Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:36:23 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Tech help] Running EQ (Boxed) Win7  (Read 5012 times)
sohami

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2010, 07:27:01 am »

I've done a bit of research on this issue I've been having and never quite figured it out, so I took a break and just single boxed on my PC and dual-boxed on my laptop. But now im back wanting to try to get my PC box-able again.

My PC Is obviously ideal for boxing because it's a lot more powerful than my laptop. I can start up and play one EQ client no problem. When I try to put it into full screen though, It just turns black, and I get the hourglass symbol and I have to force close it. Same thing happens if I try to start a second EQ client. Once it launches the game, both clients turn black and don't load.

I used to be able to box 2-4+ boxes flawlessly. Then (AFAIK) I didn't change anything and slowly I was getting reset device failures, and now I dont even get that message anymore. Screen just "freezes" and says it's loading and never does.

Anyone have any insight to this? I'd love to get my PC up and boxing again.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 07:34:20 am by sohami » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 01:36:27 pm »

It sounds like you are saying your trying to use full screen and box at the same time? Pretty sure you have to use windowed mode for that.

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 01:56:26 pm »

Maybe I wasn't very clear. Im saying i cant box in windowed mode, OR play single box in full screen. I get the same error trying both things.

I can play one client in windowed mode just fine. I just can fullscreen it, it goes black with the hourglass.

Same thing when trying to start up a second client (in windowed mode of course)
Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 02:28:47 pm »

make sure you have the latest video drivers loaded on your desktop pc. Next I would check the video settings. I saw a post for this somewhere on the EQ EMU forums I will try to locate and link to it. (try lowering your video settings if they are maxed out.
-------------------------------------------
Someone posted:
You might also want to try adding "WindowedMode=TRUE" to the [Defaults] header (the first section) of your eqclient.ini. That fixed it for me. If you're confused, just add "WindowedMode=TRUE" to all the sections of eqclient.ini.
------------------------------------------
Here is a link that may help as well:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/search.php?searchid=976057
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 02:38:42 pm by Otaduke » Logged
tacl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 08:50:12 pm »

have you tried wineq2? you use wineq2 to load instances of EQ and it helps manage resources. i had win7 64 bit and had no issues with boxing but opted to using wineq2. it is kind of a pain to setup, have to make an account with lavishsoft even for the free one.

also when you load wineq2 for the first time, right click and run as admin, it needs it to patch the first time.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 182