Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:40:42 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Fabled bosses in Ldon  (Read 8978 times)
Badrok

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2012, 09:01:14 am »

I would like to see fabled bosses added to the ldon table. These would drop 1x random charm no matter what level in ldon they happen to spawn in. Kill a boss in level   2-6   and have  xx%  to spawn a Fabled boss.

The UC quest should be tweaked please, this would add more flavor, chance at something new, thanks  Wink

Undeterred

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 11:11:52 am »

Don't care for that idea... unless you make the fabled NON agro...

I recently went through LDoN for the first time... and having to go through the whole thing from level 1 because of a wipe stunk

If a fabled would spawn on top of a first timer after barely surviving the regular named, that would not be very nice
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 03:06:16 pm »

Unless it is a stupidly low chance, I think this might dumb down the UC grind. I am all for alternatives methods, but not this one.

There are two immediate issues I see:
First was covered by Undeterred.
Second is high-end.

If the mob instantly spawns over the corpse of the other one (or on the corpse at all), there is a chance of it instagib'ing the lowbie progressing normally.

If the mob isn't sufficiently strong enough, the higher guys will instagib it.

Starting to see the dilemma? Undecided

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Wamorm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 08:11:40 pm »

Even if it just spawned at the normal timer the boss would spawn people wouldn't be able to do the 2.0 until it was killed either.

Like Hateborne said, I am all for alternative methods to doing the v1 charms but I don't think this particular one would work. After 58 v1s farmed for my first UC I am sick to death of LDoN. Dunno how people do UCs for all their toons...
Woppoz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 09:29:56 pm »

There was a discussion about this before. Someone had suggested adding ToFS to the charm grind, I thought that was a good one.

I would prefer to see an old world outdoor zone go to the grind. Something like West Karana. Big zone, not real likely anyone is going through there to farm anything other then some pelts and there are better zones for that. Beef up the mobs or add new ones. Would just be nice to be... outdoors?? lol
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 11:38:39 pm »

There was a discussion about this before. Someone had suggested adding ToFS to the charm grind, I thought that was a good one.

I would prefer to see an old world outdoor zone go to the grind. Something like West Karana. Big zone, not real likely anyone is going through there to farm anything other then some pelts and there are better zones for that. Beef up the mobs or add new ones. Would just be nice to be... outdoors?? lol

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2639.0

Valid point, maybe the zone outside ToFS? (Sorry, I loved Velious)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 02:59:48 am »

I would love to use skyshrine. It is such a nice zone. Not the outdoor zone some might like but its big enough to really make something out of it.
If you want a sweet outdoor zone I am a personal fan of Looping plains.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 07:38:08 am »

I recall reading somewhere that Skyshrine was at one time by surface area the largest zone in the game. I'd not mine using that as another charm grind zone....but would an instanced version work, with the teleporters? Or would it be as instanced BoT is now?

Skyshrine would rock.....ToFS would be too small, as each floor would need to be a separate zone. Hate would be good, too! But my favorite would be ToV! Maybe make guardian drop west, Brawlers east and Sorc and Oracle north? Make it a no train zone, too, and make the mobs beefy enough to discourage 100 mob pulls....or do something else that might limit those huge pulls.

Another idea for charm grind.....Sleepers Tomb.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Badrok

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 05:29:12 pm »

i like this idea too.. a second zone to farm in Wink

Undeterred

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 09:21:19 am »

Skyshrine actually is an outside zone... at least on live it was...

I had run through there with bard on Selo's many times
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 09:50:22 am »

As much as LDoN gets "old", it works just fine.  All of the UCs on the server started there, and that's a lot of UCs...

I would far rather see any development time spent on either finishing current content that needs tweaking/completion, or developing new content.  Adding alternatives to content that is currently working as intended would seem like a waste of Hunter's precious time =)>

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Gyan1010

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 03:38:30 pm »

I know people with many UCs are always leaning on the negative about any change and newer players are always for the changes but here are my 2 cents.

It seems stupid to me to grind mobs that i can kill in 1 hit most of time just to move on to t5 and stand a chance. I mean I did ldon, Qvic, Tacvi, T1-T4 and since hoh has a much better drop rate, even got the 25-50 mostly covered. Now I gotta go back to ldon and stay here for a couple weeks with absolutely 0 challenge other than boredom and preventing myself from beating my head with a hammer?

I think a fabled change up would be a welcome relief. Make it something like 10% of the normal spawns are fabled. In the best case if you kill 2 bosses instantly every possible chance for a whole day that is 96 spawns.  So about 9 Fabled per day on a level if camped 100% of the time. Since I know they are not camped 24/7, nor are all the bosses killed the second they spawn, I would expect about 4-5 spawns over the course of the day for each instance, less for crappy levels like 3 (ick), likely not all going to the same person. I don't think this is to much of a change, nor does it turn the UC into easy mode or anything.

As for toughness they would be something tougher than t2 bosses but minus the adds, yet not approaching the t3 bosses, Maybe something like the kill quest guys. So yes normal 2.0 searchers might need help, but I don't think they would find it hard to get someone to come claim a charm, might even start to see the fabled kills auctioned.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 04:17:24 pm »

Putting fabled mobs that are harder than T2 mobs would make it impossible to progress without help from people who have already progressed through that and a couple more tiers of content if they encountered a fabled mob. Upper tiered toons used to camp the bosses when they had about a 25% chance to drop charm upgrades. Some would argue this works because the upper tier is basically handing the page to lower tiered people. That is not the way it worked though. Pages were destroyed, bodies fell through the floor, people were ninja looting, and many other negative issues. The solution was to remove the chance of getting the charm ups from them. Adding them back would be going backward.

Gyan1010

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 04:39:10 pm »

I agree with that change Xiggie but a couple points I have about that.

2x 25% chance to drop a charm every 30min is a 68.36% chance to get at least 1 in an hour if all you kill are the bosses. Of course people would camp them all the time and cause difficulty to lower level players. In fact I'd venture to say that some of the charms the older players got were much easier because of this. Yet the same players complain about any change that makes it easier for the next wave of players. If anything is easy mode, its this boss drop that has now been taken away from newer players.

If a fabled chance was added at say 10% of the normal spawns, and hell maybe only give them a 80% chance to drop a v1 and an additional 10% chance to drop a v2. This is a much less chance than it had before and therefore not the same attraction as the previous setup.

I'd also argue that the 50pt coin alone is enough to make me kill the bosses when charm hunting even if the charms themselves don't drop.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 06:59:48 am »

I like the idea of an alternative to LDON for charms. I also like the idea of it being an open, outdoor zone.....but I dont think Hunter would, since it lacks the "speed breaks" of walls/doors.

Sooo....how about a complex zone, with traps, tricks and more? One that used to be a BLAST, but that half the people playing (even live) have never set foot in? I like Plane of Mischief!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64990
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 183