Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:55:24 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Maps! Call me stupid but?  (Read 10496 times)
PORTIS

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2010, 03:16:21 am »

Ok, so every time I ask people in /ooc about maps i get told mapfiend, I know of mapfiend already. The problem is mapfiend maps are not custom? correct me if i am wrong! The maps for LDoN etc wont work on EZ server. I downloaded the entire mappack from mapfiend and still find myself running in circles looking for bosses on LDoN 4-6 (well I think i got 5 down now). Is there a place to download custom maps specifically for Time/Qvic/LDoN and others?

Thanks  Grin
Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 05:14:25 am »

There are no custom maps out aside from guides that are the forums here. The reason? Hunter/Basher made the zones custom themselves, so the bosses are differently named creatures that reside in different locales. There are no released maps, like I said, of these 'custom' areas aside from the PoTime and Qvic maps here on the forums. If you wish to see them, simply go the guides subsection here on the forums, and check out the epics epics and more epics.

Hope that cleared it up for you. Just as a side note, the bosses on 4-6 are generally easy to locate because the pathing in LDON is very linear (you'll know where they are if you simply explore around and keep a tab on where you've been with the mapfiend-version map.)

Have fun.

robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 08:04:58 am »

I thnk it is possible to make custom maps for Mapfiend.  Why doesn't some youthful, energetic go-getter take the leap and make them for EZ Server?

Rob Smiley
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 08:50:02 am »

Found this site:  http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/map/

Looks like you can add content to the base maps, but not sure how to save it - or if it is only viewable.

Only just found the site a few minsutes ago...

Rob Smiley
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 08:55:56 am »

Found this too on another site...

Adding locs on a map

While you're not in the zone, open up the map file in a text editor (hopefully not Notepad, because it's kind of nasty). Add in the location you're interested in. Bottom, top, doesn't matter.

The format of the map files is simple enough anyone can manage it:

P 157, -59, -156, 0, 0, 0, 3, Crescent_Reach
P = marker telling EQ this is a point of interest which should be labeled. Most of the rows say L which describes a line on the map.

157 = second number of the /loc with the sign changed.

-59 = first number of the /loc with the sign changed

-156 = third number of the /loc

0, 0, 0 = the color of the label. Black in this case, which should be good enough.

3 = Means a Large size label.

Crescent_Reach = The text of the label. Spaces aren't allowed, but underlines show up as spaces on the map.

Rob Smiley
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 04:13:07 pm »

OR you could, you know, just walk up to the spawn point, hit the tool button at the bottom right of the map and then click the "add point" button on the toolbar that comes up to add a map marker. then hit save and distribute. Would save you quite a bit of time i'm assuming but eh methods are methods everyone has their ways.

Blood of the Akkadian
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 05:38:20 pm »

OR you could, you know, just walk up to the spawn point, hit the tool button at the bottom right of the map and then click the "add point" button on the toolbar that comes up to add a map marker. then hit save and distribute. Would save you quite a bit of time i'm assuming but eh methods are methods everyone has their ways.

See...I didn't even know you could do that...

That's why I love it when everyone pitches in!  Cool

Rob Smiley
b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 05:59:14 pm »

Im workin on this right now, its been in my ta-do list for a little bit now, but since the need is calling for it even more so now, give me a day or 2, and then you guys will have your "custom" maps
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 06:10:47 pm »

Well i have already begun doing this as well, if we can get a place to put the map folder maybe i could finish up custom zones and some non custom but important ones (Guk, Highpass, etc...) i would be more than happy to put them out

robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 06:20:16 pm »

Well i have already begun doing this as well, if we can get a place to put the map folder maybe i could finish up custom zones and some non custom but important ones (Guk, Highpass, etc...) i would be more than happy to put them out

The non-custom zones are downloadable.

I was just thinking of our CUSTOM zones.

Rob Smiley
b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 06:24:05 pm »

hmm, we should corraborate on this then reed, maybe it will make it a little easier on the both of us.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 10:09:41 pm »

little team effort always makes for an easily obtainable end goal i'm told

b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 12:53:58 am »

Very much so reed, i got the 6 floors of ldon done tonight, posting them in the quests and guides section now seeing as how they directly apply to the Epic 2.0. Still need Potimea, SRO (just terrontula), South Karana (just quillimane), qvic, Tacvi (cuz of the levels but this one is EZ), PoD, and PoG.
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 07:33:31 am »

Brilliant, this will save me and others hours of clearing trash in the wrong direction. Chaos on 6 was particularly hard to find. Luckily there are some wonderful people on the server such as Wonderbra who kindly showed me the way and then Killed MoW for my alts 2.0 as well. I did download all the mapfied maps and even the specific ldon level maps and they dont work. This will help folks greatly, thanks for your time and effort guys  Grin
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 07:35:37 am »

I did download all the mapfied maps and even the specific ldon level maps and they dont work. This will help folks greatly, thanks for your time and effort guys  Grin

Did you put them in the right directory?  Different directories depending upon which version/client you are using.

Rob Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053