Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 12:52:58 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Druid Regen?  (Read 7900 times)
Slapit255

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2011, 02:19:21 pm »

Kind of a stupid question for the forums, but I dont have access to EQ atm for OOC.

Someone told me that the Druid regen also procs a combat heal. Is this correct?

Also, currently my team is running Zerker, Pally, Warrior, Ranger, Monk. I have a cleric and druid for our last spot, but really prefer a druid if it would work...... Would a druid be a viable healer in this case? Or would we need to go with a cleric?

Currently we are T1 geared, and half T2 geared so hate to go with a druid and find out its a horrible idea. Druid and Cleric are just finishing tacvi, trying to catch them up.
Cafi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 02:28:29 pm »

You can NOT beat the cleric for heals. Druid/pally for pad heals, but the cleric is top healer. Viv group heal is a must, more so the higher you get with rampages and what not hitting your group.

Druids have the nuke/root thing off their stick, and a nice regen with the druid regen II, but it cant even come close to the cleric belting out 250k heals to the group. IMO druid is still not a viable class, still ROA only.
Slapit255

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 02:42:26 pm »

Fair enough. Does the druid regen proc a combat heal as well though?
Cafi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 03:18:32 pm »

Not that I know of. the cleric 4.0 does a heal/DD. Your not talking about the epic are you? the spell that i know of is just a regen, no idea of it does anything else. but to be honest we dont use druids other than for ROA as they just arent viable for high end content.
Slapit255

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 03:25:46 pm »

ROA was the reason my druid was 70. Just sad sitting there as a buff box though ( Same with the loveable Troll shammy...

Thanks for the info!
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 03:41:30 pm »

Druid regen II with max Oracle is 31500 per tic (every 6 seconds) it can crit/exceptional heal for 63k, and it does often.  It's a nice fill-in heal, and will happen without you having to do anything (even attack with your pally, or if your pally is stunned/etc) .

Druid also gets TWO instant-cast heals, with a short cooldown (4-6 seconds).  The best one heals about 31k (with crits) and second one is about 1/2 that I guess, but good if you need a 2nd quick heal. Trust me they saved my BUTT when I was first breaking into HoH and T3/T4.   For example when my paladin (main tank) faceplanted, I quickly grab aggro with warrior, hit stonewall and spam heals on him until I can rez the paladin back in - that saved me from a total wipe a few times I can tell you...

Druid epic now procs the paladin spell (DD+group heal) though at 2 levels below (ie druid 3.5 has pal 2.0, druid 4.0 has 2.5 etc) which obviously isn't going to make a big difference, but it gives something for your druid to do while waiting to cast regen again... The click is a aoe DD+snare but since it's the same as the ranger, I don't use it.  

The Crab dot is okay too (7200 dmg/tic).  I love my druid now.  Not saying they could replace a cleric, but they are fun and useful, and I love seeing mine beat up on bosses with her tree branch :p
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:04:48 pm by walk2k » Logged

Slapit255

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 10:30:31 am »

Thanks for the info!

A few questions...

Is the Regen a Group buff or Single Target?
Whats the base duration?
Whats the recast time?
gimpy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 10:35:19 am »

Going from memory, druid regenII is a base 4500/tic heal, single target cast, with a fairly quick refresh rate.   I cant remember the duration, but I think it was < 10 minutes the few times I cast it.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 12:03:37 pm »

It's instant cast, 10 secs cooldown, single target and lasts for a bit over 5 minutes now, without Guardian/UC charm that is.

I think with FoH and max level Oracle you get 7x the base healing.  UC would be 8x I think?  Anyway base 4500 x7 = 31500, both the Regen II and the Ancient:Chlorobon are base 4500 now.

Also I got my druid the T4 pet last night... seems like it has decent HP, haven't tried it, but shame druid doesn't get Pet Affinity it will die pretty fast to rampage/aoe I imagine..
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:07:31 pm by walk2k » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053