Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:31:54 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: New Content  (Read 88622 times)
Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2016, 11:36:22 am »

I was working on my seventh UW XI when i took my latest hiatus.

I've seen Moe 4 f*cking times.

Team l337 can calm the hell down and let the middle class suggest rare triggers in t5 could be looked at.

Once upon a time the hushed banquest (2.5 epic) was by far the worst thing on the server. People would park in the first safe room and kill those 4 barrels on side screen for days.  The rate eventually was increased considerably.

I suppose the most important thing to remember is we are talking about a math formula. Do they need to kill 100 War Boars for Widowmaker, or 100,000? The difficulty is certainly not in killing the mob, its in getting kicked in the nuts on the proverbial dice roll.

It was the reason the t5 mini was such a nice thing. Bring that thing back by any means, I dont care if its an IP Lock, a station name lock, whatfreakingever. Just any way those poor shmucks get 5 free swings a day to nab a rare. It would be great because that mini makes that tier worlds less frustrating by lessening the impact of some of the "chance" elements.

And yes, the amusing part about that is not a single one of the high and mighty will even PRETEND that the guy in t5 *cant* kill the bosses. We're simply saying they didn't deserve it without the 100,000 kills.  There's a place for people who think that way. It's called p99, get on a batphone list and deprive people of content to your heart's content.

EZ wasnt built that way. It was built to be easy at times. It was built to be hard at times. And it had a perfect marriage of higher crews helping lower crews in a format where both the haves and the have nots benefited from teaming up. In fact, the only way not to help someone is here:

On these forums.

In this thread.

And to remind us why so many are on hiatus instead of in a non-instanced t10 next to people...

Who think like you.

Holy shit thank you bro....I love this post.

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
Brunaa

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2016, 12:04:15 pm »

I am fully with Chunka, we all had to get trough t5 and our equipe wasnt better then yours after you finished t4.
I for myself could only run 8 toons at this time because I comp coudnz manage more. Blarr and Brokyn told me if you survive T5 (a lot gave up ) you will love EZ and they are right I love it like it is. A lot had been made more easy as the time we went trough all the tiers. Hunter started with it t6 7 and 8 are much easier now, Hate made t9 easier so please let t10 like it is except the broken stuff. I would only addmit to lower the Plagues to 600. By the way as we started we had no UW that came a long time later.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2016, 12:54:58 pm »

I did T5 twice (because I made more toons..) The first time was with 4 (four) toons, certainly not uber, though all had UC and my tank(s) have a halloween pet from years.... and years ago. Zero "UW" here. It took a while, and I got better at pulling larger groups. I certainly.... had NO problem clearing all the mobs I needed to before a repop.

The problem isn't the speed of clearing, it's when you get down to the last ~10 bosses or so you are strictly at the mercy of the random number gods.. So you kill X trigger and.. it doesn't trigger. Or it triggers, but it's the wrong boss. You kill all X (for the random boss) but it doesn't trigger. Then you repop and try again. That's the only bottleneck, repopping. The 2nd time I did T5, those 4 toons were 6.0/Anguish geared, so it went a bit faster, but not really that much, since again, the bottleneck was random triggers/bosses and the fact that if they don't spawn, they don't F'ing spawn.

Regarding T7/bats, again the numbers need looking at, case in point yesterday I got 4 bats, one chest (yay) and 3 boots... I literally have seen 2 boots rot for every piece of other gear. Something is "off"...

just my opinion... they asked so... feel free to disagree, that's fine. the GMs can decide.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 04:34:38 pm by walk2k » Logged

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2016, 03:48:13 pm »

You all need to stop using the LEET branding bullshit.... you are just trying to label opinions you don't like so they will be dismissed.

Just because its hard does not me its unfair.... ALL of the people who have made it past t5 MANY times are proof that it is not broken.

Its a filter...

If you remove the filter you will have people bitching about t6....how hard it is......then you "FIX" that and then T7 is so  unfair....

it is not an accident...

