Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:58:05 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Server Code Testing and Other News  (Read 14513 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2014, 04:22:46 am »

Server Code Update and Testing

Much preparation has taken place to make sure that EZ's Server code base that it runs on upgrades smoothly in the past few weeks. I've been spending time in the background making preparations with what I learned from the testing a few weekends ago.

Saturday the EZ Server will have a test copy at the bottom of the Loginserver. I encourage anyone who is willing to help test the server out to find any possible crashes and issues with spells or abilities that are not of the expected norm. Any abnormalities to be reported here on the forums so they can be addressed. Many of the crash issues we witnessed a few weekends ago have been addressed and we are ready for another round.

We're looking at almost a years worth of updates, of which consist of very core optimizations to server performance, Spells and Abilities implementations as well as many other features. I will list a change-log for those who are interested in the technical details.

The reason why this testing stage is necessary is so we can ensure a Live update goes a smooth as possible. Once we have been able to gracefully make this move we will announce a double loot weekend to follow (Specific time will be announced at that time).

Hunter's Family

I've been in contact with Isa (Hunter's wife) almost every day for the past few weeks. She has been struggling dearly with recent events but through support of those in contact with her including myself have been trying our best to keep her spirits up. She has been given a portion of the money the community has graciously contributed and I am going to be making another trip to give her some more so she can take care of some things she needs to for Simon.

The Original Server Hardware

The original server hardware that was at Hunter's fathers house, the server EZ was running on up until Hunter's death is being refitted for a rack mount server by the original donator Crabthewall. Crab has also graciously offered his hand in helping during these times to take care of the hardware end while we all pull together the other aspects of the server. Crab and I have been working together on making hardware changes/additions and it will be shipped off to the datacenter as the new and original home for the EZ Server once again. Then, we should see another performance improvement multiplied with all of the changes we've made in the past few weeks, including the server source code changes to come and now the hardware changes.

Content Development

As you can see, Hate and his partner in crime have been doing a great job making content updates to smooth out many aspects of play. I have been consulting new changes but for the most part, Hate has been pounding out changes and adjustments like a champ.

Item Handins
As Hate made a point thoroughly on this, after April 15th is the last day that hand ins are compensated to NPC's that have nothing to do with what you are trying to hand in. We will be making efforts to eliminate accidental hand-ins, but in the meantime it is your own responsibility to make sure you are handing in the right items to the right NPC with the right pre-requisites. See: http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=4231.msg53906;topicseen#new

Enjoy!
~Akkadius

EZ Server GM
multilateral
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 08:20:52 am »

Thanks for the updates.  I have been wondering how Hunter's family was doing.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 08:23:32 am »

Thanks Akka!!

I'll be floating off and on the test all day.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
gnomi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 03:59:40 pm »

I've noticed an issue with weapon augments not proccing. Anything from ninjastrike to anger v and pally epic augment don't proc. However defensive procs seem to be working like Incinerating Aura from Mage.

Gnomi
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 04:03:40 pm »

Issues regarding Mitigation have been brought up. I have adjusted server rules to have things behave more traditionally. Otherwise if we ran this upgrade on the server without testing players would be dieing constantly and there would be much /rage

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 04:08:49 pm »

Found the issues regarding infrequent procs.

They were adjusted to behave like Live,  and the way EZ has been balanced around the procs heavily decreases the damage from procs.

We'll be making a new build and pushing it up for further testing.

Stonewall and the like should behave like they did normally.

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 04:36:58 pm »

New changes for procs were only allowing one proc per weapon. We have added a rule for having this behave like it did before the 'Live-Like' adjustment.

EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 05:15:11 pm »

Test server rebooting and coming right back up

EZ Server GM
gnomi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 05:17:46 pm »

A couple more things;

Level Up Wench doesn't respond to Hail
Group members don't remain in group while they are offline

Gnomi
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 05:23:53 pm »

A couple more things;

Level Up Wench doesn't respond to Hail
Group members don't remain in group while they are offline

Gnomi

Level Up Wench needs script updated to test server - non-issue but thanks for reporting

Not sure that is the normal behavior for the Group membership system

EZ Server GM
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 05:43:59 pm »

You will disband from normal group when you camp out, this is normal

But will remain in group if in raid, until server reboot

gnomi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 05:48:31 pm »

Ok, thanks for pointing that out Aeryn

Gnomi
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 06:14:56 pm »

Proc issues have been resolved.

Multiple augs on a weapon were not being cycled:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/commits/master

EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 06:16:44 pm »

/thumbs up, hehe Fix for the Fix for the Fix

went back in with clean client nothing blocked or hidden.

Procs look like proc'in the overall rate is low (I know that's unimportant at the moment) just some feedback ..

Heading back over there to try to break some stuff
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 06:48:44 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 06:52:17 pm »

/thumbs up, hehe Fix for the Fix for the Fix

went back in with clean client nothing blocked or hidden.

Procs look like proc'in the overall rate is low (I know that's unimportant at the moment) just some feedback ..

Heading back over there to try to break some stuff

Can you make a before and after rate of comparison ?

EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 191
  • Online Ever: 8678