Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:45:09 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: HOT BUTTON: Buff Level Restrictions and ROA/SOA/UW/Aug Level Requirements  (Read 39350 times)
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 12:15:13 am »

Was thinking about how to lock Shield/Mana Necklace to progression since Earring/Ring can be easily done with NPC refusing.

How about this, add a new NO TRADE material (Shield blueprint/mold) to each progression rank. Have them being common drop or sort so it won't be painful to farm it. Or maybe have it being sold by vendor in the designed map, similar to vellum. That way when you need to upgrade the shield or necklace, you gotta farm/buy it from the respectable tier map yourself.

As for shield, only one is need to start it and advance it every tier rank (level 1, 6, 11, 16, etc). Just like EoN.

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2016, 12:21:01 am »

Was thinking about how to lock Shield/Mana Necklace to progression since Earring/Ring can be easily done with NPC refusing.

How about this, add a new NO TRADE material (Shield blueprint/mold) to each progression rank. Have them being common drop or sort so it won't be painful to farm it. Or maybe have it being sold by vendor in the designed map, similar to vellum. That way when you need to upgrade the shield or necklace, you gotta farm/buy it from the respectable tier map yourself.

As for shield, only one is need to start it and advance it every tier rank (level 1, 6, 11, 16, etc). Just like EoN.
How about we just leave it to level restrictions on the items?
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2016, 12:36:45 am »

If we do that, we're going end up with a lot of angry folks who got advanced items on their low level characters being completely unusable.

At very least my suggestion will prevent them from advancing any further until they do progression so they can keep wearing the items.

Plus it make sense to use mold along with EoN ore to craft/upgrade the shield!

Actually, I almost forgot about it, but the Mana Necklace is tradable so level restriction alone should be fine. However shield isn't and it would be upsetting to not being able to wear it post-nerf without doing progression.

Additional, if we're adding level restriction to the Mana Necklace, what about Strike Augs? They're essentially same.

Maybe I'm just caring a bit too much about how this will upset the people.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2016, 12:58:06 am »

Strike augs are level restricted already.
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2016, 01:03:47 am »

Strike augs are level restricted already.
Ah, couldn't find any info on wiki so I wasn't sure if they're restricted already or not.

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2016, 01:23:01 am »

If we do that, we're going end up with a lot of angry folks who got advanced items on their low level characters being completely unusable.

At very least my suggestion will prevent them from advancing any further until they do progression so they can keep wearing the items.

Plus it make sense to use mold along with EoN ore to craft/upgrade the shield!

Actually, I almost forgot about it, but the Mana Necklace is tradable so level restriction alone should be fine. However shield isn't and it would be upsetting to not being able to wear it post-nerf without doing progression.

Additional, if we're adding level restriction to the Mana Necklace, what about Strike Augs? They're essentially same.

Maybe I'm just caring a bit too much about how this will upset the people.
They shouldn't be trying to get stuff above their tier anyway. Besides, SoA is not required for content so they can do without it for one tier.
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2016, 01:46:04 am »

They shouldn't be trying to get stuff above their tier anyway. Besides, SoA is not required for content so they can do without it for one tier.
Yea, true.

Guess I'm just overthinking for better solution than a simple one.

CyanideTreatment

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2016, 01:58:33 am »

There's always a nerf to something after a select few exploit the fuck out of something.. life of this server
Chameleonn

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2016, 03:12:07 am »

There's always a nerf to something after a select few exploit the fuck out of something.. life of this server

what he said

vote for restrict the crap out of it - sorry if you run 2+ grps
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2016, 06:12:56 am »

Where has anyone exploited anything? I agree with everything Hate has posted and am 100% on board. This isnt something that was due to anyone exploiting but something that has been needed to enforce for a few years now. Good job, Hate, even though I still hate you to the moon and back!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2016, 08:36:17 am »

Where has anyone exploited anything? I agree with everything Hate has posted and am 100% on board. This isnt something that was due to anyone exploiting but something that has been needed to enforce for a few years now. Good job, Hate, even though I still hate you to the moon and back!

Hahaha! I am reading this in bed and nearly woke Loveborne up from laughing at this. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2016, 09:00:57 am »

If the level restrictions are put in place for the Ring of Ages and Earing of Ages then the Exp Mask level restriction is irrelevant. You can stock pile AA's to the sky and back, just cant use them until the next level is obtained.

So maybe the Exp Mask doesn't need to be level restricted at all.

Honestly, I don't care about people speeding from lvl 1 to 70. Our game starts at level 70 anyway.

Level 1 - 70 to me has always been a curtesy for players to learn the basics of the classes they have chosen for their bot crew. I think most everyone coming into this is going to know what each class does and how they function anyway.

And if there is worry about ohh lvl 72 has 234,954aa banked and dings 73 and gets full upgrades on ring, etc. So? they had to grind those aa points anyway.

This would also remove the trouble of how do we all get our crew's to benefit from the mask we created, thus causing an entire clusterfork.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2016, 10:24:10 am »

On the Mask....I could potentially scale the EXP bonus allowed through scripting. Would take some testing, but limit the EXP buff similar to RoA system (0-200 L70, 201-400 L72, etc). If a player is L72 and gets 540% buff, it would fade and instead recast rank 400 (as that's their max receivable).

Thoughts?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2016, 10:36:59 am »

On the Mask....I could potentially scale the EXP bonus allowed through scripting. Would take some testing, but limit the EXP buff similar to RoA system (0-200 L70, 201-400 L72, etc). If a player is L72 and gets 540% buff, it would fade and instead recast rank 400 (as that's their max receivable).

Thoughts?

-Hate
If you manage to make it work, that's a pretty solid solution.

That way people can just keep sharing their MGB loves without worry or going on strike.

Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2016, 11:08:21 am »

Thoughts?

-Hate

Scale it down even more. Less beggers spamming in OOC. 100% per level sounds good.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 136