Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 11:07:40 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Sleeper's Tomb Issues  (Read 17968 times)
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2020, 07:00:31 pm »

I know there is a small minority of people who have made much progress in Sleeper's Tomb so far, as the gear requirements to enter are a long grind. I have been in Sleepers almost since it opened, and while I have yet to finish all of the quests, I have killed every mob and boss in the zone, and have some concerns with current tuning, and bugs in the zone.

First issue is with Zeixshikar, which is one of 2 warders who are not spawned with the rest of the zone, but must be spawned. Zei spawns adds, they are not particularly difficult, but they also will most of the time never quit spawning. They will continue to spawn until eventually the zone crashes. Zei seems to hold agro, even through death, and as a result will chain spawn adds until it would seem zone runs out of NPC identifiers and crashes.

Second issue is with certain mobs who have a habit of spawning twice, most frequently Last Stop and Alpha Male. These share a NPC model, so I'm not sure if that causes some sort of issue, but they also have to be pulled with a pet before engaging or they will typically one shot you. When 2 of them are stacked, it's impossible to do so, and can be quite frustrating, especially if have cleared to Last Stop and run into this.

Third issue, and I've not heard any official stance on this, but the invis effect generated by the Spirit of the Ninja clickie (and maybe others) used to work on all but the bosses in the zone, and it no longer does, was this an intentional change, or an accidental one? If I'm honest, being able to invis through everything is a bit of a joke, but perhaps the long spawn golems and gargoyles and such can see invis, and the pesters and short spawns can't, so you still have to clear through, but it's not a frustrating disaster to recover from a wipe.

Finally, the changes to Kerafyrm, specifically the ridiculous number of adds spawned now, are completely overtuned for the vast majority of people's groups.    I agree that you should have to deal with the adds, prior to the change, pulling her off to a warders pad to avoid her adds' agro should not have been possible, and rooting her is a totally reasonable solution. That being said, her adds were already brutal when there was 4 of them, their fear and stuns are difficult to deal with, as you cannot always get a cure clickie off, and you are forced to try and re-position (if you can ever get the debuffs off) without getting smashed. I typically use a combination of UA gloves enrage and Savage Onslaught discipline to melt Kerafyrm, and deal with the adds after, hopefully looting Kerafyrm before I get swarmed by adds and their stuns and fears. While it could be said that you could slowly kill her, thus spawning the adds in a more controlled fashion, this is simply not true the majority of the time, as you cannot reposition easily for the incoming adds when Kerafyrm is up, as she will summon you (almost always putting your back to adds), as well as due to the random nature of burst riposte damage from warriors, sometimes she melts whether you want her too or not.  My solution is to leave Kerafyrm rooted, or even better, a small leash radius the size of her platform. This would give you a way to position her prior to adds, and have a reasonable chance to survive, and not simply get ganked because you can't possibly position properly. Secondly, the adds need to be reduced, by half at least. This fight isn't difficult because it requires skill and good positioning and strategy, its difficult because it's (the amount of, and spells cast by, adds mostly) dramatically overtuned for most people, which is a shame, because it could easily be the former.

To be clear, everything is still killable in Sleeper, including Kerafyrm as she is, but through tuning and bugs, certain fights are difficult for the wrong reasons. Some bosses require some thought and strategy, Abyxcos being a great example of a boss that stumps a lot of people when they first attempt him, others, like the knockback warder, Vyskudra, require some well timed cures and positioning for consistent kills, which is exciting and fun to figure out. Some of the buggy bosses are not fun when they bug out, and others, like Kerafyrm, need some tuning. Overall, it's a fun zone, even the quest grinds are not too bad (for EZ Server anyway), and I thank Rent and Akka doe the time they put in making 10.5, I would just like some communication on some of these issues, so it can be a workable zone for everyone who comes after.

Also, trading a GSS for 100 EZ Credits...daddy needs CT death touch clickie!!

-Dracawarrior
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 10:55:46 am by Draca » Logged

spuddson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 06:04:40 am »

Im getting multiple Zeixshakar's up at same time
neccos

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 02:17:18 pm »

great suggestions, unfortunitly I don't think any will be taken into account other than those that finished it the first couple weeks (
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 08:56:04 pm by neccos » Logged
Serra Angel

Heavenly incarnation of fury and purity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 09:37:53 am »

I agree the adds are several times more powerful than the Sleeper herself and the fact that they are allowed to pummel from behind insures a fast kill. Also they cast spells that the boss should be the only one casting. After all the root and dots are all named with Kerafyrn. Why isn't Kerafyrn the only one casting them?

