Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:36:07 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Keys to avoiding Nerfs  (Read 18240 times)
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 09:19:17 am »

I blame Fugi!!!  It's always his fault!!!   Where are my free stuffz? Fugi? ...
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 12:23:01 pm »

All that being said....Hate, can you change my Loremaster title to "Nerfarious Loremaster"?

Pretty please? Cheesy

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 05:19:55 pm »

/pointfinger and stuff
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2015, 01:38:39 pm »

You're publicly saying you shouldn't say things need fixing that need fixing in things like... The broken stuff repair shop? Just so OP things can stay op longer? And get offended when the volunteer developer of the game calls it out for QQ?

You and Maslow are delusional.

How about we say things are broken or need adjustment in the threads specifically named for broken things. Then put on our big boy pants if or when they get adjusted.

Flame me.
I will, after several days of thinking about this, comment on you first, Darpey.  All your shit talking, I didn't hear you complain about shit when I was helping gimp your sorry ass through t7 and t8...so stop try, if even for a moment, to unattatch your lips from Hateborne's ass.

To Hateborne:

I made the comment I made, referring to people bashing Chunka,not you.But you got your feelings hurt. You made SoD to make a class that was not relevant ...relevant, on EZ...before Drake no one rolled a druid....I wasn't referring to this nerf directly but nerfs in general.  Hell I didn't even have a druid before t9...everyone and there brother made a druid because you had to have one to survive t9 (some people made multiple druids). I stand by what I said and will go as far as saying that you , as the developer, can NOT handle criticism, constructive or otherwise, at all.

edited because some vulgarities aren't needed, apologies.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:46:16 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2015, 01:53:49 pm »

I will, after several days of thinking about this, comment on you first, Darpey.  All your shit talking, I didn't hear you complain about shit when I was helping gimp your sorry ass through t7 and t8...so stop try, if even for a moment, to unattatch your lips from Hateborne's ass.

Honest moment.

In T8, Darpey received maybe half, or a little less than half of his armor from other people. I saw them in auction and purchased them or free'd them, depending on what the asking price was. There was one instance when a guy (which I guess was you, Orthanos? - I can't remember what your in-game name is) gave me a few (maybe 4-5) pieces for Darpey, which finished his set. If that was you, thank you, it helped a lot.

The other 168 (14 slots x 12 boxes) pieces I got myself.

I don't remember receiving ANY help in T7 (other than buying the occasional piece for not-my-main), but if I purchased a few pieces for Darpey, I'm sorry I forgot. I did give away a lot when I was doing it though.

I also edited vulgarities out of this post. The word "delusional" probably carries an unnecessarily dramatic connotation. Sorry about that.

I got a few pieces of armor from people (which I guess was partially you, I can't remember what toon you are, Orthanos) but I wouldn't say there's any argument to be made that I was carried through T8, or especially T7

Though I would have loved to be carried through T7, lol was my least favorite.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:25:19 pm by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2015, 02:10:36 pm »

To Hateborne:

I made the comment I made, referring to people bashing Chunka,not you.But you got your feelings hurt. You made SoD to make a class that was not relevant ...relevant, on EZ...before Drake no one rolled a druid....I wasn't referring to this nerf directly but nerfs in general.  Hell I didn't even have a druid before t9...everyone and there brother made a druid because you had to have one to survive t9 (some people made multiple druids). I stand by what I said and will go as far as saying that you , as the developer, can NOT handle criticism, constructive or otherwise, at all.

edited because some vulgarities aren't needed, apologies.

First, part in red: Thank you for that. I didn't see the original, but I appreciate trying to keep it clean.

Orange: LoL I'm not sure where I got butthurt. If I'm pissed, you will know very quickly (at least until Akkadius rightly pillages my post and cuts out all the hate). As for being unable to handle criticism, I'm doing pretty well with you constantly whining about how bad of a job I'm doing, without pulling a kneejerk move to ban/suspend or otherwise attacking you. Additionally, I would like to point out the various longwinded threads that we've discussed things back and forth, primarily with you whining about how badly any change is, and generally good changes came out of it. Hell, the UW adjustment was a HUGE issue with a gigantic thread, but it was handled with relative grace and dignity by all those involved (minus a few flared comments). The upcoming patch note thread is also doing fairly well. So...yeah, please try your call again later. :-)

-Hate

EDIT: I should clarify that I don't hate you. I dislike your constant accusations and bellyaching about how the server should stay broken in certain aspects versus fixing things, but I really have no ACTUAL hate towards you.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:16:00 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2015, 02:37:26 pm »

I was probably overly emotional

Got to ask...why?  You feel you have to make a name for yourself on the server by riding coat tails?  I am done with you at this point and just wash my hands of you.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 02:41:17 pm »

Hate...I love your passive aggressive nature...I do...and as far as kneejerk reaction banning...for what?  For not kissing your tail like, Darpey here?  If that's what you want then FINE ban me...but if you think I would sink to that level to save a freaking CARTOON character your dead wrong!

As for being unable to handle criticism, I'm doing pretty well with you constantly whining about how bad of a job I'm doing

And just to make sure...I went back and looked at my previous posts and see no whining (closest is this post) most of the time I am pretty laid back on server and forums.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 03:18:43 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 02:44:44 pm »

Not trying to make a name.

Most of why I post is because I get bored at work.

Although that particular instance it was because I felt like Hateborne and Chunka (but especially Hate) were being unfairly flamed.

To be honest, I've been aggravated at both Hate and Chunka at different times, and made passive-aggressive, or just aggressive forum posts about them... or just kept my thoughts to myself - it's funny to me that I'm being called a kissass toward Hateborne. But it makes sense why you would think that from this thread. I'd gladly make a post defending you ("kissing your ass") too if I felt that it was warranted.

In this instance, however, Chunka was addressing a concern that he had (that Drake was OP, among a few other things), which is fine and with good intention... and Hate was correcting  the perceived issue.

I guess it is debatable whether or not drake is actually OP (I think it definitely is, but that's beside the point). Hateborne is the unpaid dev, and to in a single post say:

1. That we should not post about things that we feel need addressing
2. Flame the developer for fixing these things

seems bad to me.

Alternatively Hateborne could just do nothing, and leave the game as it is... then we'd have boomstick UW's, invincible tanks, no further tiers, etc...

TLDNR:

Progress > Stagnation
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:51:50 pm by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2015, 02:45:36 pm »

Hate...I love your passive aggressive nature...I do...and as far as kneejerk reaction banning...for what?  For not kissing your tail like, Darpey here?  If that's what you want then FINE ban me...but if you think I would sink to that level to save a freaking CARTOON character your dead wrong!

ROFL. Please excuse me from this thread while I laugh myself into a coma. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2015, 02:54:08 pm »

Please excuse me from this thread while I laugh myself into a coma

Would you, please, thanks.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2015, 04:45:55 pm »

HMHH!!

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2015, 06:20:52 pm »

Please ban Orthanos for the love of god so the friendly forest animals can come out of their caves again.  Embarrassed

gagem

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2015, 01:32:51 am »

Please ban Orthanos for the love of god so the friendly forest animals can come out of their caves again.  Embarrassed

At least this comic thread is in Rants and Flames where it belongs Smiley

No one should get banned here... its pretty much covered in the name.  (Though excessive curses etc is just poor form)
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2015, 01:43:06 am »

Can we ban him for something else then?  Huh

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125