Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 01:10:19 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Print
Author Topic: ToFS Suggestions  (Read 85243 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 09, 2013, 07:17:09 pm »

If I get off my ass, I'll drag my group in there and spend hours farming the verdammt keys. I'll see just how far I can get before being decimated.

-Hate

I vote floor 1

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2013, 09:10:38 am »

Quote from: Griz
Anyways maybe I just suck at this game. I challenge anyone in T3 gear rocking some strike IIIs and IVs with no UCs to go up and kill even one of these trash mobs on floor 3.

Challenge Accepted!

Ill use Anuli only.
Kedar

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2013, 03:45:49 am »

I've been playing around in this zone. My group is mostly T4 with 4.0s. Last time I tried the boss on floor 3 was in mostly T3 with 4.0s. I may have eventually been able to kill it, but it was incredibly frustrating because it quite often took my non-tanks from 100 to 0 in less than 6 seconds thanks to the AE acid and rampages. I expect that it would still be able to do so, but slightly less often.

I very much doubt that a group with gear from the advertised difficulty of a floor would be able to kill the boss of that floor after floor 2.

Some things I would suggest are:
  • Reduce the current AE damage by 33% to 50%.
  • Have a fixed time between spell casts, if possible.
  • Make different AE spells for each floor to fine tune the damage to what an appropriately geared player would be able to take, instead of dropping what I would guess is T5 level damage onto T3 players.
  • Increase the reward by a large amount, and state that floor 3+ difficulty is no longer supposed to correspond to said tier.
Any one of these would make me much likelier to enjoy this zone.

Regarding drops.
No trash drops would be nice. I can understand wanting to leave them in for nostalgia, but it's very inconvenient to have almost all of the corpses drop nothing, yet you still have to loot them.
I think v2 drops should start on floor 3, considering the large difficulty jump. Perhaps a chance of v1 or v2.
Plat loot. If you farm v2s here instead of HoH, you're going to gain a lot less plat, not to mention you miss out on T3 tokens, which means no essences.
Gear/items uniquely from this zone. For example, white damage aug components (an amount to make them competitive vs strike augs), sympathetic proc aug components for casters. Similar to how essences work for strike augs.
The reward for killing Tserrina is not that good. From what I hear, 1 ez credit is worth 300k-400k plat currently. That sounds like a very poor return for the time investment of just killing the boss, let alone keying your group and spawning it.
Kedar

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2013, 12:23:04 pm »

So.. How are people supposed to deal with the 95% melee and spell mitigation buff? Dispel gave the "Your target looks unaffected" message, and it appears to be permanent.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2013, 11:00:12 pm »

Moved my post to:

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=3705.0
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 11:48:14 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2013, 11:03:54 pm »

Thank you for key update! I swear I had 6 or 7 charm upgrades with no keys heh

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2013, 11:15:49 pm »

Thank you for key update! I swear I had 6 or 7 charm upgrades with no keys heh

The charms are more common than keys, and after this update probably even more common than before cause I tagged a few npcs that were missing the quest files to addloot.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kedar

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2013, 10:29:14 am »

Stonewall is broken somehow. Was beating on the floor 3 boss for 15 minutes, never got through it. Guessing it's something funky with the spell damage mitigation, since my wizard's spell rune lasts for far more mana necklace clicks than it should going by the numbers.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2013, 04:58:41 pm »

Stonewall is broken somehow. Was beating on the floor 3 boss for 15 minutes, never got through it. Guessing it's something funky with the spell damage mitigation, since my wizard's spell rune lasts for far more mana necklace clicks than it should going by the numbers.

Lost me. Stonewall affects physical mitigation only. Try dispelling.

As for the rest, I have no idea what you were trying to say. What version of necklace, what epic, and where is spell mitigation fitting in to this?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2013, 05:16:37 pm »

or maybe your damage output is way less then required to eat away at the needed amount of damage ... 45 mins + on 6B floor boss for me =D so 15mins..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Kedar

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2013, 05:41:45 pm »

Lost me. Stonewall affects physical mitigation only. Try dispelling.

As for the rest, I have no idea what you were trying to say. What version of necklace, what epic, and where is spell mitigation fitting in to this?

-Hate

The ToFS stonewall also has a spell mitigation portion. Dispel does not work against ToFS bosses. Depending on if floor 3 uses the 75% or 85% stonewall, it should drop after absorbing 1 million or 50 million spell damage.

No epic. Mana Necklace IV. I'm talking about Eldritch Ward II, which is supposed to break after absorbing 37k spell damage. However, it does not break even after 20 clicks, which would be > 75k absorbed. 9750 damage without the ward, 5850 with.

Regarding not enough damage, my group does roughly 2 mil spell damage per tick, assuming one spell cast and one melee round per tick. So that should break it in 3 and a half minutes.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:55:55 pm by Kedar » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2013, 06:00:12 pm »

A tic is 6 seconds

Kedar

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2013, 07:06:21 pm »

I'm.. not sure what you're trying to point out. There are 35 ticks in 3 and a half minutes, which is well over 50 million absorbed with the numbers given.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2013, 08:13:15 pm »

I combined Mitigate Melee and Mitigate Spell Damage into 1 spell Stonewall for NPC in ToFS. Seems the Mitigate Spell Damage until X damage absorbed isn't working, so need to wait until it fades.

Right now the npcs only cast the stonewall 1x when they spawn.

After reboot, the stonewalls will last 30 minutes, 60 minutes, or 90 minutes depending which rank they use.

Might separate the Melee and Spell part into 2 different buffs later so that it can be worn or dispelled.

Hope that helps clear up how the stonewall is working.

So basically if you get a mob with stonewall II then just wait 60 minutes and the buff will fade. Kill rest of the zone or something Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 20, 2013, 10:23:23 pm »

I combined Mitigate Melee and Mitigate Spell Damage into 1 spell Stonewall for NPC in ToFS. Seems the Mitigate Spell Damage until X damage absorbed isn't working, so need to wait until it fades.

Right now the npcs only cast the stonewall 1x when they spawn.

After reboot, the stonewalls will last 30 minutes, 60 minutes, or 90 minutes depending which rank they use.

Might separate the Melee and Spell part into 2 different buffs later so that it can be worn or dispelled.

Hope that helps clear up how the stonewall is working.

So basically if you get a mob with stonewall II then just wait 60 minutes and the buff will fade. Kill rest of the zone or something Smiley

I remember an issue with physical mitigation. Not the Stonewall effect, but Mitigate X amount of melee damage until Y absorbed. I had originally written Tower of Vie to use this, but values over 32767 (int16 max val) caused it to go negative (meaning each hit brought the value further down, resulting in un-ending mitigation).

I'll check the actually spells at one point to see if I can be of further use.

-Hate

EDIT: I tested rank three (Frozen Stonewall III, spell id 12014) and it broke numerous times. So....yeah, no idea friend.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:36:39 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 153