Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 08:32:49 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: New Content  (Read 88200 times)
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2016, 12:02:30 am »

before we start talking about a new zone with no COH make sure its not some thread the needle type dungeon where I am going to spend half my day trying to find lost bots.....aight? thanks

Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2016, 08:37:17 am »

No coh is lame

bridgitx

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2016, 10:49:46 am »

I dont see the point when most of you can 1-4 pull all of tov. With the ability to repop your own instances. If this new zone makes it easier for someone in tov im all for it.. But backfarming is supposed to be a pita. A dragon type drop for armor upgrades would be much more helpful to keep newer players. Instead of farming 20+ aarys to get the last random piece needed. Waypoint required..

Im sure there are other more pressing issues. My enchanter pet still procs randomly for 250,000,000 damage.
Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2016, 01:12:02 pm »

I see mostly suggestions from people in t10 which a a small fraction of the player base (although important part). Being that t10 is the highest tier I would figure it would be the hardest grind. Now t5 is something else entirely, it is mid tier and a grind fest. I find myself dreading it and for the most part have been ignoring it. Not because my toons can't handle it, but rather because it takes hours (at least for me) to clear. Can there be some alternative? Also I noticed that the drops rates for essences is low in tofs levels 2 and 3. I've probably farmed level 2 for a combined 15 hours and had only one drop. CT drops are also a bit out of wack. Can we raise armor drops and lower spell drops? Killing 20 mobs only to get 8 spells drop and one armor drop bites.

I know fixes and new content usually caters to the elite, but it would be nice if mid tier players get some love too. I want to see t6 t7 etc...but as it goes its going to take me months solo to get past t5. I wouldn't mind so much if the zone itself wasn't a pain and the number of bosses tuned down.

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2016, 01:36:04 pm »

T5 is supposed to be a wall, it stops players who think this server is easy dead in their tracks. If clear times are your goal, you might want to try grouping up with others who need it. Or if you lack the dps to clear it in a reasonable amount of time, you might want to look at getting your strikes. Higher tiers are not going to be easier, they will continue to get harder.

People are talking about T10 because its not the normal tier power inflation. Its more like double the normal power inflation, and thats a steep climb for anyone who can't throw numbers at it.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2016, 02:40:36 pm »

Yes I'm well aware of it purpose as a bottleneck, but its been years since t5 came out, I believe a re-tweeking is in order or maybe alternative route similar to how tofs is put in to help relieve Ldon farming. Don't get me wrong I don't want anything handed to me, just want to at least enjoy the experience. Grouping with others doesn't happen often, usually everyone wants to join their own instances, and I rather not ride on someone elses coat tails to get boss kills. I'm not saying to do away with t5, just either ease the boss count kills, increase the boss rate pops or have an alternate route. There are other players on this server besides people in t10, it would be nice to have new content for them.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 02:43:32 pm by Soakked » Logged

Pippens *Muffin Time*

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2016, 07:17:13 pm »

I believe a re-tweeking is in order or maybe alternative route similar to how tofs is put in to help relieve Ldon farming. Don't get me wrong I don't want anything handed to me, just want to at least enjoy the experience.

Gutchecks are important. T5 purposely stops you and FORCES you to consider things like resists, DPS, max pull, etc. I can honestly say, looking back at the nightmarish amount of time it took me to get through T5 (and it was FAR FAR harder when many of us did it than it is now) that it was time well spent. It MADE me get my team prepped for T6 and beyond, and in ways beyond just the armor sets and epics. T5 needs to stay the way that it is IMO.

Alternatives to things like LDON or HoH for UC in ToFS and perhaps eventually T6 and T8 for further UC are a bit different, and we arent asking it to make things any faster or easier (in fact we'd be completely happy if backfarming alternatives to T6 and T8 were HARDER, just an alternative....as it is with ToFS). ToFS is definitely more difficult for the same charm upgrades than LDoN or HoH.

So with that in mind, sure, I'd be fine with a shortcut to T5....if it were as hard as T7.

And I know you may not have been around for it, but as I stated, T5 has BEEN retweaked numerous times...and in general its been made easier by far.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2016, 07:31:28 pm »

Yeah for sure, lots of things have gotten easier since I left a few years ago. Charm rates, gear, ROA just to name a few. ROA was a nightmare before lol and so was farming charms. I get the checkpoint, its not the difficulty thats the issue is 100 boss count. But I understand what you are saying. I just thought it would be nice to get new content mid tier.

Pippens *Muffin Time*

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2016, 09:17:47 pm »

Abyss absolutely needs boss spawn rates increased. 90% of it is fine, getting those last 10 bosses is not fun. I personally spent a couple million pp repopping instances...

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2016, 12:44:50 pm »

yea hands off T5 .... it does its job....

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2016, 12:29:56 pm »

no when Hunter originally designed Abyss he thought that would literally be the last and final custom tier. he wanted it to take basically forever... now T5 is only half way thru the custom content. let it go. the water stuff and corals is frustrating, but ok. what's not acceptable is basically requiring people to buy a $100 item to finish a mid-level tier in a reasonable time (or spend half their plat)

also Loping/T7 needs vampire bat spawn rates seriously increased. you can clear 3/4 of the zone (2-3 hours with level-appropriate toons) and get 0 bats. traps need to spawn bats about 30% of the time (up from ~5% now?) and trash needs to spawn bats 5-10% (up from probably 1% now)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 12:33:45 pm by walk2k » Logged

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2016, 01:27:58 pm »

if you nerf T5 you are going to have to nerf every zone after t5 because the players won't be ready... the entire 5 next tiers are based on someone tooling up to get past t5......so if you nerf it....you will fuck the rest of the content....its not that bad....if the free players don't want to pony up to play this FREE game....then I guess.... life is just hard....but if they value their time...like I do.....they will buy the few items they need...to make life easy... and then they won't cry about it being soooo hard...

I have run t5 start to finish a dozen times..... remaking toons....you may need some perspective.

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2016, 01:37:05 pm »

T5 is fine, and can be done without the free waypoint. I wouldn't object to a tiny increase in spawn rates on the triggers but I am hardly talking about the nerf they want.

T7 is fine. A proper group with decent dps should have no problem spawning and killing bats. You have a limited understanding of how that zone works. You should take the time to work on your dps and come up with a strategy that works for you.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Fecs

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2016, 03:10:20 pm »

if you nerf T5 you are going to have to nerf every zone after t5 because the players won't be ready... the entire 5 next tiers are based on someone tooling up to get past t5.

This isn't even remotely the case - there is currently not that big of a power gap between the content in those tiers (until t9/10) compared to the power increases you see from loot. UC2 and T7 BP on warrior are both huge upgrades.

And unlike t5, t7 doesn't punish you for failing to full clear the zone before respawns; yes i know the punish in t5 is indirect because you can target specific mob types but the randomness of those boss triggers is still an issue.

And it's entirely possible to full clear T7 seeing 0-3 bats, it's just not likely.

The only thing T5 FORCES you to learn, is how to be annoyed with perma rooted mobs under water.
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2016, 03:21:43 pm »

A simple unroot of the corals would be sufficient to allow higher geared players to clear T5 quicker while an on par team won't be able to pull any additional mobs than their team allows.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 183