Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:08:56 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: T5 Daily Dungeon Live & Summoner's Bag FINALLY Live!  (Read 22826 times)
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 03:34:22 pm »

+1 on that Anuli
spuddson

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 04:08:45 pm »

Thanks Hate been dreaming of that bag for ages. xx
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 05:11:10 pm »

Or 12 hours... like the GC !

Keeze
Claytin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 07:42:19 pm »

Just a quick suggestion here Hate, what about making the lock out 23 hours? I ask because for some people (like myself) playtime Windows are small. I can play from about 8-11pm. If I do the expedition at 8, finish at 8:30, repeat next day at 8:30, after a couple days I will have to skip a day cuz I can't start it at 11+. Alternatively, people with unlimited play Windows are not benefitting extensively from that extra hour. After 23 days of completing them exactly 23 hours later, they've gotten 1 more go thru than normal.

Anuli

So we should punish those who have more time to play cuz you gots a jobby job?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 07:57:59 pm »

Just a quick suggestion here Hate, what about making the lock out 23 hours? I ask because for some people (like myself) playtime Windows are small. I can play from about 8-11pm. If I do the expedition at 8, finish at 8:30, repeat next day at 8:30, after a couple days I will have to skip a day cuz I can't start it at 11+. Alternatively, people with unlimited play Windows are not benefitting extensively from that extra hour. After 23 days of completing them exactly 23 hours later, they've gotten 1 more go thru than normal.

Anuli

Not to jump you Anuli, but that is the entire reason FOR the dungeon. Chance at bonuses without the time sink, once per day. It's possible to clear the dungeon in a matter of moments and potentially get 5 boss kill credits. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 08:19:58 pm »

Tsukasa (in Nexus) will now given armor for ONE armor card, down from four

Very nice!

Not to jump you Anuli, but that is the entire reason FOR the dungeon. Chance at bonuses without the time sink, once per day. It's possible to clear the dungeon in a matter of moments and potentially get 5 boss kill credits. :-)

I agree with Anuli - it would be great if the expeditions had a 20-23hr lock out timer. I have about 45minutes of play time before work and it would be awesome if I could devote that to the expeditions during that same time frame every day. I know that WoW (OH GOD WOW) resets dailies at a certain time early in the morning every day so if you do the dailies at 10pm or 10am you're still able to do them at 10am the following day when you have time to play. I think you misunderstood what Anuli was saying hate, he is not criticizing the idea of daily dungeons, but asking for the timers to be more accommodating to people's schedules so they can really serve the purpose you have for them.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:26:13 pm by Hulkpunch » Logged
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 09:00:38 pm »

23 hour lockout so that you can play at 8pm every single day - 24 hour would mean you could play at 8pm Monday, then 9:00 Tuesday, 10:00 Wednesday, etc... since it takes an hour to clear the dungeon (or however long it takes) and eventually you have to skip a day once that time difference grows too large... unless this time resets with server reset, in which case the point is moot.

I like the changes. I've been super confused for a lot of them, but I enjoyed the crawl Smiley Well done Hate.

- Darpey

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2014, 09:10:18 pm »

I agree with Anuli - it would be great if the expeditions had a 20-23hr lock out timer. I have about 45minutes of play time before work and it would be awesome if I could devote that to the expeditions during that same time frame every day. I know that WoW (OH GOD WOW) resets dailies at a certain time early in the morning every day so if you do the dailies at 10pm or 10am you're still able to do them at 10am the following day when you have time to play. I think you misunderstood what Anuli was saying hate, he is not criticizing the idea of daily dungeons, but asking for the timers to be more accommodating to people's schedules so they can really serve the purpose you have for them.

I don't think you understand what I was getting at. The point of adding the dungeons is TO accommodate people with limited play time. I'm not keen on immediately accommodating those that are inconvenienced by a less efficient accommodation. :-)

-Hate

Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 09:15:53 pm »

Okay but people with limited play time that are only able to play 8am-9am every single day wont be able to do the daily dungeons consecutively because the lockout timer is 24hours; therefore, it is the current system that is inefficient. Like I said, it really is not a huge issue but seems like a logical thing to address.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 09:33:25 pm by Hulkpunch » Logged
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2014, 12:05:43 am »

Right, I like the idea of it being once per day, its great! And no, making it a 23 hour lock out doesn't punish ppl who have unlimited play time lol.
Like Darpey said, if its 24 hours, and I start it when i get home at 8 monday, then finish it in 30 minutes, I can start 8:30 tuesday, then 9 wednesday, then 9:30 thursday, then on sunday i cant do it that day cuz id have to start at 11. with a 23 hour lockout, I can start at 8 monday, finish in 30 minutes, then when i get home tuesday, i can start again at 8 (technically 7:30 but the point is i wont be doing it until 8 anyway).

I definitely wasn't suggesting less than a days lockout. I thought 23 hours was a good time frame because that extra hour allows someone with an inflexible schedule to do the dungeon at the same time every day, but still only once per day.

-Anuli
Baylin

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2014, 12:20:51 am »

If it is a daily, why not make it reset at reboot so it doesn't matter what time you do it. Can still only do it once per day. Or would that create an issue if the server crashes or is taken down for maintenance?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2014, 02:08:10 am »

If it is a daily, why not make it reset at reboot so it doesn't matter what time you do it. Can still only do it once per day. Or would that create an issue if the server crashes or is taken down for maintenance?

Daily reboots won't happen too much longer. ;-)

-Hate

Baylin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2014, 07:26:37 am »

Daily reboots won't happen too much longer. ;-)

-Hate

Sweet...though only midly inconvenient to my gaming
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2014, 08:03:33 am »

Got to try the new T5 dungeon last night, liking it.  I absolutely hated T5 so I'm glad there is something to help speed the back flagging.

I would love to see the timer be shorter as well, even if it is 23hrs as others have suggested so you aren't pushed back to doing it later and later each date.

Can't wait to get my hands on the summoner's bag, but hoping to finish off back flagging first now. 

Thanks for the hard work guys.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2014, 11:44:22 am »

Did my first run in the t5...fun ..short and sweet with excellent essence drop rate...

this will make back-farming essence so much nicer....not all at once .. but if you do your "daily" you should never want for the low tier essence.... good stuff!

IF i was smart I would log in 1 toon farm 5 or 10 sls...then run out and do the t5 dungeon
then log on a couple more toons and do the t2-4 dungeon...

then log on the rest of my boxes and do whatever relevant content I wanted...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 256