Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:47:13 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: HUGE UPDATE  (Read 16094 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2012, 11:12:22 pm »

Some major updates in last 2 months esp the one posted today.

Go to test locally on my test server and if it works fine then I'll update EZ Server with the new source code.

This will include some major changes such as the loot system. May be better or worse, we'll fine out when its put in. But its todays changes that makes me want to update now.

http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/EQEmuServer/changelog.txt

If we use the updates possible in the next 24 hour then I'll post about it. EZ Server would probably be down for a little bit too, maybe 1 hour.

Code:
==11/27/2012==
Sorvani: fix for newly created items with unlmiited charges to actually be usable.
Sorvani: (Uleat) Lore check is now made for items inside bags being trade before the trade completes.
Akkadius: Started first works of implementing QueryServ for what it was meant to be used
Akkadius: Moved QueryServ to it's own configuration block in the eqemu_config.xml (example):
<qsdatabase>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>password</password>
<db>queryserv</db>
</qsdatabase>
Akkadius: QueryServ can now be used on a separate server and can use an entirely separate database as it was meant to
Akkadius: Added 'loottable_id` to NPC::ModifyNPCStat which also changes quest::ModifyNPCStat(identifier, newValue); as well
Akkadius: Fixed heap corruption in quest_globals that would occur if a value over 64 bytes was created
Akkadius: Changed value size in qglobals from 64 bytes to 128 bytes
Akkadius: Added #reloadworld - This command will reload every single zones Perl quests and reboot them

Perl Changes:
Akkadius: Added EVENT_DISCONNECT to global_player.pl/player.pl - Event that triggers whenever a character disconnects from the world
Akkadius: Added EVENT_CONNECT to global_player.pl/player.pl - Event that triggers whenever a character connects to the world
Akkadius: Added EVENT_TASK_UPDATE to global_player.pl/player.pl - Event that triggers whenever a donecount is incremented in a task, exports variables: $donecount, $activity_id and $task_id
Akkadius: Added EVENT_TASK_COMPLETE to global_player.pl/player.pl - Event that triggers whenever a task is complete, this can sort of be checked in EVENT_TASK_STAGE_COMPLETED already but this is more finite, exports variables: $donecount, $activity_id and $task_id
Akkadius: Added EVENT_TASK_FAIL to global_player.pl/player.pl - Event that triggers whenever a task has failed, exports variables: $task_id
Akkadius: Added $client->SignalClient($data), it uses the client as the initiator and the client that gets sent the data, good for entity_list iterations through client
Akkadius: Exported $client->AddAlternateCurrencyValue(currency_id, amount); originally created by KLS
Akkadius: Added quest::gettaskactivitydonecount(task, activity); which obviously will get the amount done in a task based on task and activity
Akkadius: Added cross zone client signalling capability by character ID: quest::crosszonesignalclientbycharid(char_id, data);
Akkadius: Added cross zone client signalling capability by character Name: quest::crosszonesignalclientbyname(Name, data);
Akkadius: Added cross zone client messaging capability by character Name: quest::crosszonemessageplayerbyname(Type, Name, Message);
Akkadius: Added the ability to flow #commands through Perl, by flow meaning if the command doesn't process through the traditional command system, it will dump the output to EVENT_SAY in player.pl/global_player.pl based on rule Chat:FlowCommandstoPerl_EVENT_SAY

QueryServ Changes:
* I plan on adding much more logging to this server, but for now I've started with the following:
* QueryServ requires rules to be enabled before packets get sent to QueryServ, otherwise World/Zone doesn't need to even craft the packets for logging
Akkadius: Logging all player kills through QueryServ, you need to have QueryServ:PlayerLogNPCKills Rule Enabled, type: 0 = Solo, 1 = Group, 2 = Raid
Akkadius: Player trades logging started but definitely not finished
Akkadius: Removed the rules system from QueryServ, rules should only be read from World/Zone

