Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:05:00 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Fix Class Roles  (Read 10951 times)
Icarus327

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2010, 09:49:01 pm »

Seems like the class roles in late game are overrun by a select few classes.
 for instance, warriors are the best DPS late game AND the best tanks, i'd suggest reducing their DPS greatly and bring them back to more of a tanking class. Casters are overshadowed by their pets, either make the pets weaker or make the spells stronger. just a few but hopefully a way to get ur mind on the path i was thinking of.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 10:06:56 pm »

Well Hunter is working on balancing out EZ server, but also he's making it the way he envisions. Im not sure how long you've been on EZ but new people tend to think they can just come onto the server for a month or so, and suggest/ demand changes to make the server "better".
Not saying its what you're doing exactly, just happens to be a trend.
Rather that tell us all what the problem is, think of solutions to attach to it. Warriors are Best Tank and DPS? (which is a lie, but going with it) Suggest how to lower their DPS, while boosting other classes usefulness. Rob the cloth pet classes of their only perk? Give us a way to make up for potentially destroying them.
Its easy to just toss out random stuff, assuming other people will fix it up pretty for ya.

Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 10:11:09 pm »

Sorry, as for the balance indeed, propose fixes and tweaks to both sides instead of asking just one or the other. If one can potentially lose effectiveness of a 3.0 pet, my spells better take a huge jump (beastlord) or else I'd become even more gimp endgame then normal. So how would you propose setting it straight?

Or perhaps, if the tanks tank too well (from what I gathered) if you're going to nerf damage, you must make up for it in the fact they'll /never/ lose hate, or something along those lines.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 10:13:04 pm by Blackee » Logged

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 12:36:19 pm »

Bah dont nerf the warriors lol... my dps is so high that I can actually kill a high end named with high regen... *SARCASM*... I can if my wizard nuke the hell out of him too...  Roll Eyes

The dps suck on my war but does tank like a god. 

You want high dps? Geez I see many times people criting in high 4k-5k many times in a row... and pets too... I never seen a warrior do that.

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 07:53:37 pm »

ranger bow crits 25k from time to time

Necosi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 02:14:44 pm »

Warriors are Best Tank and DPS? (which is a lie, but going with it)

He might have seen what I saw the other day which was a discussion in /ooc where folks, who many of you refer to as 'server veterans', were stating that 3.0 Warriors put out the best melee DPS.

In fact, the common theme in that entire discussion (from the majority of the responses) was to 'play what you like, but you're wasting your time if it's not a Warrior or Mage'.

Siccwilly Darkmind - Barbarian Berserker
Snaekize - Iksar Beastlord
Dhuka Vhurl - Dwarf Paladin
Daggum

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 02:30:40 pm »

What bow/arrow are you using?!?  Tongue  I have seen max 16.7k crits with TS running.   Max without is 8,970 with champion.  That is with 3.0 bow and tacvi arrow (and over 2400 atk).

qualin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 02:33:28 pm »

I'm curious as to how this occurs, what gear, etc.

I crit for 8562 Max.  That's on a stationary, non rooted mob.  I have 3.0 Epic bow, all ranger AA, and Tacvi arrow.  Every hour or so I can use my Trueshot Discipline that doubles bow damage for 2-3 minutes, making my max crit 16,780 something.

All in all, I parse out to be about 3.8k DPS with out my disc.  I'm T1 geared, Cleave VI, and Brawler charm 7 (heh~)
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 03:08:45 pm »

Warrior with full 3.0 ..PoD augs and Sorc charm are pure killers.

But BL with t4 pet buff is probably the best DPS on he server right now. Of course he cant tank like a warrior=).

Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 04:36:01 pm »

But BL with t4 pet buff is probably the best DPS on he server right now. Of course he cant tank like a warrior=).

Selling my soul for that spell from t4. Or my left nut. Or firstborn child. Or all of them. Heck, I might even Kaiji it out and bet four of my fingers too. It'd be worth it!

/Blackee is a Beastlord.

Karbuk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 01:10:15 pm »

Classes are pretty much fine...just need to beef up a few of the weaker ones...and i have a 3.0 ranger they wont hit for 25k damage Tongue, with trueshot like 16.5k....and these supposedly OP warriors you see are heavily PoD geared among other things and running around killing stuff in qvic and you cry...a warrior isnt the only one who can solo/duo in qvic with PoD+ gear
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 02:12:19 pm »

Seems like the class roles in late game are overrun by a select few classes.
 for instance, warriors are the best DPS late game AND the best tanks, i'd suggest reducing their DPS greatly and bring them back to more of a tanking class. Casters are overshadowed by their pets, either make the pets weaker or make the spells stronger. just a few but hopefully a way to get ur mind on the path i was thinking of.

You never played a warrior to say that ... its easy to do more dps than a warrior ... rogue, ranger, monk, mage, beastlord ... all of those at least do more damage than a warrior 3.0 with PoD T1 Stuff ... so please dont lower them, they already are enough low dps  Shocked
OGFemme

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 02:17:49 pm »

Padme, Icarus is right. WAR's with at least Sorc Focus II and 4 Aug IV's out dps most classes.

And Icarus, WARs already had their DMG Aug's nerfed by -50% and -66% on IV and V respectively. The GM has already said many times "play a warrior then"

Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 04:44:13 pm »

Lets beef up warriors, mages and clerics.

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 05:09:10 pm »

i for one like seeing the war class getting some respect.
8 years of live and the war was a gimp.
Nice to see those who play those chars get some fun on EZ.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 179
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)