Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:46:22 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: T2 Guide Needed  (Read 11981 times)
Gunther

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2010, 07:45:53 am »

Can anyone provide some insight as to what expect when turning in that first crystal for T2?

Toons and HP's needed?
How many different mobs can pop?
Blind? Root? DoT? AoE? Adds?
Tips for fighting Kronos?

Any help is appreciated.
Thalia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 10:13:15 am »

How many different mobs can pop?

This is the same as T1 each mob that pops will have a certain armor type on them like legs,bp,arms,bracers,hands and feet.

Blind? Root? DoT? AoE? Adds?

Every boss that spawns will pop adds during the fight.Expect Kronos he will spawn 2 adds at a time. and watch out from the Giant fish guy he stuns like crazy.

Tips for fighting Kronos?

Find the real one right away if you have a pet class there the pet will go to the real one since he is the only on that does an ae.
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 03:03:37 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

Sounds a lot like T1 spawns with adds.

Do the T2 bosses hit any harder? I think the hardest I was ever hit by a T1 was 21K beofre I had any T1 armor.

How many HP's on main tank to survive? 100K min?
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 05:44:38 pm »

They best way to know how well you will fare against a T2 boss is to spawn one.

In my experience the T2 crystals are much easier to get than the T1 crystals.

I dont recall how many hps i had on my tank when i first started doing T2 but I know it was less than 100k. I had full T1, RoA 30 and Guardian 15 when i started to tank T2. I had 1 pally and 1 Clr. The CLR i had in my second half full group and single targeted my Tank. It was enough.

The bigger problem was all my other chars had a bigger chance of dying than my tank. A couple of the AEs hit very hard if you dont have the HPs to take them you may lose a few people. Ramps could also hurt a bit starting out.

Something to point out that might catch you off guard - Expect minibosses to spawn from the adds the spawn during the fight. Especially with Kronos.

Since you dont want to waste any Kronos Spawns i will give you another tip to getting the right kronos in case you dont have any pets.

Drop any target you have on one of your DPS characters. On the first AE that character will pick up the correct target.

Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 07:35:29 am »

Thanksfor the tips!

I'm almost done gearing up my group with T1. Will report back on how we do this weekend hopefully.
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 08:29:10 am »

Also depends on your healing.  Short of a damage spike and getting one shot, you'll fare better with more healing until your gear progresses.

Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 08:40:25 am »

Also depends on your healing.  Short of a damage spike and getting one shot, you'll fare better with more healing until your gear progresses.

Gonna try it w/ War, War, Pally, Pally, Cleric.

Leaves me with room for one more if needed. Another Cleric?
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 10:28:35 am »

I would suggest another WAR for more DPS. Your Stonewall is going to be your crutch starting out in T2. When it drops in the middle of the fight the risk of wiping goes up considerably. The faster you can drop the boss the better off you will be.

With 1 Pally and 1 CLR the healling was enough for my group. Im betting 2 pally's and 1 CLR will be plenty even starting out. It wont be long before your CLR wont have to do anything during T2 fights. I wouldnt recommend adding another CLR.

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 10:42:03 am »

Yeah when I first started T2 I used 2 wars 2 ranger and 2 clerics.  I then progressed to 3 warriors and 3 clerics which seemed to work best for me.  If you have anymore questions just send em to my warrior named Boshog I'll be glad to help answer your questions.

Poop
Aname
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 10:12:48 am »

T2 Bosses:

Seth - Wrists
Alfadir - Legs
Mentu - Gloves
Okeanos - Helm
Kronos - BP
Imsety - Feet
Thur - Arms

Edit - we take down all bosses with Warr/Cleric/Pally x2/Ranger.  Warr/Ranger - full T2.   Pallys most T2.  Cleric - full T1
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 10:14:52 am by Aname » Logged
Microdia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 10:48:40 am »

My little group is a pal/war/clr/rng/bst/mag.  Works really well and has a ton of dps. Use the bst to drop adds as they spawn unless a mini pops then I'll pull more than one dps off at a time.  If it gets hairy disc the bst pet and the adds drop like flies.  If the warrior happens to bite it I have a paladin backup tank.   This is with a 3.0 chanter and shaman outside of group for buffs.
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 07:51:48 am »

Well I gave it a few tries last week and had overall success. I didn't even use a Cleric.

2 Warriors, 2 Pally's = 3 kills and 1 wipe at the Earth Tiki.

All of em went down in about 4-5 minute fight exept for one mob (Imseti I think? or was it Mentu?) who kept respawning as himself as well as multiple adds.

Later on Killswitch joined up with me and we finished off Imseti and a few other bosses. Later we tried using an Ice Crystal and boom, Kronos Spawn. Way difficult for me at this time. Not enough DPS to finish the fight before stonewall wears off.

I Just want to thank everyone for their input. I had an idea of what to expect and look forward to going back for more.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 10:03:23 am »

Something to think about.

Say you go 3 Warriors and 3 Clerics. When your farming T2 armor, you get 1 in 16 class of armor to drop. If you always need the Warrior Armor, then there are going to be a lot of other classes rotting before you gear up all your Warriors.

If you have 6 different classes, you'll gear up your whole group quicker with less rots.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Ummn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 07:05:06 pm »

I use 2 Warriors, Pally, and 2 Clerics as a base then use mage for 6th to CotH my other chars to loot rots. . . my Warrior tank is full T2 and RoA 60 and Sorc 25, and has full 1khp augs. As it sits right now with both clerics and pally i don't need to pop stonewall at all during fight.  Healing gets tricky boxing that many tho  take practice.  Find a good guildie that is comfortable with T2 to go with you the first time just in case, first time i EVER handed in a T2 crystal i set everything up got everyone positioned and clerics on 2nd screen ready and turn in to Kronos. . .   lucky i was t earth and guildies were at ice so they killed it and i gave up for a bit hehe
Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 01:46:33 am »

2 thing's I've noticed that might offer some help..

1, when the bosses that cast their AE stun, it seems that it also stuns the mobs themselves. At least that's what it looks like whenever I get them, and also during this time if you were to have a cleric, you would have to recast, where as having a paladin they have a chance to heal right after the stun wears off.

2, Oracle charms seem to scale the healing part of the paladin epic proc much better than they help out the Cleric's healing, im guessing from just how the formula is made, but then again I rarely use my cleric's so maybe I was missing something >.<

Personally I geared all my toons in T2 without a cleric, but I'm sure I'll be needing them in T3, although haven't tried a boss yet lol

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053