Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 07:45:16 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update 1/2/2015  (Read 30190 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2015, 05:57:31 am »

Yesterday I had that happen, where i was able to get the quest in public nexus after not being able to get it from instance.  Today, I can't get it in pub or instance, stonehive, or nexus.  I get the "The entry to your destination has been marked on your compass..." but no port, no quest on toon hailing or any other toon.  I am in raid currently....  

Disbanded raid and tried with a single group and got the same result.  

Edit:  This was for abyss T5 mini
Upon hailing a second time without destroying the instance, only the toon who hailed was ported in... then... when trying to #e invite the remaining group members and bring them in to instance, it says that my main toon (who got the expedition) is already in an expedition and won't let me port the rest in.

Exact same thing happened to me. Was in nexus GI and tried to get expedition, said I got it and it marked the location on my map. Left the instance, and in public nexus it ported me in, but my group couldnt enter, and didnt show an expedition. Task window on box who got the expedition didnt show the task. Finished, cleared Abyss mini, and no completion, no reward.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2015, 05:58:26 am »

Oh, and it locked me out for the day anyway.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2015, 07:38:07 am »

Same thing happened when I tried to get the task in Stonehive, public. So....no berries for me today. Tongue

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2015, 09:13:22 pm »

MANY reporting being unable to complete either task. Either cant get in at all, or if they do killing every mob in the task doesnt complete the task.

Kardthe

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2015, 11:27:24 pm »

Yah...  i can do an expedition... if i #e invite each toon before i zone into it... but the main toon that starts it still isn't getting the quest no matter what i do.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2015, 12:36:39 am »

By the way....dont know if this helps or not, but I didnt have any issues at all til I tried getting an expedition in an instanced version of nexus.

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2015, 08:10:59 pm »

Haven't been feeling well so I haven't gotten to dealing with this again, if its bad enough I will disable them again until I can look at them

EZ Server GM
Darinow

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2015, 08:20:06 pm »

Have had ZERO issues with expeditions so long as i REQUEST the task in pub...usually nexus...but has worked in pub stonehive as well.  And so far turning in has shown no issues regardless of instance vs. Pub.  All requests have been made with 9 or 10 toons all in raid at time of request.  Have not had to use #e invite for anything as of yet
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2015, 05:07:50 am »

Requested pub nexus no issues.

Requested instanced stonehive no issues.

No idea what players are doing or script to have this fail

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Rotic

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2015, 09:28:39 am »

My warrior (which is also the raid/team leader) had the same problem earlier, i.e. did not get the quest, thus unable to complete it. While the rest of my toons will get the quest and able to complete it. This happens to the warrior for the past few days. FYI, my group is in pub instance.

I did this and it seems to fix the problem.

1) Had my warrior ungroup. Request the quest in the pub instance, it did not get the quest, and zone my warrior into the instance.

2) Use the "#e destroy"

3) zone back out to pub, group/raid my whole group in. Request the quest again from my warrior, this time...all my toons, include my warrior received the quest....and able to complete it later.

Give it a go, might work for you....assuming if you has problem.

Cheers.

--
Rotic
greatshadow

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2015, 11:15:35 am »

Still getting unsually high ping on some toons when zoning into new zones.  Only fixes by zoning again or camping out.

Thanks Xeky
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2015, 12:06:20 pm »

Why do I feel like I'm getting massively trolled

EZ Server GM
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2015, 01:03:10 pm »

I was getting it earlier today in T9, soon as I zoned back to stonehive it went away.

Keeze
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2015, 03:22:44 pm »

I was getting it earlier today in T9, soon as I zoned back to stonehive it went away.

I would think T9 would have its own latency incurring problems by the nature of the zone and how many updates are being sent for position updates and such.

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2015, 04:12:55 pm »

It is very much appearing like this is a raids issue and synchronization with the database.

Because when an expedition is requested, it is using the database entries of the raid to actually send the invites. If these are not in sync then that would be the problem.

If someone can reliably reproduce the issue where it gets out of sync I will give you credits for saving me a headache.

EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053