Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:18:46 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Update 12-20-2014 (Rain of Fear 2 Client BETA Launched)  (Read 57237 times)
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2014, 10:29:24 am »

No....if he hadnt updated the spell file on the client....well, pretty much nothing would work. Any real content here is custom, and without the spell file the effects would be.....interesting. Such as, instead of clicking for a group cure, you attempt to port to Crescent reach and end up crashing to desktop Cheesy

Yea, I will need to know that this has been confirmed fixed before I even consider loading ROF2.  I have the clicky cure written into about 4 or 5 of the buttons I use while fighting.  It would suck to have toons zoning/dropping while I'm trying to buff, pull or even have my toons follow me.   LoL
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2014, 10:32:52 am »

Everything is working as long as you put the spell file in, you won't get porte.d

Keeze
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2014, 11:19:25 am »

are bank and merchant pets following us around until they poof going to be a way of life now?

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2014, 09:52:40 pm »

Two more issues I have found:

1) Cannot rez a character with RoF.

2) Also cannot hand a pet anything. When you try its as if the pet isnt there. In fact....cannot mouse target pet at all.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2014, 10:08:43 pm »

are bank and merchant pets following us around until they poof going to be a way of life now?

That isn't related to RoF/RoF2 specifically.  That was a global change to how temp pets work.  I think the easiest solution is to have the NPC's Runspeed set to 0.

Two more issues I have found:

1) Cannot rez a character with RoF.

2) Also cannot hand a pet anything. When you try its as if the pet isnt there. In fact....cannot mouse target pet at all.

Rez is fixed in the latest updates from today.

I am not sure about the pet thing yet.  Though, I do know there are new options in the options menu that allow you to set click through for self, merc, and maybe other stuff.  Sounds like that is what is happening.  Will need to test that more, or get more details.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2014, 10:19:25 pm »

Thanks Trev, I remembered that just after I posted it.....looked for the option and couldnt find it. Turns out my UI doesnt have that option in Options Cheesy

But going back to default UI a sec and clicking it off let me give my pet a pearl necklace.

I know Fugi's jealous!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2014, 10:28:14 pm »

LOL??

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
jck169

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2014, 11:06:43 pm »

Noticed a new thing in the option menu that let's you click through pets and self.  If this is checked you won't be able to click target a pet.  Might prevent you from opening a trade window also.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2014, 01:11:46 pm »

now Run speed has been affected on the UF client..............awesome

running slower than usual

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2014, 02:13:16 pm »

Runspeed is client side.. so.. you might be doing something weird?

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2014, 02:54:27 pm »

Run speed is down.  On both clients.

Ranged clicks are slowed on both as well.    I can click my bow to pull, turn and run back toward camp before the arrow aggro's the target.

Possible results of server code updates on the whole and not just the implementation of ROF?
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2014, 04:46:02 pm »

Runspeed is client side.. so.. you might be doing something weird?

oh great, cause you know, I've only done a thousand things since ROF released......

although, what I have not done is screw with my UF client folders, at all.

I first noticed the run speed thing when I first loaded up ROF, so when I went back to UF the run speed was fine. I haven't played much since then, today I went to actually play and noticed the run speed issue on UF

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2014, 04:58:42 pm »

and, I can tell a difference between having the run click on and off

so the buff is working, just doesn't seem to be working at making it as fast as it was

Digz

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2014, 05:29:02 pm »

not sure i notice the run speed thing but its hard to tell, i do remember hunter once telling me some command to accurately tell you how fast you're currently moving, does anyone know/remember it? could be handy.
Ugazel

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2014, 07:39:09 pm »

Using ROF client, got a new bracer from t8 today tried to put on just one HR7 aug, and it says "that item does not satisfy the augments restrictions" I had no issues yesterday putting augs on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 179
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)