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:45:55 pm by balidet » Logged

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2016, 04:58:47 pm »

You all need to stop using the LEET branding bullshit.... you are just trying to label opinions you don't like so they will be dismissed.

Just because its hard does not me its unfair.... ALL of the people who have made it past t5 MANY times are proof that it is not broken.

Its a filter...

If you remove the filter you will have people bitching about t6....how hard it is......then you "FIX" that and then T7 is so  unfair....

its is not an accident...

Damn, Hurty, you trying to give me a hard on?  Kiss

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2016, 09:00:02 pm »

Once upon a time the hushed banquest (2.5 epic) was by far the worst thing on the server. People would park in the first safe room and kill those 4 barrels on side screen for days.  The rate eventually was increased considerably.

I suppose the most important thing to remember is we are talking about a math formula. Do they need to kill 100 War Boars for Widowmaker, or 100,000? The difficulty is certainly not in killing the mob, its in getting kicked in the nuts on the proverbial dice roll.

Mygawd! I have the same problem, I have killed like what? A thousand War Boars and never seen one Widowmaker pop! and as for the triggers, as someone else pointed out, you kill the trigger it doesnt pop or if it does, its the wrong boss.

Once upon a time the hushed banquest (2.5 epic) was by far the worst thing on the server. People would park in the first safe room and kill those 4 barrels on side screen for days.  The rate eventually was increased considerably.

As Kiwis / Ponzi pointed out, if it was done with Hushed Banquet, why cant it be done in T5?

I have not seen anyone suggest to nerf the mobs or the bosses (make them weaker, hits dmg or hp), we are just suggesting if you could look at the 'Math, RNG, Probability" or whatever you would like to call it, that these boss pops. Coz' its sure a pain in the ass.

- Ectheldir / Thoruz

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2016, 01:57:32 pm »

I could see raising spawn rate only IF trash was made substantially harder as well as boss mobs. T5 has been nerfed a lot from what it once was. The fact that you now have Heroic Resist makes the trash/bosses easier. i still think T5 needs to remain as it is (to give people a chance to gear up strike augs etc.). With SoA/UW being available to anyone, of level, it makes content easier.  So make that content more difficult.  If content in later tiers is making UW/SoA/RoA mandatory then make the lower levels require it as well.  Then you can make the content less (boring) and make it about the grind (just replace the grind of thebosses in zone into a grind for UW/SoA/RoA)....makes sense to me.  What do ya'll think?

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2016, 02:07:53 pm »

The entire point of this zone aside from the location of mobs underwater that are rooted....that hit really hard ... is to mentally prepare you for how t7/t8 work... you think its frustrating waiting a few days or a week for a rare to spawn? wait until you are on your 12th UC3 or you have cleared the legs mob 100 times in t8 and are stilling looking for paladin legs....

In live it was not unusual to camp something for weeks....just sitting..camping....killing the same 5 or 20 mobs over and over... for a rare item....now its like...dude...i been here for like hours...where is my shit?  I am sorry if you have killed boars for hours or days with no luck... it will spawn...hundreds have done it...

And I dont want to be that asshat talking down to people....thats bullshit as well.... you probably know all of this and played live for years like nearly all of us have...

I strongly feel that changing t5 is a mistake... its a key part to the server...but I dont think you are a moron if you disagree with me...have fun!

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2016, 02:44:42 pm »

Honestly, as far as T5 is concerned, leave the zone as it is and just re-enable the daily expedition with an enforced 20 hour lockout...that way you get a chance every day to get easy boss updates while having to grind them out if you don't want to rely on it.  I never really saw the point of disabling the zone personally...sure you could just sit there and do the daily without setting foot in T5, but it would take you a hell of a lot longer than just doing the zone itself.
Gimble

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2016, 05:24:39 pm »

Why don't we fix the economy while we are at it and let people purchase a specific boss for a given cost (500,000pp) and kill two birds with one stone.

