Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:48:15 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Epic Augment book 3.0  (Read 8041 times)
uhtrinity

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2016, 12:23:02 pm »

Hello, I have been away for about 5 years and recently came back with a few friends. Still trying to figure out the new system. Have read through most of the guides, but still confused about a few things.

First, I have most of the Qvic armor and a few pieces from Cazic thule. Also have the 3.0 pally sword, Nightbane.

One of the quest mobs gave me the completed augment book 3.0. I also found the weapon skins in Cazic Thule. Can these be used together, if so how? If not, what is the next progression? I haven't been able to find anything about how epic augments are used with the skins.

Thanks
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 05:59:25 pm »

Have you looked on the wiki =)

Epic Info Here

uhtrinity

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 06:48:53 pm »

Many times, some parts are confusing though. Mismatch in terminology, some stuff is out of date. Also doesn't help that the vendor in Cazic Thule is called the 3.0 vendor. Wiki mentions weapon skins and augments, but not how they are implemented. Care to share a specific link if you have one?

http://wiki.ezserver.online/EZ_Server_Wiki

This part is out of date as the vendor has been moved to cazic thule ... unless I am missing the one in plane of dragons. Also gives no details on the weapon skins other than stats. Are they for the 3.5 augment or higher?
http://wiki.ezserver.online/Epic_Weapon_Skins

Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 09:56:29 pm »

I think with the pally sword you have to give it to the noob epic vendor , and he exchanges it with the epic Aug you can put into the skin (through Aug dealer or portable bird bath). I had a similar situation, in that I returned after about five years. Lots of good stuff in the wiki, but not clear with this. All other characters (not knights) you have to wait till you reach 4.0 to exchange the old epic with new epic Aug. I'm pretty sure that's how its works, but if I'm wrong I'm sure the vets here will correct me.

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
uhtrinity

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 01:17:14 am »

Thanks, that worked mostly. Handed the epic vendor my 3.0 epic with the smaller augment removed. He handed back the palidin defensive class augment 3.0. Inserted it into a charger's sidearm.

Only issue, now the sword doesn't have a healing proc. Is this normal? Has the Paladin epic been nerfed or was that something else related to Nightbane? 2X the DPS is nice, but lack of auto heals sucks.

The description at http://wiki.ezserver.online/Paladin#Epic_Effect

says:   Healing augment - Group Heal (combat)
Defensive augment - Proc and Click
Zeal proc - Provide AC, small chance to resist spells, stonewall effect, and a block chance.
Deal Holy Knight Strike on Block and Parry
Blessing of the Crusade click - Short-duration powerful stonewall

It no longer procs a heal or is clickable. It does proc spell damage though.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 01:37:12 am by uhtrinity » Logged
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 07:03:30 am »

You can go offensive or defensive on pallies now...hand aug back to epic vendor for the other.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
uhtrinity

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 09:22:38 am »

Thanks, that worked.

Handed in the Defensive class augment to the Epic Quest NPC and received the Healing class Augment. Auto heals are working again.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 11:51:40 am by uhtrinity » Logged
uhtrinity

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 02:28:23 pm »

Ok, so similar question for my cleric. She has the Aegis of Superior Divinity Epic 3.0 shield. When hailing the QVIC quest NPC Auydin she has an option to get the Completed Augment Book 3.0.  So back to the original question, can it be turned in anywhere for a main weapon augment? There are weapon skins for the Cleric with a epic augment slot. Or is that slot for the Plane of Dragons augments?

Sorry about all the questions, but I have scoured this site as well as goog
le and can't find anything.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 04:45:52 pm »

NOTE: DO NOT COMPLETE THIS EPIC UNTIL YOU ARE FLAGGED FOR PLANE OF DRAGONS, as you will not be able to use your epic augment without a weapon skin purchased from Plane of Dragons.

Complete the QVic token quest to get your Complete Epic Book 3.0.
    Collect all visible pieces of armor from QVic.
    Hail the Level Up Wench to become flagged for Plane of Dragons
    Give the Completed Epic Book 3.0 along with your epic weapon 2.5 to the Epic Vendor for your Epic Augment 3.0

So has something changed? This info from the wiki is no longer accurate?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 04:46:41 pm »

I had to do 3.5 and turn in the 3.0 shield with my 3.5 book to get 3.5.

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 05:53:30 pm »

Only knights can turn in old weapon epic and get epic aug same level. Every other class must upgrade to the next level to get the aug. So.....any class BUT pally or SK, hand in old epic, new epic book and get new epic aug.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 06:07:02 pm »

Added this line to the main wiki page (original wiki has the correct info already):

ONE NOTE:If you are a returning player with an old weapon epic you MUST upgrade to the next level epic to switch your weapon to an aug! So treat it as if you were going from 2.5 to 3.0 (see below). The exception is knights (pally/sk), who can just hand in their old weapon epic for an epic aug same level. And speaking of knights, they get TWO different types of augs (offense and defense for SK and defense and heal for pally). Handing in one type aug to the epic fatass for these classes will get you the other type epic aug.

This is on the "Progression" page, just before the epic lists. If you wanna edit or move it, freel fee.

uhtrinity

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 08:48:23 pm »

My chars were flagged for plane of dragons back in 2011 or so when I stopped playing. So that wasn't the issue. Think I have most of it figured out now. I also found the vendor in Plane of Dragons, which looks to be a duplicate of the Vendor at the enterance of Cazic Thule.

I was mostly confused that the QVIC quest NPC gives out the 3.0 Epic Augment book and had no idea if it was to be turned in. Looks like it I don't need to use it.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 08:52:40 pm by uhtrinity » Logged
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 02:58:36 pm »

personally I kept my 4.0/4.5 epic weapons until I completed 5.0 in Abyss.

also note that if you have 2-3+ strike augs in weapons they need to be removed, use the Augment vendor to remove "stuck" augs (only 1 aug is allowed in 1Hers, and 2 in 2Hers/bows).

also, ranger epic is bow only now. so hold on to your ranger swords until you loot something higher/better.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 161