REQUIRED SQL: utils/sql/queryserv/2268_QueryServ.sql

Database Changes:
Akkadius: Added a field in `character_` called `firstlogon` that will essentially be booled true when a player logs on, it handles a characters online status between world and zone and ultimately gets used in EVENT_CONNECT
Akkadius: Completely dropped the `id` column in `quest_globals`, the (`charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`) fields will act as the primary keys, tested and working fine. This solves capping out on ID's as they are unecessary.
Akkadius: Changed value size of `quest_globals` field `value` from 64 bytes to 128 bytes
Akkadius: Removed an AA that was causing heap corruption

REQUIRED SQL: utils/sql/svn/2268_required_updates.sql

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 11:44:56 pm »

Divine Intervention baseline is now correctly set to 8000HP (from 50k) (RULE: DivineInterventionHeal)

Wow - that's a LOT of changes!!  How does an update like this affect EZ's custom values?  DI being set to 8000HP (for example) will effectively make the spell useless on EZ with players who have HPs into the millions.  Does the server retain all its custom content or would this update overwrite a heap of things?

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 12:01:18 am »

That update was on 8/16 and we have that source already.

Update is going to be from loot drop changes and up.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 12:13:04 am »

Sorvani: Tabasco sent in this bugfix: Ranged attack crash
It doesn't happen every time, but if an NPC is flagged for ranged attacks and they kill their target, the AIProcess function continues on under the assumption that the target is still available.

No wonder when my wizard gets 1 shot from Ranged it would crash the zone!! lol

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 01:59:59 am »

Everything went well with testing the new updates.

Charm Upgrades that are suppose to be 1/666 are showing chance of 0.0015 which is correct.

Everything else working as well. Going to bring down EZ Server to install new source.

Thanks Akkadius for all the really good updates!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 05:20:23 am »

Has Akkadius or others done performance testing for the new tools, such as, QueryServ?   With limited resources both in hardware and bandwidth it would be of value for Hunter to know the potential impact and the scalability for these tools prior to implementing.

Thanks for the update
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 05:48:08 am »

Updates are mostly working except NPC's can't see your qglobals which is the table that stores your flags.

I might have to revert back to our old server code if I can't figure this out.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 06:41:18 am »

Updates are mostly working except NPC's can't see your qglobals which is the table that stores your flags.

I might have to revert back to our old server code if I can't figure this out.

I got this, don't worry!

Check out r2771.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 06:43:45 am »

Checking now. BIG THANKS!

Will update

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 06:54:55 am »

I see 2268_required_updates.sql was updated when doing scv update but I can't see what changed, no need to run that one again?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 06:58:37 am »

I see 2268_required_updates.sql was updated when doing scv update but I can't see what changed, no need to run that one again?

Shouldn't need to update that one, at least I don't think so. Akkadius may have added some last minute changes, at this point I would run this query:

REPLACE INTO `rule_values` VALUES ('1', 'Chat:FlowCommandstoPerl_EVENT_SAY', 'true', '');
REPLACE INTO `rule_values` (`ruleset_id`, `rule_name`, `rule_value`, `notes`) VALUES (1, 'QueryServ:PlayerLogNPCKills', 'false', '');
REPLACE INTO `rule_values` (`ruleset_id`, `rule_name`, `rule_value`, `notes`) VALUES (1, 'QueryServ:PlayerLogTrades', 'false', '');

There were only code changes after those updates. They were just so the rule appears in your database. Should boot without it but meh, up to you!
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 06:59:13 am »

Works now! Thanks secrets!

#globalview doesn't show 0 anymore, instead it gives me a list Smiley

My qglobal testing NPC's showing that they see the values too.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 06:59:35 am »

Works now! Thanks secrets!

#globalview doesn't show 0 anymore, instead it gives me a list Smiley

My qglobal testing NPC's showing that they see the values too.

Awesome, glad to hear! If there's anything else broken you know where to contact me Smiley
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 07:05:00 am »

Oh, I'm sure I'll break stuff in the future. This current fix saved me 24 hours of hair pulling. Thanks for fast response and quick debug.

Server will probably be unlocked soon, just doing final test before unlocking.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 10:18:28 am »

T6 trash mobs are dropping augs almost 80% of the time.  Something is out of whack. Also I hear HOH mobs are dropping tokens 80% of the time.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 282