Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:45:50 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: EZ Server now supports SoD Client!  (Read 96903 times)
skinnytick

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2010, 03:01:32 am »

edit* I hate UAC ... *grumbles about stupid Admin crap in uac preventing install
Found what i needed to find, had to read the emu forums a few times to locate it but ... wow i hate windows 7, its the same security headache as vista with the uac ... personaly if i clicked the f'n file apparently i want to take the rick of fricken opening it.
FRICKEN DO WHAT I TELL YOU TO YOU MICROSOFT DISASTER

/rant off

Control panel > User's Accounts > Change User Accounts Control Settings > Turn off

No more annoying pop-ups when you install stuff
Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2010, 06:35:44 am »

DL done. I'll continue seeding. Will test it when I get off from work.
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2010, 06:56:40 am »

edit* I hate UAC ... *grumbles about stupid Admin crap in uac preventing install
Found what i needed to find, had to read the emu forums a few times to locate it but ... wow i hate windows 7, its the same security headache as vista with the uac ... personaly if i clicked the f'n file apparently i want to take the rick of fricken opening it.
FRICKEN DO WHAT I TELL YOU TO YOU MICROSOFT DISASTER

/rant off

Control panel > User's Accounts > Change User Accounts Control Settings > Turn off

No more annoying pop-ups when you install stuff

and if you dont want to completely disable UAC, the lowest seeting (not off) works good too... or simply right click the setup file and "run as administrator"

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2010, 09:29:27 am »

Do we need a valid e-mail for every single account we box?
b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2010, 09:52:35 am »

Yeah you do, but u still login with your usual login name.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:56:21 am by b33tlejuice » Logged
Happex

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 10:29:09 am »

ok so i set lsinfo used my email i used for emu forums and such but when i get to login screen i get invalid user/password error
I brokedded it .... again
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 10:34:07 am »

you loggin in with email or username?
And why the email? do we have to confirm anything?

Still downloading for me so I didnt try yet.... lots of peers... 1 to 0  seeder heh

I guess we are all sharing the same torrents since its the only one i found haha

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 11:04:38 am »

Got it working. Logging into my first character now. The torrent is indeed working.
Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 11:22:56 am »

Seems as though it uses almost double the amount of memory with the settings identical to my titanium client (disabled models and etc.). For boxing especially when I'm using my laptop it would seem as though this may not be an option.

Hmm this happening for the others using SoD?
Tacticulous

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 12:34:03 pm »

Seems as though it uses almost double the amount of memory with the settings identical to my titanium client (disabled models and etc.). For boxing especially when I'm using my laptop it would seem as though this may not be an option.

Interesting. I always heard it was just the opposite.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2010, 12:37:18 pm »

Supposedly only the first instance uses more memory and each additional uses substantially less, I haven't tested it myself yet.
Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2010, 12:57:41 pm »

Had two boxes running each eating up between 500-600MB rather than my WinEQ box loaded up with the titanium client sitting pretty at 250.
b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2010, 01:28:03 pm »

well, Sony only tried to copy what wineq did, and they failed cuz i was gettin the same stuff, not to mention on my monk a lot of the skills were being lame and giving me the *invalid DB String* crap and some of my skills that worked with other skillz (like quick feet & fists of wu for example) just wouldnt work together where on titanium they worked just fine in unison. Guess its all about running SoD with wineq (if that can be done, havent tried it yet)
adamalh
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2010, 02:26:56 pm »

I can verify that SOD is using significantly more memory than titanium was.  There also seems to be another issue, we aren't able to add anybody to our friend's list using SOD client.  I've spoken to some others on the server using SOD and they have the same issue.

We are also unable to copy our UI from an existing SOD character to another one, when doing so it says there's an error and the other UI file does not exist.

Seems promising, but still quite buggy.
Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2010, 02:37:56 pm »

I can verify that SOD is using significantly more memory than titanium was.  There also seems to be another issue, we aren't able to add anybody to our friend's list using SOD client.  I've spoken to some others on the server using SOD and they have the same issue.

We are also unable to copy our UI from an existing SOD character to another one, when doing so it says there's an error and the other UI file does not exist.

Seems promising, but still quite buggy.

Having all the sames issues

Can't copy UI
Friends list not working

and again the memory usage is up there.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125