Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:33:46 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Update: Epic 5.0 Task Quest  (Read 11134 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2011, 02:35:20 pm »

The Epic 5.0 Task / Quest is sort of broken.

The 5 task to complete killing 20 bosses each "works" but when you hail the NPC at the entrance he is not seeing it. The reason is that when you complete any step in any of the 5 task, it checks if all the steps in that task are done and flips a 'switch' so that you can't just remove task 2-5 and do just task 1. My testing with GM commands to auto complete task worked with the switch, but apparently hasn't been working for anyone else. This type of switch was suppose to turn enable/disable so to allow someone to do the quest again even with this task completed in your 'history' tab, which is what will ultimately be looked at for getting your reward. Not sure if I'm making sense here, but basically I'm going to have to modify the Quest NPC at the entrance to just check for Completed Task without the Switch Enable/Disabled. This means that you then would have to do the quest / task only once to get as many Epic Books as you need, unless I figure another way of doing this, like making that Quest NPC the new Epic Vendor turn in guy to prevent people from spamming Epic Books. Anyways, GM testing worked, but when actually killing all the bosses 1 by 1 manually, its not working. I will fix this as soon as possible. The bosses you've already killed are still killed. Don't worry, you won't have to re-do anything that you've already done. The fix is in the NPC, not your Task Window. I know so far at least 1 or 2 people have found and killed all 100 bosses in The Abyss.

A few weeks ago I had a big silver filling in one of my teeth that cracked, and its been severe pain until Yesterday when I finally had my sedative dentistry. The sedation is nice, kinda fall asleep, don't feel or remember anything. Until then, my head hurt so bad like a migraine for a few weeks, that I couldn't think or hardly work. Even ended taking off 3 days from work. Unfortunately that means I'll have to make up for my lost days of work by working on my day off, which is currently Saturdays. Means I might work for 2 weeks strait without a day off. Also, Basher will be visiting my place in May cause a mutual friend of ours from college is getting married, so I'll be distracted with that as well.

Soon as I get some free time, a day off from work, with a clear head (now that the tooth is done), I plan to first fix the Epic 5.0 Task Quest in Abyss, then after that I'll be putting FG, CG, and Qvic Quest all into Task instead of hailing the NPC to see what is needed next, which will also allow you to turn in the items in any order. This was planned for a while now, again just need the time.

I'll continue to check my email daily as always for people that need guilds created. Bigger issues will have to wait until I get a day off.

Enjoy!

Hunter

EDIT:

I did a quick fix on the Task Quest for the NPC at the entrance in the Abyss. For now, you can get as many Epic 5.0 Books as you need just by hailing the NPC, after you've completed all 5 task of course.

Epic 4.5 and 5.0 weapons have had their HP and Regen increased as well.

Doing a reboot within 30 minutes of this post for updates to take effect.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 03:30:15 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 191