Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:25:55 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Question About SoD  (Read 4300 times)
Number XIII: Roxas

Number XIII Roxas. The Keyblade's Chosen One

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2010, 12:37:48 pm »

Ok i have a few questions about Sod.

First Question: Do i need the sod from steam? Or can i use the one form the store that people use to update the game? Like the CD. And since iv use it on my official account do i just need to copy my EQ folder and and tell my game to update and download the SoD files?

Second Question: Are the Drakkens going to be usable on the ez server. And can i get what people think of the drakken race. I like them and think there better that the other races.

Third(sp) Question: Will you rise the Lvl Cap to 85? Or leave it as is?

And that's about it.   
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 03:54:07 pm »

1. You HAVE to get the client from Steam. That version is the one the devs are working on coding to work for the servers, thus if you got an older version (with less things to code) or newer version (with more things that need coded) those version wouldn't match up with the code in the server and would be incompatible. No there is no way to downgrade an existing SoD Live client either.

2. Drakkins may or may not be usable. They are not atm but Hunter needs to patch something in to make it so they are. Also before you ask, ONLY SoF/SoD clients will even see the Drakkin. Titanium clients will see it as a Human. There is a way for Titanium clients to see the Drakkin race (or any other non-Titanium race for that matter) which requires moving the model files and anything related (sounds etc) from the SoF/SoD client directory into the Titanium directory then adding it to your GlobalLoad.txt file. However unless you have both clients on hand that would require distributing client files which Emu does not allow.

3. A lot of people don't seem to realize something. Unlike Live, changing clients on Emu does not
1. Add AAs.
2. Raise the level cap
These are handled server side. Thus if Hunter wanted to change the cap to 85 he would however honestly think about that for a moment. The current content is set up for lvl 70 toons. lvl 85 is 15 levels ahead of our current content. That would require either setting up an ass-ton of new content or reconfiguring the old content. I highly doubt Hunter wants to do either just yet.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 03:58:52 pm by zomgDanyelle » Logged

Blood of the Akkadian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 04:10:25 pm »

Well that sucks. Where am i going to get 20$ I am going to have to search for it.
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 04:30:10 pm »

Others have had the same problem you have Number.

Check out http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/dont-buy-stuff/27169/ - it helps explain how to find money.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 04:53:27 pm »

-sigh- would be funny if i could work. I am not old enough to work.( I thought I was but guess not.)
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 06:13:56 pm »

You can get the steam version from torrents.  Actually i think there is only one available so hard to miss it.

Its a little longer but hey worked for me and mostly everyone else using SoD ;p

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 221