Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:47:23 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Server Mass lag  (Read 17003 times)
Bludlust

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2010, 11:51:12 pm »

Server lag 9:50pm Pacific. might crash...

Everett - Warrior, Fable - Paladin, Bloodlord - Paladin, Kimboslice - Shadowknight, Combatmedic - Cleric, Bludlust - Ranger.
Bludlust

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 02:06:17 am »

again Mass lag 12:05am Pacific Sad

Everett - Warrior, Fable - Paladin, Bloodlord - Paladin, Kimboslice - Shadowknight, Combatmedic - Cleric, Bludlust - Ranger.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 02:12:42 am »

And world server disconnected...

Is the server running out of memory?  The long lag spikes seem like it might be going into swap.  Maybe too many zones and instances running?
kalzin230

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 02:24:32 am »

well according to the server specs we are using 6GB DDR3 memory... I'd suggest maybe plugging in the other 6Slots with another 6GB of ram, also we are using 2 Drives (possibly need to expand this to 4-6 drives or more in a raid 10 configuration... this would enahance read/write capability as well as memory... I sent hunter a PM with the suggestions, We shall see what his responce is...
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 02:26:28 am »

Hey, i'm still online in a guk instance.. i did get the world server disconnect message and obv can't /w all , etc..

Obvious question: will i be able to keep any of the phat lewtz i might farm from now until reboot, or will it poof cuz i'm not connected to world server?

Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
kalzin230

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 02:28:32 am »

The world server simply means that you can't connect anymore zones, or load into any other instance... the instance your in now is stuck... but you should retain your loot and such...
Kushie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 02:45:50 am »

If theres no communication to the server how will the loots be saved?

Bitch please.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 02:49:39 am »

Which is exactly what i was thinking.. Anyone have a definite ruling on this? =/

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
ccarroll85

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 02:52:38 am »

The fact that mobs are respawning and I have been having random nameds spawn in PoD means that communication is still happening between the zone and the server.  So loots will be saved.

Carroll the Tripod - Level 70 ShadowKnight
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 03:30:34 am »

The world process facilitates communication between the zone processes and the login server.  Without it, you can't zone or login, but each zone itself is automomous and connects to the database to know how to spawn monsters, save your loot, etc.
Demin
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 07:12:54 am »

And for heat it's worth, this happened the other night too, and I kept my T3 drops. It was pretty fun knowing that if someone died, they were gone for the night. We ended up just a couple people left on Tranquil and he actually dropped the freaking earring. Hooray for me!
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 10:03:18 am »

I sent hunter a PM with the suggestions, We shall see what his responce is...

I might be taking this way out of context..

BUT HUNTER DOES NOT OWE YOU OR US ANYTHING!

A response, a care, a breath of fresh air...

if this was read out of context, have a nice day.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 10:46:46 am »

I sent hunter a PM with the suggestions, We shall see what his responce is...

I might be taking this way out of context..

BUT HUNTER DOES NOT OWE YOU OR US ANYTHING!

A response, a care, a breath of fresh air...

if this was read out of context, have a nice day.

Blood of the Akkadian
Tanathos

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 11:30:22 am »

well according to the server specs we are using 6GB DDR3 memory... I'd suggest maybe plugging in the other 6Slots with another 6GB of ram, also we are using 2 Drives (possibly need to expand this to 4-6 drives or more in a raid 10 configuration... this would enahance read/write capability as well as memory... I sent hunter a PM with the suggestions, We shall see what his responce is...

HD's in raid really doesn't do anything in terms of SERVER performance for EQemu or any other Emu type game. Server dependency comes from CPU power, while more cores will run better the best solution for a top server box would be quad core server CPU's and decent ram which is what Hunter has.

So the server box configuration is right and good. No need for additional raid config or more ram! Another thing for a good server is bandwidth and hes got that covered also. Latency is low and speeds are super fast.

I would say lag might be an issue from either someone doing something illegal where the server is receiving to many requests for information, perhaps hacking or something. Or some code is slightly off where it creates a performance issue. But I guarantee it is not his server specs.

Overall best server I ever played on and super ridiculous up times with this many people online is awesome. The only thing I can think of now to improve this would be to get the already written script for auto reboot of the server once it goes offline anytime of the day. This script checks connection and if it sees it is not online it will auto reboot the server as soon as it goes offline, usually within 5 to 10 minutes.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 02:16:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure instances are causing this. Our population and guilds are going up, which is also increasing the number of instances being created. An instance takes up a dynamic zones. The number of available dynamic zones is set to whatever I set it. Each one takes about 10-20 megs in RAM while idle. I currently have it set around 100, so that'd take about 1 GB of ram of our 6 GB. We rarely use any more than 1/2 of our 6 GB RAM. I'm pretty sure its when all 100 dyamics are taken up with either uncommon zone that we don't have set to static, or more likely from instances, is when things start to crash.

And yes, more bandwidth would be awsome, but I doubt that caused the crash. We've had worse bandwidth years ago to the point where people would go LD from zoning, yet we still remained connected to the login server.

Might end up changing instances from guild instances to 1-2 public instances to limit the number of instances taking up the dynamics, or just add 100 more dynamics lol.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053