Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 06:58:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Character still stuck  (Read 6089 times)
frs129

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:37:22 pm »

I'm still unable to log into my war Owie. She crashed in the fg Imperial Bazaar originally. I used the char move tool to pop her into nexus, which at char log in is where she's at but I'm still crashing when I try to log in. Tried reinstalling the Titanium client a few times.

I noticed on the old forums that around the end of March Anthrax, Maximo, and Luhmpee all had this identical problem. Unfortunately the posts end before anyone came up with a workaround or fix for it. Has anyone else had this issue, or know a resolution?

Thanks EZ

skinnytick

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 03:46:46 pm »

Only possible suggestion I have is to try removing(cut them to your desktop) the following files from your EQ directory and try logging in.:

eqclient.ini
Owie_EZ (Linux) x4 Exp.ini
UI_Owie_EZ (Linux) x4 Exp.ini

If that does NOT work, copy those back into your EQ directory and hopefully the server stops being emo. /shrug

If removing those files does work, put one file back into the EQ directory one at a time and try logging in. If it crashes after you put a file back into your EQ directory, log out and delete the file you last put in.

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not remove the ini setting files, so I'm thinking maybe something has gotten corrupt and was not removed.

Never had this happen...hopefully this will work for you. =)
frs129

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 04:52:12 pm »

Thanks Skinny, tried it and she's still crashing. Server resets in like 10 minutes so I'll see if that does anything.

frs129

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 05:37:34 pm »

And still nada. I can't figure it out. Other characters on that account can log in fine so it's specific to just Owie.

Dropped Torique a pm on here as he had an identical problem so hopefully he'll know the solution to it.

marbach1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 09:10:06 pm »

Same thing happened to my char today
frs129

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 09:34:16 pm »

Well, bad news from Torique. Guess his char is still stuck.

marbach1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 09:53:36 pm »

well thats a bummer, i hope some one can figure this out
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 12:00:21 am »

An issue like this really requires Hunter's attention.  I would suggest emailing him.  Put in the subject line something like "Character stuck, crashes after character select."  In the body of the message explain the problem and all the steps you've taken in trying to remedy the situation.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 01:40:29 pm by Hunter » Logged
frs129

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 01:11:54 pm »

Thanks Yellow. I was hoping to find a solution without having to waste Hunter's time. From the sound of it he works his arse off and spends a chunk of his free time providing us this server to play on. I'll e-mail him as I'm stumped at this point.

marbach1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 06:27:18 pm »

thats what i did. I caught him on the server last night, he couldnt figure out, so i had to remake my char, same race and same class. Then he just transfered all my gear and flags over. out of luck on the money and AA points, unless he gives you a couple aa points
frs129

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 09:18:47 pm »

Yeah, he emailed so I've got another gnome made up and waiting. The AA does kind of suck but should only be a few day set back. At least my cleric will have his tank back soon lol.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 204