedition and won't let me port the rest in.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 08:48:06 am by Kardthe » Logged
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2015, 11:36:51 am »

for me the issue always happens when i'm in a raid, always. Ever since i started inviting my toons individually, i haven't had any issues regardless of being in pub or instances...actually i've never tried to grab the task in pub, its always been in an instance. ive also been doing the dailies every day since their release.
greatshadow

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 11:41:07 pm »

Akk getting mass Dc'd to character screen when hailing miner to finish mini dungeons. public stone hive

Thnx xeky.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053