Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 03:12:47 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update 2-12-2015  (Read 6881 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2015, 02:11:22 am »

EDIT: (Friday) Double Loot and Double Credits is active until Monday

I didn't want to update again for at least a month or two, but since almost everything was perfect last round minus some player animation updating and some RoF2 updates made its way in, I figured I would update now before any crazy issues are introduced.

Let me know if anything crazy shows up.

Changes:
  • Trevius: (RoF+) Bandolier no longer displays a Treasure Chest Icon when no Bandoliers are set.
  • Trevius: (RoF+) Setting Alt flag on characters in the Guild Management Window is now saved and functional for filtering.
  • Trevius: (RoF+) Guild Invites between RoF+ and previous Clients are now functional.
  • Akkadius: Fixed a rarer crash related to last hail to the gnome miner for expeditions

Expeditions
  • If you destroy an expedition while in the expedition, it will now boot you
  • Entering an expedition initially will create a soft lockout of 1 hour
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 02:05:06 am by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 08:23:52 am »

So bandolier function is safe to use in RoF2 client? Before it was a great way to destroy your weapons. In fact Hunter even has a post on here somewhere saying, "Use bandolier and lose your epics you're SOL"

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:54:11 am »

Akka,
Any chance we can get the RoF duplicate aug issue looked at? Our resist and strike augs are double or tripled up as intended. I know we can load UF and do it but that's not a proper solution.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 11:54:16 am »

So bandolier function is safe to use in RoF2 client? Before it was a great way to destroy your weapons. In fact Hunter even has a post on here somewhere saying, "Use bandolier and lose your epics you're SOL"

The changes I made do not affect the functionality of the bandolier itself.  It only fixes a graphical display issue where a Treasure Chest icon was being displayed in empty bandolier slots.  I believe the bandolier is much better than it was years ago after some fixes were added quite a while back, but I am not 100% positive it is flawless at this point.  Bandolier still functions the exact same way on RoF2 as it did/does on UF or any other client.

If anyone has been regularly using bandolier and has had issues, or not had issues, it might be good to get some feedback on the subject.  Details of issues can help to get them isolated and resolved when time permits.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 12:06:15 pm »

Bandolier had ate many of weapons as recent as a year ago for me...personally I'm nit going to try it with the chance of losing uw/epic
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 01:18:16 pm »

Unsure if related, but here goes:

• I cannot live edit NPCs. If I spawn an NPC, make changes via #npcedit or in DB, the zone does not update the changes. Perfect example: The Healing Dummy in Caster's Guild (fhalls) is still a scarecrow from where it was cloned from Practice Dummy, but is truly jester form where it was spawned/added in a completed form (qrg, illsalina).
  • #door create <stuffhere> is editing multiple objects at the same time in highly unpredictable ways. Increasing the size of one object is changing the incline of others, changing incline is moving X/Y loc of others, and moving objects (X/Y/Z) is moving similar objects. O_o
  • Lastly, falling is still jacked up since last week. http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?p=237792#post237792 for more info.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 02:10:52 pm »

One new issue today.  Had several wipes in T9 to the undead raid and when I zoned back to finish up 3 - 6 of my toons did not show up in group or raid, but were in zone.  I could heal them outside of group so it seems like more of a ROF2 graphics bug than anything.

Camping them and coming back fixed the issue.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 02:33:54 pm »

Unsure if related, but here goes:

• I cannot live edit NPCs. If I spawn an NPC, make changes via #npcedit or in DB, the zone does not update the changes. Perfect example: The Healing Dummy in Caster's Guild (fhalls) is still a scarecrow from where it was cloned from Practice Dummy, but is truly jester form where it was spawned/added in a completed form (qrg, illsalina).
  • #door create <stuffhere> is editing multiple objects at the same time in highly unpredictable ways. Increasing the size of one object is changing the incline of others, changing incline is moving X/Y loc of others, and moving objects (X/Y/Z) is moving similar objects. O_o
  • Lastly, falling is still jacked up since last week. http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?p=237792#post237792 for more info.

-Hate

I'll test these after work today, have a lot of things going on atm.

EZ Server GM
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 05:18:04 pm »

Are you talking about taking really decreased values in fall damage hate or just the way you fall? Because they changed how fall damage in EQ in I'm guessing it was ROF or after UF.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 06:11:00 pm »

if its fall damage it means nothing here....20k damage from a fall is laughable

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125