Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:08:48 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Quality of Life Suggestions  (Read 21800 times)
Mexi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 04:25:38 pm »

That's right Mix. As it currently stands, any Avatar drops any token, which is why getting the specific ones you need is fairly difficult. Its great for the early part of the grind when you need every single token, but absolute torture near the end of the grind, especially when H1N1 / The Warlord drop less loot than the other T3 / T4 bosses respectively.

Get to grinding then.. and make RNG yer biotch! *cracks whip*

Mix

Working on it lol! Just gotta get that last pesky chest Tongue
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 04:31:07 pm »

I have been accussed in the past that I am bad about "back in the day we had to walk uphill barefooted in the snow"

Try doing that while carrying Chunka on your back....  Grin

Mix
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 04:50:24 pm »

In every instance (except ToFS), there are ways you can HONE in on your luck. Only fight the mobs that drop the TOKEN you need in HoH, then you can spawn THAT boss over and over and over.

Just want to point out that specific mobs no longer seem to drop specific tokens in HoH. Not sure when this changed or if its a bug, but any monster in there can drop H1N1 now, for example, or Split Paw, etc., which makes farming the token you actually need nearly impossible. Personally I did 4 full clears of HoH last night and saw one single H1N1 drop.

HOH was recently converted to script loot so I wouldnt be surprised if something was tweaked in the process. However, even before the change all mobs had a chance at dropping any tokens, certain mobs just had a higher chance to drop a specific token.

Rajunn

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 05:01:52 pm »

Chasing the dragon since 1999 (r) .
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 05:57:03 pm »

That's right Mix. As it currently stands, any Avatar drops any token, which is why getting the specific ones you need is fairly difficult. Its great for the early part of the grind when you need every single token, but absolute torture near the end of the grind, especially when H1N1 / The Warlord drop less loot than the other T3 / T4 bosses respectively.
Ouchies - is this an unintended consequence of loot changes?

This being the case - I sympathize with the OP's plight.

It would suck to have to farm 8x as many mobs to get the token you want.

If it was unintended, could Hate / Akka find a way to re-specify NPC type-loots?

The way it apparently currently is seems like it would be a mind-numbing timesink.

I'm all for the timesinks setup like T5, where you AIM toward the specific mob you're looking for - but just killing mobs in HoH to get random tokens seems like a negative change over the original setup where you could kill mobs that primarily dropped ONLY the token you needed.

Seems analogous to making T5 just randomly spawn bosses, instead of all the tricks that you have to do to spawn each individual boss (on a smaller scale, of course)

Unless there was some reason for this change that I just don't see.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:59:04 pm by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
KnowFear

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2016, 06:23:58 pm »

Yea, plus scripted or not, token drop rate is still terribly low. Or at least it has been for me since the change. A full clear of HoH last night netted me all of about 10 tokens. And I believe 4 of them came from Shadow.
Vorthis

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2016, 08:38:17 pm »

In my case, I had 100 lightbring and 100 prince of darkness, out of the first stack not a single cleric piece dropped. on my next set of 100, not a single mage item dropped. add to the fact that tokens are complete random drop on which you get with lightbringer, prince of darkness and oceanlord seeming to be the most common drops and the fact that a low drop rate of tokens ( I had 4 times as many charms drop as I did tokens in 20 full clears). It makes it mind numbing for the grind with a single goal of just collecting tokens. Perhaps if each tier had multiple goals that you could work other that token/pages it might not be as bad.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 09:17:35 pm »

I have been accussed in the past that I am bad about "back in the day we had to walk uphill barefooted in the snow"

Try doing that while carrying Chunka on your back....  Grin

Mix

Shit man, try doing that while carrying Rent on your junk...like Dimurwar does!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2016, 03:12:08 am »

Yea, plus scripted or not, token drop rate is still terribly low. Or at least it has been for me since the change. A full clear of HoH last night netted me all of about 10 tokens. And I believe 4 of them came from Shadow.

Heh this has been somewhat "cleared" as not particularly true. I had a few people get decided vocal about it. Spawning 400 Avatars, I earned ~4 tokens more per 400 avatars, three sets of 400, five runs of three sets. All said and done, it's the same or better.

