Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:13:46 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Make Anger Augs all/all?
Yes
No

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Anger Aug Vote  (Read 28687 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2010, 03:16:32 am »

Should all classes be able to use Anger Augs? Vote for change!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Demin
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 05:53:50 am »

As Lexington had posted in another thread, I world like to see a variety of aug options. Maybe on the special vendors in FG and CG. If it's just anger augs, then that means only dps classes get to use it (let's be honest...is a cleric going to use anger 5s to aoe melée?).

More creative people than me can surely think of some examples, but it would add a whole new level of fun.  Not sure how tough it is to implement, but considering you added an entire quest line and zone (crafters) in like two weeks, it can't be THAT bad, right?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 06:00:41 am »

Crafted dmg and proc augs, hrm.

Would require the zone essence that determans how much dmg it does. I'll get a few done this weekend that are all/all. Planning a lot more than just armors that we currently have for recipes.

Suggestions welcome!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 06:11:14 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 06:33:05 am »

Hunter -

When you say give Anger Augs to everyone, does that included both slots (4 and Cool and type (anger IV and anger V) as the they exist today?
Demin
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 06:36:10 am »

I was actually suggesting augs that are purchasable from fg and cg vendors, but yeah...I suppose crafted augs would be a good addition to the crafters guild.
Firetoad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 07:55:52 am »

/Sigh I can't believe this is even being considered, what a shitty way to start my Friday.
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 08:01:56 am »

Is it just me or is this from far left field?

All classes? Like so my druid could be holding agro with melee? hehe.

I guess it wouldn't be too unbalancing for the melee classes. Warriors still tank better than a ranger, so if a ranger uses angerV's for dps they still have to manage agro to stay alive.

One thing's for sure, if AngerV's/IV's could be used by Monks we might have a new champion of DPS. I'd be interested to try that out.

Demin
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 08:07:40 am »

Anger 5 all/all opens up a world of possibilities for ROA, too. I know my monk and bard would love some anger 5s.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 08:09:07 am »

This is going to standardize melee overall. Which... I kind of like the idea. Wars will still tank the best but they will no longer be the DPS/AOE powerhouses alone.

I think what people will learn is dps will be dropping quicker if in group situations, you want to give monks/dps the augs but if they're taking away aggro from the WAR this will be more of a challenge.

Honestly, my vote is yes. I want to see what happens/how it goes. Can always take it back right?

But if I had to choose between letting everyone use anger augs, or just CREATING NEW AUGS for different classes, I would choose CREATE NEW AUGS.

I say make them available to the merchant in the FG/CG and have the higher ranks drop in higher tier zones. (Like the anger augs currently do)

The augs don't have to be complex.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 09:27:37 am »

How about new weapons crafted all/all h2h or 1hb tradeable leveled up via essence and have dmg + procs to keep up with warrior dps of that tier essence? Hope makes sense, I'm still typing on iPhone, not home yet. 

Hunter - EZ Server GM
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 09:36:47 am »

I'd love to have some AOE damage ability on my pally and monk.  It doesn't have to be completely crazy like a war, but it would definitely help.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 09:45:48 am »

I am at work so I did not look over each and every post but I did see something about damage augs instead of just hate augs with a damage component. I really like that idea. I especially would like it if it was something you could build up from BoT on. Maybe as a lvl like the ring and charm. Lvl 1 would drop in BoT and PoFear as a very common drop on bosses, then an upgrade component would drop in Time as a slightly less common drop on any mob. Ldon bosses would be the next stop but I would have it as a pretty common drop as that zone does not need any more traffic as it is. Then as you go up from one custom zone to another your able to upgrade it. As for PoD and PoG I would have the normal upgrade for the farming area with a nice little bump of an upgrade dropping off the T3 bosses, another nice bump off T4 bosses followed by an even greater bump off the 3.5 boss and 4.0 boss. I would make the drops guaranteed off the bp mobs in each of the T zones. Nearly guaranteed off the legs bosses and then scale down from the easier bosses. I would also make it guaranteed off the 3.5 and 4.0 bosses. To help relieve some stress on the lower lvl zones I would also have as a common drop on chests in PoD the v1 and v-upgrades.

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 10:13:01 am »

How about new weapons crafted all/all h2h or 1hb tradeable leveled up via essence and have dmg + procs to keep up with warrior dps of that tier essence? Hope makes sense, I'm still typing on iPhone, not home yet. 

I liked your original Idea of craftable augs through the traders guild. I think the new Augs shouldfit whichever slot is currently utilized by that sucky lifetap aug. The augs should be just like the armor in that it requires your creating the first level and working your way up to Aug V. However, it shouldnt cost millions of plat.

I dont like craftable weapons with procs. I would hope all the time i spend getting my epics would be rewarded by actually using them. DD augs for melee should be enough to bring their Dmg up to par.

I also think that casters need a little love. Nukers should get an Aug with % increase to Spell Damage. Healers should get an Aug with % increase to heals. Nothing huge but a little extra push to help out.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 10:22:27 am »

I also think that casters need a little love. Nukers should get an Aug with % increase to Spell Damage. Healers should get an Aug with % increase to heals. Nothing huge but a little extra push to help out.

I agree that casters do need a bit of loving too. However I think that instead of increasing their healing or damage the cast time should be reduced.

Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 10:24:43 am »

I agree that casters do need a bit of loving too. However I think that instead of increasing their healing or damage the cast time should be reduced.

Fantastic Idea - I Agree

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053