If you want to do it without cost, fine.  if you want to spend plat fine.

clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2016, 05:46:17 pm »

Honestly, as far as T5 is concerned, leave the zone as it is and just re-enable the daily expedition with an enforced 20 hour lockout...that way you get a chance every day to get easy boss updates while having to grind them out if you don't want to rely on it.  I never really saw the point of disabling the zone personally...sure you could just sit there and do the daily without setting foot in T5, but it would take you a hell of a lot longer than just doing the zone itself.

Even if we were to disable essence drops to stop the sploits.  ^  This is a solid solution.
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2016, 06:12:07 pm »

If people exploiting something are the problem, the solution should be to deal with those people. Let them start over as level 70's.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2016, 06:53:21 pm »

Its a filter...

If you remove the filter you will have people bitching about t6....how hard it is......then you "FIX" that and then T7 is so  unfair....

it is not an accident...

This is an extremely valid counter argument.

One of the more common issues in t5 is not being able to repop without spending a ton of plat. I empathize with that, but its pretty pointless to even address that when you truly can't do anything of value in t6 without either the FWP or joining a guild that has a couple. So like Balidet pointed out, fixing the cost/ability to repop in t5 would just shoe people into the complete brick wall that is t6.

Maybe look into bumping the t5 rares slightly?

What i would like to see is the Kill-All mobs/ bracer mobs removed from the Lotto Jackpot boss. Nothing is worse than clearing the zone entirely and seeing Corallium or Alkare as the lotto prize. Nothing... NOTHING. lol

And I really can't overstate how getting 5 random bosses a game day out of the mini was the perfect solution. Sadly, its a royal pain conceptually to stop exploitation and dev time better spent elsewhere, etc.

But that mini took 10-15 min tops, helped with progression in the hard to progress zone. Remember, the t7 mini does ZERO to help t7 progression. The Dranik does ZERO to help t1-t4 progression. The T5 mini was *huge* in helping t5 progression. Scoring a Bone Rot and a Aquamarine on a tuesday was a *great* tuesday. Scoring an extra White literally saved you two hours of corals as a youngling. It's the roughest thing for Akk and Co. to 'fix' (the t5 mini), but it has by far the greatest reward... It's the best solution to t5 help for the middle class, and I think everyone can agree on that. Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2016, 07:17:39 pm »

+1

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2016, 10:00:25 pm »

This is an extremely valid counter argument.

One of the more common issues in t5 is not being able to repop without spending a ton of plat. I empathize with that, but its pretty pointless to even address that when you truly can't do anything of value in t6 without either the FWP or joining a guild that has a couple. So like Balidet pointed out, fixing the cost/ability to repop in t5 would just shoe people into the complete brick wall that is t6.

Maybe look into bumping the t5 rares slightly?

What i would like to see is the Kill-All mobs/ bracer mobs removed from the Lotto Jackpot boss. Nothing is worse than clearing the zone entirely and seeing Corallium or Alkare as the lotto prize. Nothing... NOTHING. lol

And I really can't overstate how getting 5 random bosses a game day out of the mini was the perfect solution. Sadly, its a royal pain conceptually to stop exploitation and dev time better spent elsewhere, etc.

But that mini took 10-15 min tops, helped with progression in the hard to progress zone. Remember, the t7 mini does ZERO to help t7 progression. The Dranik does ZERO to help t1-t4 progression. The T5 mini was *huge* in helping t5 progression. Scoring a Bone Rot and a Aquamarine on a tuesday was a *great* tuesday. Scoring an extra White literally saved you two hours of corals as a youngling. It's the roughest thing for Akk and Co. to 'fix' (the t5 mini), but it has by far the greatest reward... It's the best solution to t5 help for the middle class, and I think everyone can agree on that. Smiley

Actually t6 pays for itself so it's pretty easy to do up to t6 and then even t7 without FWP, but t5 can really suck without the ability to pop and repop as many instances as you want.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 252