Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:08:13 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: New FG/CG Vendor  (Read 13766 times)
Baelin

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2010, 01:17:04 pm »

I was thinking the other night while waiting for a camp in Lower Guk.

Would a new vendor that sold FG/CG items for X amount of Plat be helpful or not?

I know camping these spots gives you the feeling of earned accomplishment, but it would be nice to buy the Knuckles Dusters for say 50K (not sure on going rates) rather then waiting 4 hours to have a chance they drop for another 4 hours.  I hear that Plat becomes useless anyway at higher lvls.

Just a thought,
Baelin
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 01:29:51 pm »

I assume you mean OUTSIDE the actual FG/CG, because if the vendor was inside the guild then how would you buy stuff off of him to gain access to the guild in the first place?

As much as i would love this idea, I would guess it will not happen.

Rob Smiley
kyle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 01:52:08 pm »

Be nice to be able to purchase charm upgrades for plat too, even if an upgrade was a crazy amount like 500k.  Something like this would make plat have a meaning on this server.  I doubt this would ever happen though.

Freeball - Beastlord
Pwncakes - Cleric
Eugooglizer - Enchanter
Kyle - Shadowknight
Lzert

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 02:39:53 pm »

I assume you mean OUTSIDE the actual FG/CG, because if the vendor was inside the guild then how would you buy stuff off of him to gain access to the guild in the first place?

As much as i would love this idea, I would guess it will not happen.

Well, what if it WAS inside the FG/CG?  Make people earn the first one, but gives you the ability to get alts in an alternate way to reduce some of the camping pressure.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 02:53:59 pm »

The reason why neither idea here would never happen is because people would make more trains to farm plat/gems.

Baelin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 03:09:16 pm »

Is there a limit on the BoT quest giver?  Rinse and repeat that quest if there is no limit.  Additional quest would help too.  additional PoTime killing quests, or survive 4 hours in PoFire without crashing it  Grin

Placing the vendor Inside or out....  I kinda like both ideas.  If inside the hall it makes you work for the drops for the first run, then help out your own alts.

500K for Charm upgrades...  Good thing there is no weight limit on SoD.  This would thin out the perma camps on LDoN 6.  however there would be crazy trains elsewhere.

Baelin
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 09:58:25 pm »

Is there a limit on the BoT quest giver?  Rinse and repeat that quest if there is no limit.  Additional quest would help too.  additional PoTime killing quests, or survive 4 hours in PoFire without crashing it  Grin

Placing the vendor Inside or out....  I kinda like both ideas.  If inside the hall it makes you work for the drops for the first run, then help out your own alts.

500K for Charm upgrades...  Good thing there is no weight limit on SoD.  This would thin out the perma camps on LDoN 6.  however there would be crazy trains elsewhere.

Baelin

Whenever i have lots of money on me, im encumbered to all hell.
Maybe its just me?

Also, charms would have to sell for more than 500k. Its not hard to make that if you're TRYING to make plat. on a normal day of just messing around i can make 200+ k. would have to be closer to 1000000plat for a charm upgrade if it was even considered.

The idea for a FG/CG vendor inside the guild would be kinda cool i s'pose. again, higher prices though. i dont know though, cause one person gets access to this... then the whole server can get into a chosen guild if you catch what im saying.

Whats stopping someone from doing the quest, and getting access to FG. Now they can buy FG/CG items, yeah? give all the components to their friends, rather than alt. Now the friend got in without any work what so ever.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 12:08:58 am »

Whats stopping someone from doing the quest, and getting access to FG. Now they can buy FG/CG items, yeah? give all the components to their friends, rather than alt. Now the friend got in without any work what so ever.

I did not even think of that. Good call.

Baelin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 01:08:09 am »

Vendor in the Nexus.... Make purchased items No Trade?
xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 04:40:48 am »

making FG/CG item no trade, would stop the trade between player.

Some player that cannot do qvic or other can (actually) ask  to trade FG/CG for run. Making item no trade will stop this, and i don't think this will be good for everyone.
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 07:54:25 am »

And stop you from giving them to your alts as well.

Rob Smiley
Zephr

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 03:53:44 pm »

Only bad part about being able to buy them is you won't be able to trade pieces from qvic runs Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 05:02:50 pm »

And stop you from giving them to your alts as well.

thus defeating the purpose of making a merchant to sell you items for your alts lol

Vincenso

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 06:35:05 pm »

You would just have to give the plat to your alts =p if the vendor was outside the guildhalls of course
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 07:58:00 pm »

You would just have to give the plat to your alts =p if the vendor was outside the guildhalls of course

Well they were saying you would have to be flagged for one of the guilds first, before being able to use the vendor.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64992
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 210