Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 02:25:33 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Donation item ideas  (Read 3997 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2013, 03:46:25 pm »

Just an idea.....but maybe consider alternatives to the current reward items for donations. Instead of 35 creds for instant 3.0 and whatnot, perhaps a "rent a 4.0" that allows you to for a few days increase one character to 4.0 and T4 armor, to let you PL your own characters to 3.0 or 4.0 for 5, 10 credits. Instead of a free instance maker for 100 credits, and an experience clicky for 250, perhaps make temporary versions of each for 5, 10 credits, etc (maybe 5 for a month on the waypoint, 15 for the exp? Something). This gives people more of a choice, and also gets them back again looking for more. Also maybe a "token package" that gives no trade versions of the HoH tokens or the PoDrags crystals for X amount of credits. I can guarantee that'd be a HUGE seller!

Just some ideas. But in general it seems to me you'd get a lot more participation if some of the really important items had low cost alternatives.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 03:50:58 pm »

+1
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 04:02:07 pm »

I still go back to an idea I suggest a year ago.

Lottery, 1 credit or 5 credit.

The one credit would randomize between somewhat low items, such as (but not limited to): Firestrike/Icestrike/Ninjastrike 1, 25k plat bag, 50k plat bag, and Consolation Tissue (1pp).

The five credit would randomize between slightly higher items, but have the potential to roll high stuff, such as: Firestrike/Icestrike/Ninjastrike 3-5, any essence, Box of Consolation Tissues (25pp), 100k plat bag, 500k plat bag, and maybe 0.5% chance for Waypoint.

Something that would give chance to possibly pay out hugely if a player tried for it.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 07:09:48 pm »

Not to be arguementative but 15 credits for one month of the exp item would be way too low. At 15 credits a month you would be able to rent it for 16 months before the rental would equal the cost. You would be done with it long long before that. For something like that I would say at least 75 credits. Maybe even 100.

Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 04:52:28 am »

Hmm, Why not rent Xiggie for 15 credits? Probably faster than renting epics and such.
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 06:48:47 am »

I think the credit system is fine as is.

The really useful stuff, isn't that expensive.

Cure, Call of Companions, Rez, Pet for buffs.

The FWP and Easy exp - are really neat items, but by no means something you can't live without.

If anything, I would suggest making the donation process a bit more easy and perhaps even autonomous - Had it not been such as hassle, I would probably have donated more. Alas, I only get two transfers with WU without having to send them all sorts of documentation.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 190