Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 07:45:11 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Dont suppose you can help anyone  (Read 11812 times)
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 02:09:43 pm »

*points to the tracks* This seems to have gotten derailed. Look at that, there's the track wayyyyyy over there.
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 02:14:25 pm »

Quote from: Nova5555
If this persons comment is acceptable, why isn't mine?
I like the idea of a virtual community free of all the barriers, problems and agendas of everyday life and I will fight for it.

the downside to nobody knowing who I am around here anymore is that nobody catches on to my cutting sarcasm.
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 05:50:10 pm »

Laughing out loud at this thread...

Funny how you mention Jesus/Christians people seem to bristle. Had you mentioned Buddha or Shintoism you'd be much safer. That's tolerance for you.

The Fabled Forty-Seven are playing the newly free EQ2 server currently and will be back on EZ October 21st at 7pm. No need to apologize further. Everybody is cool with you, no hard feelings.

Best of luck with your theology.

Aname
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 07:04:38 pm »

uh oh. someone was insulted over the mention of christian values!  does that mean something bad is going to happen to them? are they going to wake up with leprosy or something worse?  get over it.  so you were insulted/offended.  big deal.  people are offended every day and nothing bad happens to them.  /sheesh
Aname
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 07:06:42 pm »

the downside to nobody knowing who I am around here anymore is that nobody catches on to my cutting sarcasm.

sarcasm or not, it gave me a chance to play the leprosy card so i thank you.   Grin
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 07:45:20 pm »

Theres an EQ2 emu?!

Poop
Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 08:05:52 pm »

Theres an EQ2 emu?!

Probably, but they opened up a server that is 'free' which is.. well limited, I just found out myself yesterday and tried it out for a bit.

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 08:15:06 pm »

Some of these people are downright funny when it comes to religion. A belief system isnt a bad thing (Chris Rock and Kevin Smith's views aside). While some of the greatest evils in history have been committed because of beliefs, so have some of the greatest acts of valor, kindness and decency.

The world would be a much nicer place if everyone took Heinlein's views on religion: healthy skepticism, coupled with a healthier respect for what another believes, even if....ESPECIALLY if...to you its a major belly laugh.

Now if you'll pardon me, I must now go sacrifice a package of Ho Ho's to the Great God Narfbargle.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 10:03:16 pm »

We are playing on the free live server, not an emu.

And for the record my LoL was at the people's reaction to the beliefs, not the beliefs themselves. I take my personal faith very seriously and I am glad to see caowen does too.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 179