The very young to the very old know best the song that angels sing.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 01:34:06 pm »

Sleeper has been Rent's initiative and creation to help expand his capabilities; I'll ping him about some of these outstanding issues and if he needs help getting through some of them I will be happy to help him

EZ Server GM
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 02:58:08 pm »

First issue is with Zeixshikar, which is one of 2 warders who are not spawned with the rest of the zone, but must be spawned. Zei spawns adds, they are not particularly difficult, but they also will most of the time never quit spawning. They will continue to spawn until eventually the zone crashes. Zei seems to hold agro, even through death, and as a result will chain spawn adds until it would seem zone runs out of NPC identifiers and crashes.

This has been addressed in game today. A new changelog entry was added for this.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 11:36:10 pm »

This has been addressed in game today. A new changelog entry was added for this.

This doesn't appear to have been fixed, I made a fresh instance today to test it and was able to aggro him and die with the rest of the raid sitting well out of aggro range and even with me being dead and him not having any aggro targets he chain spawned nonstop until I got too bored to wait out the zone crash.  Screenshot attached, you can see he is summoning an add every 3 seconds ad nauseum and the spawns in zone on left window are only spawns containing zeix in their name.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 12:35:24 am »

Observations -

I understand the whole idea of loot being rare off of static mobs, but the fact that you can clear the entire zone of a specific mob type that has a chance to spawn a rare mob and not spawn it, or just normally killing mobs on the way down stacks up 3-4 of a mob before you get there...it's borderline retarded and full fledged annoying.  Great for the random spawn when you get it, but re-fucking-diculous to clear all those mobs and see nothing.  Some of the placeholder mobs are on a regular zone respawn of like 20mins and others are on a 4 hour respawn, so if you're targeting a specific named that's triggered by the long respawn mobs...good luck ever seeing it without repopping and fully reclearing the zone ad nauseum. 

Which brings another thing I don't understand, there doesn't seem to be a specific loot table for any of the mobs, I've gotten Zeix's ring from 3 different warders, Last Stop and Alpha Male, as well as all other loot items with the sole exception of The Real Abyxcos.  I don't see the point of a shared loot table across named mobs aside from the zone quest pieces, maybe I'm just short sighted though. 

Speaking of The Real Abyxcos, okay...if a spawn HAS to be rarely spawned off it's PH mob, I get it.  But if the rarity of that spawn is bordering on re-fucking-tardedly rare, and spawning it requires clearing to it before it despawns (it's not that hard to clear the shit in between but it is annoying knowing you are on a timer), and killing it is anything but easy...it sure as fuck should drop more than 2 roses 9 out of every 10 kills.  Rare spawn + annoying timer before despawn + tedious trash to clear + challenging encounter should NOT = Haha fuck you on the effort, here are a few drops you can get off of any trash mob in the zone.  FYI, especially annoyed because I killed 4 full raid cycles of 18 instances of Abyxcos tonight and got 1 Real to spawn who subsequently dropped a woefully worthless plat bag (can this at least be changed to an expensive blue diamond) and 2 roses.  72 placeholders for 2 roses and a plat bag, this is why I have a hard time motivating enough to log on and beat my head against the wall chasing the unicorn.

UCv4 - The drop rate on the roses is fine if the point is to choke the will out of anyone wanting to gear more than 1 toon up with this quest.  I finished the pests quest on all 18 toons before completing this on my main, I have a second toon who has 35ish black roses and 20ish red to finish his, and a 3rd toon has been banking the overflow blue, white and yellow roses.  I average around 6 roses dropping per clear from zone to warders and killing almost every mob in between, but there are only so many times you can clear from zone in to zone end and repop if you want a chance at the long respawn placeholder mobs or reclear if you are just heading back down trying to spawn the triggered ones off the short respawn mobs before you decide to say fuck it.  At the very least, making the roses far more common off the trash mobs would make you feel like you're getting headway because even averaging 6 roses a clear and needing 5 different types means you are going to be lucky to finish a ucv4 once every 100 clears because we all remember how everyone ended up with  extra scales of certain colors with the ucv3 quest.

Kerafym - I think the fight is fine, it's completely doable even with the increased number of adds, but considering how rare you spawn her and the same propensity for shit loot she has as Abyxcos, what's the point of making it difficult?  If the shitty chance to spawn her and the shittier chance for loot remains the same, you may as well revert it back to only 1 each of the 4 add waves and call it good.  If you're going to increase the difficulty of the encounter and leave the loot chance shitty, people who can't handle it aren't going to bother with it.  If it requires you to be responsive and there's a legitimate chance of wiping, make it something rewarding enough to make people want to risk multiple wipes learning their own best way to defeat it.

