Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:24:13 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Halloween Weapons  (Read 1990 times)
Miriya

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2023, 07:35:49 am »

Halloween is coming soon and I know this was discussed before but the request was denied due to similarity in damage output or close capability/stats.

With UWs reaching 12.5 at the current state of the server, I was wondering what everyone else's thoughts are on changing the Lore group for Halloween weapons from Ultimate to just Halloween or something similar.  UW12.5 is a level higher than Halloween weapons and once Tier 11 is out, UW13 will outlcass it even more.

The quested Halloween items are difficult and time consuming to obtain and to delete them to get an UW is heartbreaking.  Brunaa's neckguard does not need to be deleted to get Darkstone neck.

/petition change Halloween weapons Lore group ....... please

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023, 02:29:20 pm »

When you get ready to build an UW (and have all components for that toon) why not just destroy the HW weapon and make an UW? Much more goes into the UW per tier than does the HW weapon...if you bade it all on completion per level and not outfitting new toons that you PL'd through content....if you can obtain HW weapons you have played lonmg enough the HW is a nice "supplement" to get your dps up higher until you can save uyp enough esse/etc. to get the equivalent UW. So I guess I am confussed... Huh

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
akpainter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 10:45:12 am »

I think maybe the OP is more about keeping the HW weapon as a cool item that hard work was done for.  I get that, I dont want to give up my Mixlors even though the UW is better.  I dont think it is anything more than an item i got that i want to keep looking at in my bank or inventory.  Plus, something i haven't understood, if you cant DW a UW and a Mixlors, what is the harm in altering the lore group so i can keep it in my bank? 

When it comes to the 1hand items or range item i am less in the know as i think i only have the 1hs on my bard.  So i dont know if those items could cause an imbalance if paired with a UW type.

Just my thoughts.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 05:23:15 pm »

I think maybe the OP is more about keeping the HW weapon as a cool item that hard work was done for.  I get that, I dont want to give up my Mixlors even though the UW is better. 

I can understand that...I have always wanted to have the look of having the Epic 2.0 on each toon (primarily paladin) as I think that is one of the coolest looking weapons in game...I just don't look at the HW weapon as being "hard to obtain"....the zone is really trivial at this point.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
akpainter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2023, 10:46:54 am »

Ahh I see your point.  Yah the zone isn't "hard" at this point, but I have to tell you my damn luck is so bad spawning bosses is like pulling teeth.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2023, 06:07:46 am »

/petition change Halloween weapons Lore group ....... please

I tend to agree with Raygan's points here, it doesn't really seem necessary. However, it's also not a game breaking change, and destroying something that some people can still have a hard time obtaining isn't fun. Lore group change will be pushed Live prior to the upcoming event.

For planning purposes, Halloween event will run from 10/28 through 11/3. Following the event, the first stage of T11 should be opening.

akpainter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2023, 11:50:14 am »

Thanks Draca!  I fully agree it really doesn't matter, but hell, I still have all my weapons from Sleepers in my bags for kicks...
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2023, 01:26:16 pm »

Nice! Previously, halloween weapon ended up becoming more of an annoyance because you have to remember to get rid of it when you make a UW. I think this is an overall good change!
Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2023, 08:00:03 am »

nice change!
Miriya

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2023, 08:43:12 am »

Thanks, Draca! And thank you for everyone's input!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 292