Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:31:36 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Advice  (Read 6529 times)
youthdragon

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2010, 06:57:26 am »

First want to say hello the server, I been here for 4 days.  OK I am playing a warrior / cleric/mag combo.  Started out with just the warrior cleric till I hit ldon part of my adventure.   It seems a time gear warrior cannot tank the in ldon at all.  I was spam healing and was going down so fast there was nothing to do.  So people on the server said get a mag work on its caster guild quest and use its pet to advance.  Hint the adding of the mag.  This worked out fine I was ably to do ldon names know..  I was fine with the 15 min per name kill in time on my warrior lol but know my warrior just sit back and does nothing the pet out tanks him..  I even got the warrior his 2.5 done.  Still pet just 10x easer to keep up.  So I am looking for advice here on what to do to help the warrior not be replace by a mushroom.  I am grinding his roa know only thing I can think of.  Everyone on the server tells me to get him his 3.0 then he won't suck anymore.  So if I am struggling in ldon due to 45 people farming the names for augs and cards.  How do I get upgrades from ldon to try and do qvik..  Let along skip ldon all together and do my 3.0.  I believe there needs to be another middle tier before ldon or some type of adjustment.  I really got to say thanks to afew people who have hand feed me some loot.  Tosser for helping me on my 1.5 Forhead for my 2.0 and for Simeon for rezzing me and then even killing terro and quil for me when he need them for a friend.  And the good old Gnaughty for helping me get few tokens.  Thank you guys your what keeping me here.  I  play pretty late really earlier during the day so I miss most of the prime time groups for qvik/ldon if people even group here.

My charter name is Pudge I can't seem to find him on the maglo to let you see his gear.  But I just feel stuck right know. Talk to you guys later and sorry for the spelling mistakes.
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 10:15:27 am »

LOL!  You know you need to get your playtime up when someone who is on the server for 4 days is way beyond where you are!

Doh!  One of these days.....

Rob Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:26:04 am »

Im just telling you now, dont think warriors are weak by any means...

They are THE most powerful class on the server. Just give it some time and effort and you'll advance exponentially.

LDoN gear is rough to handle, but if you get it and the rest of your chars (cleric included) are full LDoN and 2.5 epic'd you'll be able to put a large dent into Qvic (next tier for you).

Im not sure the % heal on 2.5 epic for cleric clicky. but it will help you while tanking. more heals mean less dying.

That mushroom pet wont be outtanking your war for long.

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 10:26:48 am »

Dual 2.5 war should be fine with PoTime gear for named... though a mage pet is much better for now Smiley  Try to camp some armor... yes king cards drop more from bosses... but you can get all the rest from trash mobs easily. (beside legs cause these are rarer than anything else it seems) . I got most my king cards and other armor crads from trash mobs for all my toons.

My war if dual 2.5 with full ldon armor... I heal once or twice on bosses with my cleric

Also, you dont see pudge in Magelo because the database was not updated for a little while.  Magelo using a second database to not affect in-game.

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 10:30:35 am »

Just to be sure...did you download the custom file set and are you useing the Focus of Healing for your Cleric?  A time geared warrior should be able to tank named in LDoN, though in terms of DPS, yup the pets outstrip him.
youthdragon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 12:00:59 pm »

Yes I have the custom files. First like to say thanks for the advice and your time.  Problem I find with ldon is o the 500 people farming every mob in the zone for charm upgrades..  So I get maybe 6 mobs out of what 50 in the zone every 15 mins lol.  Anyhow I decided to work on my RoA.  Got my dru his 2.0 and going use the mag to plev from 47 to 70.  Wish I knew mag was so weak compair to bst and necro when I started lol.  I just make him my CoH slave bot when I got the time to work on my necro or bst.
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 12:09:40 pm »

Most charm upgrade farmer are in LDON 6... they drop way more often from bosses there... I did get the occasional drop from trash on other floors.. but yeah... thats very rare

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
youthdragon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 12:15:08 pm »

Does not seem to stop people from farming the other floors.  Just takes one warrior aoeing everyone they can train.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 12:15:38 pm »

Mage pets aren't technically weak, just dont have neat little side features like group heals or beastlord buffs for pet (proc, regen, heal.... whatever. havent played one here yet)

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 01:04:45 pm »

Pets arent weak... they crit alot for 4k (mage 3.0) anyways
But they can die fast as they dont have as much ac as a normal tank.

So if you think you 3.0 pet can be MT in any situation, specially high end.. dont get your hopes too high... it will need lots of healing

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 01:33:28 pm »

Yeah pets for a while tank better than warriors but you have to take in account that from when you get them till you get a better one they won't improve. The Warrior will, so you end up with a situation in which when you get to a new tier a new pet will have the advantage but that will fade and be lost as War gears up in that zone.  Also remember your Warrior has Stonewall disc which dramatically reduces damage taken.

I couldn't tell from your post, has War done Fighter's Guild yet?  The skill training vastly improves your Warrior's durability.

Collecting cards for LDoN armor might help too. I feel alot of people skip this step now because it's so easy to jump to Qvic.

I do imagine its tough to get kills though with people blasting through LDoN.  I admire your drive to find ways to progress yourself.

P.S.  Not to be literary Nazi but "Know" = knowledge of something and "Now" = the current point in time.  I think you used know in a couple of places when you meant to use now.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 02:04:20 pm »

P.S.  Not to be literary Nazi but "Know" = knowledge of something and "Now" = the current point in time.  I think you used know in a couple of places when you meant to use now.

I think he's one of the players that has English as a second language, seems a lot like it to me at any rate. Doesn't make it any less difficult to understand nor does it ease my OCD (because i do that correction stuff sometimes to lol) but at least it's not his fault Smiley

Blood of the Akkadian
youthdragon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 03:56:09 pm »

As for the warrior yes he has done the very pain in the butt fight club quest.  As for the know and now to tell the truth spell/English was not best mark in school and when I got to collage my GF wrote all my papers.  She is a English teacher so I am always getting looks..  I do at least try to make sure I spell stuff correct.  The normal goggle if and spell checker. Think this is bad should hear me vent trying say people's charters names. 

If you can't make sense of a post I make, I just have the old lady come over here and type it for me.  She loves to do it anyhow cause then she can make fun of me for the next 3 days.
biscuits2455

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 06:09:31 pm »

Hey Pudge!

I will be on tonight after 1130pm est time if your around. I'll be grouping with Matilda. we could do some Ldon stuff. we both need pages for epic.

This is William and Concordea, but i think you know that already. Good to see your here.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64990
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 77