See invis - I can see both sides of the coin on this.  Initially the first mob to see thorugh invis/ivu at the same time was Abyxcos.  To cast both invis and see invis on yourself at the same time, use an ninja click item for anyone who doesn't know what the fuck I'm talking about.  Being able to wipe halfway through the zone and invis your way back to recover keeps people interested enough to press on.  Wiping and having to reclear from zone in because shit respawned is annoying and will piss people off enough to not bother and go find something else to do.  I prefer to clear trash as I go because you have chances at Powerslave pieces, roses and gsoa from trash mobs and clearing in small pulls doesn't take long at all anyhow.  You also get the benefit of chances to spawn triggered named mobs.  I don't see the point in skipping content to powerfarm the always up on instance spawn named mobs, running down to just before Abyxcos and clearing him, then invising past the rest of the shit to Last Stop isn't my cup of tea.  But given the current drop rates for any kind of appreciable loot on current named loot lists, I honestly could care less if someone wants to spend their time doing that instead of working on farming roses and killing pests for those quests.  If you want to make it harder to farm this shit, make the reward better with higher chances of the decent loot.  Truth be told, even with every trash mob being see invis, you only have to clear down to Last Stop once and you can cycle instances nonstop to powerfarm the 2 always up warders and last stop as much as you want.

I don't know how viable it is to code, but let mobs be see invis on zone up, but any mob you kill that respawns while the zone is still active shouldn't be see invis.  This would let people clear their way through the first time, possibly wiping a few times on the way, and they'd still be able to invis past respawn to get back to their corpses.  All named type mobs can respawn with invis, but trash shouldn't, as long as the zone is active.  If that's too much to bother with, make all mobs with a respawn timer of less than 30 minutes not see invis, I'm guessing there's a way to isolate mobs by respawn time so this should be easier to do than the prior suggestion.  That way, wiping on the clear down again doesn't hinder you from being able to bypass the respawn trash to get to your corpses.

I'm going to end this rant here before I start drinking at become more annoying, these are my observations of things as someone who doesn't need jack shit from this zone save a few alts loot items and some ucv4 which, in it's current state, I don't care to bother with.  I can only imagine how frustrating it is for people still hacking away.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 12:55:18 pm »

I am taking another look at things today.

Serra Angel

Heavenly incarnation of fury and purity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2020, 12:21:25 pm »

With the new fixes more strange stuff is happening. Tjudawos spawned and I engaged him. He summoned 2 Juda the Betrayers both are just like Tjudawos completely immune to all spells. They killed my pally and wiped me. When I poped back in to the instance. They summoned me one at a time across the zone and killed us. Its like the aggro doesn't clear.

2nd time they summoned 1 Sleeper Banishment Guardian as Tjudawos hit 25% from my Furious discipline. I'm not sure why a Kerafyrn add is showing up as a Tjudawos add.

3rd time I went in with just the warrior and her furious disc and cure reward and took em all down.

Can you fix up the summoning and aggro not clearing even after one is already dead? And Sleeper Banishment Guardian should be removed from a Tjudawos add.

The very young to the very old know best the song that angels sing.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 08:00:32 am »

With the new fixes more strange stuff is happening. Tjudawos spawned and I engaged him. He summoned 2 Juda the Betrayers both are just like Tjudawos completely immune to all spells. They killed my pally and wiped me. When I poped back in to the instance. They summoned me one at a time across the zone and killed us. Its like the aggro doesn't clear.

2nd time they summoned 1 Sleeper Banishment Guardian as Tjudawos hit 25% from my Furious discipline. I'm not sure why a Kerafyrn add is showing up as a Tjudawos add.

3rd time I went in with just the warrior and her furious disc and cure reward and took em all down.

Can you fix up the summoning and aggro not clearing even after one is already dead? And Sleeper Banishment Guardian should be removed from a Tjudawos add.

I will get with Akkadius as to why it is not clearing agro after you die. I fixed the "immune to magic" and the Banishment Guardian is as intended

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2020, 07:04:12 am »

Rent, is there a reason loot modifiers aren't usable in Sleepers?

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 01:13:41 am »

Yes, all new zones don't allow loot modifiers till some time has passed.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2020, 11:37:07 am »

Can Zeix and Tjud spawns be set to unique spawns?  The recent power up they've received make killing multiple spawns of them incredibly annoying, single fights they are doable but with the added pet type spawns and Sleeper Guardians it's not worth bothering with them if there are more than 1 or 2 of them up.  This is moreso a problem with Zeix than Tjud, when you spawn a Tjud you can mostly avoid any of his trigger mobs and not have to worry about spawning more but with Zeix there is no way to avoid 20 placeholders on the clear down if you spawn him early in the clear.  I'd wager that I average 3 Zeix spawns per clear and 1 Tjud every 3 clears, flagging them as unique spawns lets you just keep clearing knowing only one of the mobs will be up when you get to it.  I suppose the other option is to insert a coh bot toon just to skip ahead as soon as you pop a Zeix, but at a cost of 3 GSS just to get into the zone, it's hard to justify.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2020, 11:50:06 am »

Side note, it looks like the rewards on the Zeix encounter are commensurate with the level of effort required to beat it, I like that it requires effort but also rewards are set accordingly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 185