Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 05:40:30 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Log in server issues  (Read 4494 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2013, 06:53:38 pm »

Per Rogean, EMU wide message: A hard drive has failed in the array that hosts the EQEMU websites and loginserver. It is not failed but it has caused some extreme slowness, so I will be migrating it to a new array. This will result in the website/loginserver being down for the next hour or two.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 07:08:27 pm »

Yeah, sorta noticed I couldn't log in when I woke up recently.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dawgrin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 08:02:34 pm »

Yeah I also noticed I cannot get any pages on eqemulator.org OR project1999.org.  They must be having some serious issues...Is this being tracked anywhereonline?  I cannot seem to find much info.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 08:03:48 pm »

Per Rogean, EMU wide message: A hard drive has failed in the array that hosts the EQEMU websites and loginserver. It is not failed but it has caused some extreme slowness, so I will be migrating it to a new array. This will result in the website/loginserver being down for the next hour or two.

read

I cannot seem to find much info.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Dawgrin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 08:07:11 pm »

Missed the "websites" part...=)
actarus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 09:24:47 pm »

*sigh* finally get a chance to play today and cant log in ... thats my luck Tongue
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 11:04:08 pm »

The broadcast makes no sense.

If he is running a "array" of drives that are striped with parity such as raid 5 or 6 why would losing one drive in the array matter.

Losing one drive should not be a show stopper. Just buy another drive and hot swap out the bad drive for the new one.

If he lost a raid controller then that means the data on those drives are going to be worthless and data will need to be restored from backups.

If his raid controller is going bad and he wants to move the data to another array since he only has a single raid controller then that would make sense.

Guess he just wanted to keep things simple=).

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 232