Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 02:58:48 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Instance System Update  (Read 37993 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2015, 05:23:35 am »

I have rolled out a new instance system that replaces waypoint-oriented functionality because the old system absolutely needs to go and causes a lot of lag issues aside from being able to do anything with the existing code. So as promised here it is.

I've made an effort to try and keep syntax and functionality as close to the original system as much as possible, so bear with us as we make this large transition. Most of it should be really solid, fast and lean, but if there are any issues to address. It won't be a problem.

/say instance

Creation

• create [solo/raid/guild] instance - Creates an instance of the current zone that you are in
  • create [solo/raid/guild] instance [zone_short_name] - Does a remote instance create when you use zone short name

Public Vs Private Instances
  • When you first create your instance, it is marked as a public instance in which others can join, if you wish to have this instance be closed so people can't "enter raid akkadius qrg", you need to mark it as closed in the menu

Inviting (examples)
  • raid invite templeveeshan player1, player2, player3 etc.
  • solo invite nexus player1, player2, player3 etc.

Entering
  • You must be added to someones instance in order to be able to enter it when it is private, however when it is public you can perform "enter" syntax to enter their instance without invite "enter [solo/guild/raid] Akkadius [zone_short_name]"
  • Alternatively, you can click the saylink in your 'instance list' menu to enter an instance

Deleting
  • As long as you are the owner of an instance, you can delete your instance, however you have a 12 minute delay before you can create another instance

Repopping
  • Repopping functionality still inherits the old systems 10 minutes repop delay

Instance Types
  • Situations where you had to be in the same group, raid for your instance to be valid are no longer an issue
  • Guild instances can still be shared with non-guild members given a proper invite and can be seen via 'instance list guild'

Free Waypoint and Instance Costs
  • Instance costs are still enforced like the old waypoint system and all of the restriction rules should reflect in the new code

Leave Instance
  • All this does is physically remove yourself from an instance if you are in one, this does not remove you from the logical instance

Remote Creation
  • Remote creation is still allowed, but zones that had restrictions on remote creation are still locked down

Guild Instance Creation
  • When a Guild Instance is created, you will see a message that prompts other Guild members that it had been created, along with a link to immediately zone you into their instance

Instance Durations
  • Instance life durations are currently set to 3 day expiry

Instance Payment
  • Instance payment now happens directly from character inventory and not via the Waypoint virtual currency
  • Because waypoint currency is no longer needed, I've put all of the account based balances to a character bound to the account that had logged on last and added the Platinum balance to that characters inventory balance. This waypoint currency should no longer be used and code in game will be completely removed soon

If there is anything wrong with this I'm sure you guys will let me know. But if you notice any issues please make mention of them here.

Thanks,
Enjoy!
Akka
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 07:03:30 am by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 05:53:44 am »

Nice!!

Thanks

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 07:03:35 am »

Not having to spam invites to raid instances will be awesome.

Sounds good Akka.
Fonas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 07:52:18 am »

Thanks for all your hard work on the server.

Peign
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 07:56:41 am »

Thanks for the work, the changes look great.

Quick question though, would it be much of an issue to default the status to Closed vice Open.   I do not want Krincle hopping in my instances and taking all my stuffs.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 07:57:46 am »

Thanks for the work, the changes look great.

Quick question though, would it be much of an issue to default the status to Closed vice Open.   I do not want Krincle hopping in my instances and taking all my stuffs.

Yeah thought about that. I'll probably end up doing that

EZ Server GM
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 08:06:39 am »

Awesome

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 09:02:54 am »

Really Nice!!!

Thanks Akka
Tereg

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 09:21:16 am »

Is there a way that you can make a remote instance and not zone into that instance? (ie: toon that makes the instance is in ToV but makes a guild instance for anguish). As of right now when I make a remote instance, it zones me into that instance instead of asking me if I wanted to enter it.

Rotic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 09:30:53 am »

Can we do without the creator name for guild instance? kind of trouble some.

/say enter guild rotic nexus

back to

/say enter guild nexus

Thanks.

--
Rotic
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 10:01:11 am »

No, Rotic, because now you can have multiple guild instances for any zone, based on who created. So you can have 5 GI for, say, T9.

Pretty awesome, yeah?

And thanks Akk! This looks awesome....was worth losin sleep for Cheesy

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Peign
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 11:31:55 am »

That is a sweet change!    Multiple GI's ftw!
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 11:39:55 am »

Truly awesome system.  I do have a question about repops... Is it the intention to not be able to repop an instance that you are not the owner of?
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 12:46:40 pm »

Nice! Thanks Akka!!

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 01:32:15 pm »

I was wondering if it was possible to create a raid or guild instance, and not automatically get ported in.
I would also like the instances to be closed by default.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:50:51 pm by Sarthin » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053