On the SPECIFIC loot issue, that can potentially be addressed. I'll review the script tomorrow to see what I may be able to do to assist in that area.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 10:02:46 am »

Lets all go back to the Combines!

KnowFear

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 12:29:14 pm »

Heh this has been somewhat "cleared" as not particularly true. I had a few people get decided vocal about it. Spawning 400 Avatars, I earned ~4 tokens more per 400 avatars, three sets of 400, five runs of three sets. All said and done, it's the same or better.

On the SPECIFIC loot issue, that can potentially be addressed. I'll review the script tomorrow to see what I may be able to do to assist in that area.

-Hate

That's why I also mentioned that was the case for me. My RNG for token drop has been horrendous.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 05:53:45 pm »

Just to add my observation to the mix, after many clears and getting a total of nearly 70% less tokens than the non BP/Leg type on Splitpaw (legs) and a little over 50% less on H1N1 I started instance bouncing to just farm those areas (Skies for Splitpaw and Underworld for H1N1), and saw no improvement on drop rate for those 2 types. A guildie was handing me all his loots from another instance and the numbers were pretty similar, and some in GC mentioned they had the same issues. It seems completely random now.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 08:55:54 pm »

Just to add my observation to the mix, after many clears and getting a total of nearly 70% less tokens than the non BP/Leg type on Splitpaw (legs) and a little over 50% less on H1N1 I started instance bouncing to just farm those areas (Skies for Splitpaw and Underworld for H1N1), and saw no improvement on drop rate for those 2 types. A guildie was handing me all his loots from another instance and the numbers were pretty similar, and some in GC mentioned they had the same issues. It seems completely random now.

Ok, it's actually a weird issue. All mobs have the SAME chance for any token, but there is a separate roll I overlooked that is the "token specific" drops we're referring to in this thread. I have just added this to the quest script. New instances should result in those missing "specifics".

-Hate
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:37:06 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2016, 10:48:44 pm »

To OP's post, I was a firm believer in dead instances.  Places where you would hand in 40 warlord tokens and get 8 bard, 8 bst and 24 others that you didn't need.  I always made sure to turn in on a cycle.  When I was down to the that "last item", I would hand in tokens in my guild/raid and public instances.  For some reason this helped me with my RNG blues.  I saw this more frequently as I farmed ToFS later on (clearing 5+ instances per 10minutes makes for big piles of data).  There are some instances that are INSANELY good, and some that just seem to be a complete waste.
I realize this is Anti-Camp Radius 2016, since the %'s are set equally through all instances, but it helped me stay as close to sane as was possible Smiley

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2016, 01:22:19 pm »

To OP:

EZ is filled with folks who forget how hard it is to progress the first time (cough Orthanos), completely without the knowledge or the uber support team or the UW(s) or the buffs or the uber guild to help them. You won't get much sympathy from most folks.

Personally I know it's still extremely hard to progress on EZ without a lot of help - especially in T5. In the past I've advocated for things like this because I believe the grind and bad RNG turns off a lot of folks. That said, just keep pressing, join a guild if you haven't already, and eventually you will progress. If you think early tiers are hard you will hate T5. Feel free to hit me up in game if you need anything.

To those folks who beat EZ and claim it's too easy now (the wealthy blind), I always say the same thing: drop your guild and friends, and start a crew of 6 or 12 truly from scratch on EZ. Don't gear them up or buff them. Don't bring your UW toons to help or any toons. Work the game up to T10 the way it's built for folks who are truly new. Then, while you progress, keep in mind it's still 10x harder for new folks who don't have your knowledge base and deep experience on the server. Since this will never happen, we will never know how hard the server is for first timers in any given month or year. Meanwhile, for the love of god, don't forget about all the perks we've had for YEARS which these newbies will never know, the same stuff we've called game breaking (generally not me) which has benefitted many of us tremendously.

Waraesh moved up quickly, but he had help like all of us, and for a while he played what seemed like every single day. I couldn't log on without seeing him on. Outliers are not the norm on EZ. The norm are folks who give up before or in T5. Even Waraesh admits it was hard to keep his sanity sometimes. Does that sound easy?  Kiss

Good luck, have fun, don't stress and make sure you ask for help.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 01:24:35 pm by warrior5 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64991
  • Total Topics: 5054