Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:43:00 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Regarding New XP Rate  (Read 10538 times)
bboydastyck

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2011, 05:12:02 am »

Ok so now that we have to spend a way longer time grinding I think there should be a change to the level requirement of PoTimeA to about 60.

When grinding and not able to progress character in any way for long periods of times it takes away from the fun of progressing your toons. If there was a lower req for potimea then we would be able to progress but to a limit giving a different and more fun aspect to leveling toons at higher levels grinding to 70.

Some might say that this wouldnt work out because then people would have epic 1.5 or later at early levels but also if this was a problem then you could leave the limit of doing 1.5 at 70 and just lowering lvl req of the zone potime.

Some people may not like this idea but im sure there will be a good majority that would enjoy this change without throwing the balance of the server off and even fixing the balance of the drop of xp rate.
Rocco

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 05:58:43 am »

Ok so now that we have to spend a way longer time grinding I think there should be a change to the level requirement of PoTimeA to about 60.

When grinding and not able to progress character in any way for long periods of times it takes away from the fun of progressing your toons. If there was a lower req for potimea then we would be able to progress but to a limit giving a different and more fun aspect to leveling toons at higher levels grinding to 70.

Some might say that this wouldnt work out because then people would have epic 1.5 or later at early levels but also if this was a problem then you could leave the limit of doing 1.5 at 70 and just lowering lvl req of the zone potime.

Some people may not like this idea but im sure there will be a good majority that would enjoy this change without throwing the balance of the server off and even fixing the balance of the drop of xp rate.

I'm not one to flame, it could just be the liter of tequila that i drank tonight.

This post made absolutely no sense! WTF is wrong with our schools? Kids can't even type out coherent thoughts nowadays.

Good Night and Enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 06:05:48 am by Rocco » Logged

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 11:39:13 am »

Probably slightly off topic, but the exp rate hasn't changed, at least not in our point of view, considering players have much better gear and spells than when EZ Server started over 3 years ago. So just kill higher con mobs for faster exp with all the great gear available.

Enjoy!

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 12:46:46 pm »

So, did the xp rate change recently or not?

JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 01:20:48 pm »

I'm not one to flame, it could just be the liter of tequila that i drank tonight.

This post made absolutely no sense! WTF is wrong with our schools? Kids can't even type out coherent thoughts nowadays.

Good Night and Enjoy!

Rocc0....don't hate on them, though i agree! They are the only ones that have the patience to farm Lguk and Superior lightstones all day long.... We needs them Smiley

-Lightblade

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 01:27:51 pm »

Probably slightly off topic, but the exp rate hasn't changed, at least not in our point of view, considering players have much better gear and spells than when EZ Server started over 3 years ago. So just kill higher con mobs for faster exp with all the great gear available.

Enjoy!

Hunter

So, would you consider making PoTactics into a higher end Exp zone? Maybe even cons to lvl 70? Could be much like Fire, only harder hits and more exp gains. No bodies and loot.
Also accessible to 47+ like Fire

Aggressive

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 01:38:47 pm »

I'm new to this server, but attempting to kill red cons with gimp SK dps is no fun.  Undecided This seems like just another reason to start boxing.
bozac

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 01:45:51 pm »

Enjoy!

Hunter

Unfortunately I don't have any t4 toons, trying to play catch up just got tougher. Been trying to RoA my pally from time to time, well 1-47 takes over twice as long as it did just a couple days ago.

Please Hunter put exp back where it was.

Bozac
SuFuCru

Utility, War
Bozac, Magician
Bozpal, Pally
Leeme, Ranger
Laquandra, SK
Myleene, Pal
Bozpal, Bozrog, Boznec, Bozmnk
Fichmulk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 01:47:18 pm »

That answer from Hunter was very vague.  So Hunter plain english.  Did you guys change the numerical value of how much exp is needed or how much exp is given?
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 01:49:47 pm »

Enjoy!

Hunter

So, would you consider making PoTactics into a higher end Exp zone? Maybe even cons to lvl 70? Could be much like Fire, only harder hits and more exp gains. No bodies and loot.

Would just become another pofire roa zone. Make it available for everyone up to lvl 69, and be kicked when they hit 70.  and you have yourself an actual low-lvl xp zone. Make them hit less hard than pofire and give more xp because you actually need to fight them yourself, and it's a win!

-Clev

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 02:07:20 pm »

Enjoy!

Hunter

Would just become another pofire roa zone. Make it available for everyone up to lvl 69, and be kicked when they hit 70.  and you have yourself an actual low-lvl xp zone. Make them hit less hard than pofire and give more xp because you actually need to fight them yourself, and it's a win!

-Clev

I was pretty much pitching for a higher tiers RoA zone actually, HOWEVER I do like your suggestion as much or more than my own too. We should do both.

Wonder if Hunter would entertain the idea of using PoWater as an advancement zone. Maybe not T6 or anything, but useful for advancing your char somehow. Would be challenging for sure. Trying to box underwater, needing an EB item, etc...

Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 02:21:48 pm »

You can get EB out of AA's. Boxing underwater is as simple as adding a UW tag after your /stick.

T5 is only a pain because it combines both - a pure underwater zone will not be that much of a challenge.

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 02:24:19 pm »

S'pose you're right on both.
Was playing Shards for to long to remember I guess. Completely forgot about EB AA, and didn't know about the UW after /stick tbh.

Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 01:46:03 am »

Probably slightly off topic, but the exp rate hasn't changed, at least not in our point of view,

So is that a yes or a no? Everyone has said XP is at least twice as slow... will you please either confirm or deny that you have lowered the amount of exp earned?
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 11:19:30 am »

Bump
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64994