Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:32:46 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: AFK Botter Found (with pics AND videos)  (Read 10288 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2011, 09:38:38 am »

(this is the last of my posts for awhile...I've failed enough for this month Undecided )

I hate to start drama but it's too late for that.

Curriculum, Ash, Fugitive, Gnaughty...you gents farmed your asses off for your UCs. Why is this guy AFKing them?

Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HX7qRRAv3s
Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTqMtDTsFfE
Video 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpnwYLA6Vqs

Whisper from Retpally (related to the video from rogue, upload soon): http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x206/Bobtheamerican/whisperfromretpally.jpg

Retpally is still in instance 2 of LDoN4, still in that same room, still AFK farming (10:31am EST). I have another video from my rogue but I haven't time to upload it. (I will start it before I leave for class)

Holypally is always online with Retpally in a private instance (possibly in the same location).

Zartaxiis is always online with Holypally and Retpally but in LDoN2, instance 2, in the tornado room. Same script seems to be used. However, I can no longer record them as me entering zone seems to cause him to stop. Maybe I've made myself "too" known to him...whatever.

Basically, I'm asking if we can get the boss man to review this. If he is just really awesome at mechnically precise movements...then I'm sorry.

-Hateborne
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 09:42:33 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 09:58:46 am »

Seems like it would be quite unproductive as it looks like a small radius mac. Not nearly enough reward to take a risk on getting banned for.

Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 10:23:45 am »

2 thumbs way up on the vids. This isn't even debatable.

Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 10:43:49 am »

Wow, nice find. I was confused at what I was looking at at first, so let me get this straight. Retpally just stands there, you pull mobs into room where he is standing and he auto attacks it?

I also didn't see it in the video but does his toon auto move to his original location once the mobs are dead?

Domeiz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 10:55:34 am »

i dont understand how anyone is this stupid? I wonder if this script is also looting charm upgrades and combining them, if not there maybe some left on corpses haha huge faill.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 12:59:33 pm »

wow nice catch ! You even pulled mobs close to test it out haha ! classic..it would almost certainly be looting/combine..if it wasnt it would be a total waste.

Looks like a mac set to attack mobs in certain range,loot,prolly combine..rinse and repeat.
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 12:59:54 pm »

My name is L0stman and I approve of this topic.
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 01:36:47 pm »

If Retpally isn't getting in some trouble for the afk scripts, the KS'ing would come into play as well. A "small radius" is no excuse for either afk scripting or KS'ing.

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 01:51:23 pm »

There is a check you can put into macs to stop it or pause it if someone else enters or is in the zone. Then it will resume after they leave. Someone good at MQ2 can almost do whatever they want with macs.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 02:26:15 pm »

My comment about small radius wasn't making any excuses. On the contrary, it's pretty stupid to risk getting yourself in trouble like that for an ineffective mac.

Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 02:34:03 pm »

My comment about small radius wasn't making any excuses. On the contrary, it's pretty stupid to risk getting yourself in trouble like that for an ineffective mac.

Very true. Wasn't bashing your quote, was more expanding upon it.

Madthrok

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 02:39:21 pm »

•No exploiting
•No warping
•No bot / afk farming•No bad words
•No spamming
•No kill stealing
•No hording Tiki's
•Guild Quest camps
•No ninja looting
•No trains
•Do not crash zones
•Do not share accounts
•Use common sense
•Play nice and don't grief

NO EXPLOITING
Do not exploit bugs in the game.

NO WARPING
Our server flags people in our database for warping, so don't do it.

NO BOT / AFK FARMING
Do not use any programs to attack npc's for loot or exp, or go afk pet farming.

Rules are Rules and this one is very straight forward. I hope that this person gets dealt with by Hunter.
chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 03:55:42 pm »

If Retpally isn't getting in some trouble for the afk scripts, the KS'ing would come into play as well. A "small radius" is no excuse for either afk scripting or KS'ing.

Seriously, the issue is the afk script. Sorry to disagree, but I highly doubt someone will be banned for "KS'ing" a couple trash mobs. The small radius was not used as an excuse, and was probably to accommodate whatever room he was in.

By the way, I'm wondering if the guy was actually charm farming at all. I don't think it would be productive killing a couple mobs per respawn, and it makes me wonder if he was actually trying to get afk XP. That would be a sad way to be banned.
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 07:13:58 pm »

Yeah I was making a point that (at the least) he'd get in trouble for the visible KS'ing, even though it's very, VERY apparent he's using some sort of AFK program.

Kinda like.... Grand Theft Auto with a minor drug possession. You gotta throw the whole basket at the jury, no matter how small.

Lithiar

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 12:59:36 am »

great find, download a fraps crack, and you can get over the 30 second bump.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64992
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 210