Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:13:48 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Swamphy's PoD Drop charts (guide to PoD Augments)  (Read 38350 times)
Moriah

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 03:37:42 pm »

Thanks for all the information.

I interestingly enough have war/pal/clr/bst as my main 4 box.  Now you might laugh at the bst but it is my main always has been and always will be.  I'll quit the server before I give up on my beast, meaning if the content is so biased that a beast can't hang, unfortunately I will part ways with EZ.  So be it, my time was enjoyable either way.

I don't intend to be in T2 until I have ALL pieces from T1 on my toons (including a ranger/bard/druid/and maybe shaman), and lots of Fallen Lord's stuff (including some unity/war pieces I've purchased).  I actually enjoy the "collecting" aspect of it, as long as stuff keeps dropping that makes my toons better.  My shaman is even full tacvi geared even though all she is is a buff bot!  I try to enjoy playing rather than playing all the time to get ahead, even if it takes me a little longer.

So while I'm not opposed to creating a 2nd warrior for off tanks, I'll go until I am forced to do so.  In the meantime my beast can tank qvic/tacvi bosses as he's been spoiled more than the ordinary boxing beastlord, I doubt anyone else on the server has a RoA rank 45 on a beastlord eh?  Often when my party wipes, my beastlord finishes off the hoard and is the only one surviving! Ha!

Anyway, again very thankful for the information, always nice to know what to expect even if I do just end up wiping which is likely the case, so be it!  Lots of T1 to do still, I've barely wet my appetite and already my warrior has 7 of her 8 armor pieces!  Starting to gear my pally and enjoying the ride!

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 03:58:10 pm »

nonono you misunderstand, man.

A beastlord is just more "work" in T1/T2 keeping the pet alive, it's not the "ideal" (tm)  form of afk-dps like a rogue or monk or ranger would be. Thats all i was implying, A beast works just fine, it's just not as EZ mode as some of the other options.

To someone starting out, it's better *advice* to have them focus on a warrior first, add a pally for healing (or vice versa)... and then go crazy with the others. RoA is a double edged sword: 45 on a beast is epic, but it'd be better served on the warrior... and yet.. it's the warrior that allowed you to bang out 47-70 over and over on the BST -- I think you start to understand the "sekret reazon" ppl have two warriors in their box army. Need second WAR to ROA the first.

But obviously you don't "need" to create a second warrior for offtanking if T2 is your goal: pally will offtank and hold off-aggro just fine wth Dread Gaze. But yeah, if you are striving for T3 you'll need a 2nd warrior.. GJ on already having a cleric.

And if you are one of the many that just enjoys gearing up 20 toons through T2, that's fine too. Smiley It's all about having fun.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 03:59:43 pm by Ponzi » Logged

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Moriah

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 07:22:26 pm »

Funny, you assume it's the warrior that does the RoAing...I use the bard both for 1-47 and for pofire.  And in fact, I think a bard can out DPS a warrior, although I'll probably get plenty of hate for saying so. 

I have timed it and to do 2 toons simultaneously (my beast and warrior) from 1-70 it takes about 45-50 minutes.  And that's competing for pulls in public pofire.  So that's only 20-25 minutes per toon! I am counting time from when I turn in rings, buffing, porting, etc, until I ding 70 on both toons.  For one, I don't think warriors can do it much faster than that (20-25min per toon) and for two, this is with a bard with ONLY 26k hps AFTER a 10k shaman buff.

The inherent problem overall is the anger augs make warriors the obvious choice for PLing, farming charms in LDON, etc.  And everyone ALWAYS gears out the warriors the best too.  I'd be interested to see what a bard could do with similar gear as all these warriors, but alas, everyone is stuck in the war/pal rut to ever find out.

But we've digressed from the original topic...
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 07:26:14 pm »

I have a T2 geared Bard and a half-T2 geared warrior. The warrior OWNS the bard in PoFire powerleveling.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 07:38:54 pm »

Thats a great point Moriah makes that i never considered: An undergeared bard could be a great compromise to fully gearing out a warrior for the purpose of RoAing.

This is why it's fun to bring back up these old topics with fresh blood giving points of view on em. Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 08:49:07 pm »

and for two, this is with a bard with ONLY 26k hps AFTER a 10k shaman buff.

Just wanted to know if your bard has 3.0s?

I was wondering if a very very (1.0-1.5 epic) under-geared bard could handle PLing RoA in good time, or is it not worth trying until they get a set of 3.0's?
Moriah

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 09:06:46 pm »

Yes, dual 3.0s. With 3.0s you have at least 2k regen and an 1100 damage shield, which enables you to pull a fair amount of mobs.  Toss in a druid epic heal (6k for mine with oracle and focus of healing) and you have quite the PLer.

But before you have a warrior with anger augs, and before you are 3.0d with a bard, or any other class.  Really the best PLers for pofire are pet classes imo.  My brother was using my beastlord for RoA before we ever made my bard or had 3.0s for that matter.  The better the pet, the easier obviously. It's not the 10 to 15 minute PL of a war but it gets the job done.
hexorcist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 01:32:34 pm »

Big big thanks Swamphy for the info on this thread .

I have just gained access to Crafters guild and am currently farming away in PoD.
This guide is a fantastic help.

Cheers !

Okrana Nightcrawler - Paladin
Anarko Nightcrawler - Mage
Juicylucy Nightcrawler- Paladin
Insania Nightcrawler - Warrior
Narko Nightcrawler - Paladin
Niburu Nightcrawler - Enchanter
Hexorcist Nightcrawler - Necro

Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2010, 02:21:58 pm »

Yay Swampy!

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 01:19:54 am »

great thread...
bump /sticky etc etc

One thing tho, mispelled "Ruby".... took me a while to figure out why I could never get "Liquified Ryb" to drop! =)

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 282