Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:28:36 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SoD and Chat Channels/Friend/Ignore  (Read 3346 times)
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2010, 03:21:16 am »

I finally tested chat channels, /friend and /ignore on my server on SoD and they worked just fine.  It made my wonder at first why people on EZ said they weren't working.  Then, Derision mentioned that it is probably because EZ is using the old chatserver instead of the new UCS (Universal Chat Server), which handles chat channels and mail for all clients.  The old one only works for Titanium.  In Titanium /friend and /ignore are stored on the client, but in SoF/SoD, they are stored server-side and rely on UCS to work at all.

So, this post is most for Hunter so he can get it updated to use UCS if he wants.  I figured I would post instead of PMing him, just so the players here know that they work fine on SoD, it just needs to be setup on EZ.

Here is the info for the UCS.  If you have chat channels already setup, I assume you have mail setup too.  If so, making the switch to use the UCS is pretty simple and quick:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=UCS

Lemme know if you have any questions or issues.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 03:26:17 am by Trevius » Logged
greasy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 10:18:13 pm »

Any plans to get this working on EZ?

Greasy - mage
Ground - beastlord
International - Ranger
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 10:33:05 pm »

I finally tested chat channels, /friend and /ignore on my server on SoD and they worked just fine.  It made my wonder at first why people on EZ said they weren't working.  Then, Derision mentioned that it is probably because EZ is using the old chatserver instead of the new UCS (Universal Chat Server), which handles chat channels and mail for all clients.  The old one only works for Titanium.  In Titanium /friend and /ignore are stored on the client, but in SoF/SoD, they are stored server-side and rely on UCS to work at all.

So, this post is most for Hunter so he can get it updated to use UCS if he wants.  I figured I would post instead of PMing him, just so the players here know that they work fine on SoD, it just needs to be setup on EZ.

Here is the info for the UCS.  If you have chat channels already setup, I assume you have mail setup too.  If so, making the switch to use the UCS is pretty simple and quick:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=UCS

Lemme know if you have any questions or issues.

Hunter uses Windows. Therefore, there's still the Windows crash issue regarding UCS.

Sorry Trev Sad
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053